[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Gloves thread I recently lost my gloves on a call and need something

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 9

Gloves thread
I recently lost my gloves on a call and need something new for patrol.
They need to be leather and provide poke and cut resistance. Is there any brand of gloves /k/ recommends above all others?
>>
>>33819012
this isnt k related
>>
>>33819012
you can ride your mall segway in garden gloves I would think
>>
>>33819012
outdoor research tactical gloves

suppressor gloves are the ones I own but ironsight seems more popular
>>
>>33819074
How is it not
>>33819090
>hurr no one is actually a cop on 4chan
>>
>>33820129
go ask in QTDDTOT, everyone knows you only made a thread to tell everyone you're LEO.
>>
File: PIG.700-8[1].jpg (243KB, 800x533px) Image search: [Google]
PIG.700-8[1].jpg
243KB, 800x533px
>>33819012
PIG FDT
>>
>>33820160
Great shooting gloves, but absolute shit for patrol. They have fucking holes on the palm surface.
>>
>>33819012
>They need to be leather and provide poke and cut resistance

A glove that cant be poked or cut is useless for searching. What gloves did you lose?
>>
5.11 hard time gloves

Shits are badass af.
>>
>>33820146
It's relevant to to context of the question. Stop being so sensitive little snowflake.
>>33820191
I had a pair of bravo turtleskin gloves. They were comfy but as soon as the heat of summer cranked up they got constantly damp. Which is why I'm wanting to switch from textile to leather.
>>
>>33819012
Had a nice pair, but I lost my gloves in the boating accident.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (44KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
44KB, 1280x720px
>>33820219
Cut and poke resistant and cool in the summer? Thats some mithril shit, dude. If its gotta be durable, it cant be light.
>>
>>33819012
http://www.midwayusa.com/product/1918395606/military-surplus-german-unlined-leather-gloves-gray
>>
>>33820219
I meant your entire OP question, not that specific post.

a thread died for this
>>
File: maxresdefault(5).jpg (172KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault(5).jpg
172KB, 1280x720px
>>33820245
Do you have the necessary crafting materials so I can make some mithril bars?
>>
>>33819012

Stay away from Mechanix. They are decent if you just want a little bit of extra grip and a tiny bit of weather protection, but the thin leather rips really easily. They're not meant for hard use.
>>
>>33820284
Me? I didnt lose my gloves on a call. And if I did, I'd just go back and find them. Craft your own magic gloves.
>>
i have a pair of Mechanix M-PACTs, they're great
>>
>>33820427
> they're great

if you are handling machine guns all day, maybe. Have them too, zero dexterity.
>>
>>33820306
>implying /k/ isn't a magical place
>>
>>33820299
Implying anyone here does actual work
>>
File: redbull gives u boners.jpg (188KB, 872x872px) Image search: [Google]
redbull gives u boners.jpg
188KB, 872x872px
>>33819012

hi op i've been through alot of gloves over the years and here's what i used and what i think of them through 'hard use' i guess you can call it

>5.11 shooting gloves won't last a month, dont bother, stretched when used with liners too
>most Mechanix rip to shit eventually and they are shit for winter even with liners
>PIG FDTs are only good for casual shooting, not very heat resistant, not cut resistant, and are shit for winter wind even with liners
>underarmor gloves have problems with nylon mesh ripping and resin not holding up to summer climates, and are shit for winter wind with or without liners
>Wiley X CAGS/Hybrids are bombproof durability but are not great for weapon manipulation, however a pair saved me from losing skin on my hand from a hot M2 barrel, they are also good for winter but only with decent liners due leather surface, however out of the whole lot these are the only gloves that held up well dealing with concertina wire
>Flight gloves are in the midground between durable and flexible for weapons manipulation for both winter and summer, will only accomodate thin liners for winter

sticking with flight gloves, while i like my wiley x cags for field use, they are not great for shooting or using a phone doing daily average stuff
>>
>>33820256

oh yeah no dont do this, this is a bad idea, most milsurp gloves are absolutely dogshit besides the flight gloves and are leagues below the civilian made stuff

straight leather is also a bad idea for winter as when they get wet they tend to harden like rocks and make your fingers cold as fuck, and in the summer they are hot as shit in my experience

i've seen dudes almost end up with 3rd degree burns and cuts handling big guns and razor wire and all that fun stuff because they skimped out on a proper pair of gloves and got some synthetic leather and mesh gloves instead, always get nomex/kevlar and genuine leather
>>
>>33821157
Chippie here. I actually work hard with my hands and guess what:
don't spent too much on gloves, cause they will rip anyways. i'm using cheapo rubber garden gloves.
Burns and cuts? Man up would be my advice
>>
>>33819012
Magpul's leather gloves seem kinda good
>>
File: IMG_20170501_082316~01.jpg (4MB, 3036x4048px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170501_082316~01.jpg
4MB, 3036x4048px
Outdoor research overlord short gloves are what you're looking for. My pair have survived working as a ups package handler for 7 months, backpacking, heavy yard work, home demo/repair, and the casual range time. I've had them for 3 years now and they only have a small hole the stitching between the thumb and index finger.
>>
Magpul core technical or patrol, guys?
>>
>>33819012
Why not just get the same shit you lost?
>>
>>33821388
>>33819012
People are gonna laugh at me, but you fucking know what? Here we go:

http://www.esafetysupplies.com/Kevlar-Brand-Fiber-Steel-Glove-w-Black-Microfoam-Nitrile-Coating.html?gclid=CIjjp-z2ztMCFQGSaQod434OgQ

or

http://ironclad.com/all-ironclad-gloves/skilled-trades/ranching/ranchworx/

or

https://www.uline.com/Product/Detail/S-15331L/Cut-Resistant-Gloves/Uline-Super-Gription-Coated-Kevlar-Gloves-Large?pricode=WY569&gadtype=pla&id=S-15331L&gclid=COPvmrD3ztMCFYy2wAod-eEKwg&gclsrc=aw.ds

orrr

https://www.fullsource.com/radians-rwg555/?size=4&gclid=CPjizKn3ztMCFRCGaQodDBoLOg

Long story short, quit buying "tactical", "police" or "military" bullshit. I beat the shit out of my gloves pulling duty as an aircraft maintainer, having to constantly feel for high pressure/ high heat leaks in an area with a million sharp ends of safty wire and machined razor sharp edges during engine runs and other bullshit. The gloves were exposed to hydraulic fluid, aircraft oil, and other assortments of bullshit. Then I had to go and do security forces augmentee, handle a gun, and make sure I could actually function, go check the perimeters, feel around in the dirt for stupid afghanees throwing contraband over razor wire and barb wire. Industrial/ Commercial equipment is made to avoid lawsuits, that means its made to hold up against abuse from stupid idiots and still allow function.

Play around with some gloves like the above at a store, get a feel for them, see what you like. Worked for me. You can also find those cut resistant steel or aluminum weave gloves with nomex palms in case you have a burning need to grip something very hot.
>>
>>33822455
building on that. Shit like this:

http://www.envirosafetyproducts.com/hex-armor-gloves.html
>>
>>33819012
OP are you a cop?
>>
>>33819012
I don't know, have you tried asking other cops? Do you know any? Seriously a cop that doesn't know about good duty gear is either fake and gay, looking for attention or both.
>>
>>33821388
I used to wear a F-91W. They are pretty childish but goddamn if they aren't cheap and durable.
>>
File: keszty-gurkha-swat.jpg (67KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
keszty-gurkha-swat.jpg
67KB, 600x600px
>>33819012
I have a pair of Gurkha Swat, they are kevlar linen and have knuckle protectors, altough it only hase the protective lining on parts of the palm side
>>
Lads I'm Motor T. I don't care about anything tacticool brand tacticool, but what gloves are good for both shooting and working under the hood?

The gloves I was issued are worthless
>>
>>33822865
>>33822455
>>33822474
see here. now you know. Sorry I dont use images, tends to detract from people actually reading my posts.
>>
>>33822904
Yep, I'm a fucking idiot and didn't read any of the other posts... Thanks.

I just didn't want to go out and buy some $20 Mechanix gloves like everyone else in my section
>>
>>33822455
>in case you have a burning need to grip something very hot

Kek'd
>>
I have multiple pairs of 'flyers' gloves. I found this offbrand that had the wrists shortened, were flame retardant, and had full leather palms for like 25 a pair, so I bought like 4 pairs.

The cloth backing tears eventually but they're great gloves, resistant enough to hot ass barrels, and don't interfere with dexterity.

I can't remember the brand, but they're 'flyers' gloves, sometimes called 'shooters' gloves.

For knuckles I use Magpuls.
>>
>>33819074
This IS k related you huge massive gigantic earth shatteringly large faggot.
>>
File: 1493156247219.gif (2MB, 659x609px) Image search: [Google]
1493156247219.gif
2MB, 659x609px
>>33822455

>spook cop makes a thread and asks for patrol gloves
>AM drops in the thread and spergs out saying 'military gloves are gay'
>literally posts some glorified looking fisherman gloves meant for jerking off beluga whales

you can't even make this shit up, ironically enough i know of a story where an aircraft maintainer dropped a nitrile glove in a gas tank of a chinook or some crazy shit and they did a full blown investigation with CID and shut the whole show down

yes based aircraft maintainer please guide us to the holy grail that is blackhawks nose-diving into the earth so we can regroup in hell and have a laugh about private snuffys dick being cut off by a rogue helicopter blade because of a rubber glove

i am now forever terrified of riding helicopters, OP just get some oakley gloves and forget it
Thread posts: 42
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.