[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Usual lurker here. Just found this out >At my great-grandmother's

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 6

Usual lurker here. Just found this out
>At my great-grandmother's funeral
>Talking with my dad and a few of my great uncles
>My great-grandfather comes up.
>Learn that he was a paratrooper
>He fought in both Korea and 'Nam
>Gramps was fucking 60 and still a paratrooper.
Anyway
>Dad tells me that when grandpa left the service,he had an M1 and an M2 Carbine with him.
>Tells me he stashed them somewhere
>Dad says they're locked away "someplace safe" and that we'd have to go get them, but they're ours.
>But dad also told me to find out if it was worth going and getting.
>I immediately thought /k/ would know.

So /k/ommandos should we hassle a 12 hour car ride to go get them or should we let them sit for now?
Pic is just an M1.
>>
>>33814246
Do it you faggot
>>
Yes dummy go get them
>>
They have sentimental value and are worth a lot of money, the question is why wouldn't you go?

Go take a roadtrip.
>>
>>33814246
unless the M2 has been registered with the ATF, it is illegal as fuck
>>
>>33814246
m1 carbine is pretty cool but that m2 carbine is worth a fuck ton of money
>>
File: image.jpg (113KB, 1024x831px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
113KB, 1024x831px
>I may have an illegal Machinegun what should I do?
>>
>>33814246
Considering M1 Carbines go for $700 avg on the low end, and the M2 Carbine is select-fire and therefore a machine gun per the ATF, GO AND GET THEM YA GIT!
>>
>>33814246
YOU GET THOSE GUNS AND KEEP THEM AS HEIRLOOMS! FAMILY HISTORY IS IN THOSE GUNS! YOUR GREAT-GRANDFATHER BLED WITH HIS FRIENDS TO GET HOME TO YOUR GRANDPA, THAT IS THE GUN THAT SAVED HIS LIFE ON MULTIPLE OCCASIONS!

GET
THOSE
GUNS
>>
File: image.png (53KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
53KB, 800x800px
In all seriousness find out if your father has paperwork for the M2, as its legally a machinegun.

If he doesn't have the paperwork and the gun isn't already registered, delete this post and tell nobody about the M2 or the ATF will shoot you, your small children, and your dog.
>>
>>33814246
Do it ASAP! I would kill to have my grandfather's m1 carbine he used in Korea.
>>
OP here. Thanks for the quick responses. Not sure when we'll go get them but it'll probably be this year. I'll post results when we do.
>>
File: where is pin.jpg (145KB, 805x768px) Image search: [Google]
where is pin.jpg
145KB, 805x768px
>>33814246
12hr car ride for a free M1 Carbine? Hell yes, are you retarded?

Not sure about that M2 though, but if its legally transferable, DO IT NOW. SAVE IT ASAP. YOU HAVE SOMETHING VERY VALUABLE
>>
>>33814246
Where are they at? I'll go get them for you OP...
>>
>>33814274
Pull out a few parts and get rid of them or "get rid of them." M2 becomes an M1. ATF has been okay with that before with this specific gun.
>>
>>33814246
12 hrs? is that all. Why are we still talking, get going
>>
>>33814246
Go

Now
>>
>>33814246

>12 hours

I've driven 20 hours just to see my parents for the holidays. Even for the M1 alone it would be worth it, but be really fucking careful with the M2. If it isn't properly registered, you're literally asking for dogicide.
>>
>>33814274
>unless the M2 has been registered with the ATF, it is illegal as fuck
Shame about that tragic boating accident OP is going to have on the way home with his guns.
>>
>>33814246
Yes, those are worth it. Scour everywhere for any papers or stamps associated with the M2. If you can't find shit, don't tell anyone you own the thing.
>>
>>33814323
No, no, they won't shoot the small children, they'll just throw a flashbang into their crib.
>>
>>33814246
Here is what your gonna do. Your gonna do your little car ride and go get those guns, and from now on you will have a nice m1 carbine
>DO NOT TELL FUCKING ANYBODY ABOUT THE M2 AND PUT IT AWAY SOMEWHERE VERY SAFE, FIND OUT HOW TO SAFELY BURY IT AND DO THAT IF YOU MUST
Follow these instructions.
>>
>>33820323
this
>>
>m1 AND m2
NIGGER I WOULD DRAG MY DICK THROUGH A MILE OF BROKEN GLASS JUST TO HEAR THE SOUND OF ONE SHOOTING THROUGH A WALKIE TALKIE. DO IT
>>
Once a machine gun, always a machine gun.
Shame to hear about OP's dog getting shot.

>talking about illegal weapons on the open internet
>do you ask the NSA to back up your hard drive?
>>
>>33814246
>great grandfather
>fought in Vietnam
Are you 18 yet? Cuz that's 3 generations in only 36-41 years ago. A generation is 20 years by book definition/global average and has averaged around 22 years in the US since before WW2. So either you're young as fuck or your family has a history of shitting out kids in their mid-teens.
>>
>>33820442
>Cuz that's 3 generations in only 36-41 years ago.
No it isn't. His grandfather was probably born in the late 40s to late 50s if his great-grandfather served in Korea as well.
>>
>>33814246
>>Gramps was fucking 60 and still a paratrooper.
Bullshit
>>
File: image.jpg (28KB, 222x293px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
28KB, 222x293px
>>33814246
>>33820664
Lel. How did that work? They push his wheelchair out of the plane?
>>
>>33820664
I'm guessing he was probably some sort of instructor/advisor if he was still around at 60, so not like actively jumping out of planes.

>>33820706
>wheelchair
>60
How young are you, that you think 60 is wheelchair age? Most people aren't in that good shape by then, but still I've worked with labourers that old before.
>>
>>33814246
>I can go get some free guns
>should I or shouldn't I?
No, just leave them.
>>
>>33820762
It was an old man joke. Jesus, you people will point out anything to sound "right."

And by "you people" I do mean YOU PEOPLE.
>>
File: image.png (512KB, 1216x1034px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
512KB, 1216x1034px
>>33814484
They lare not okay with that and never have been and probably never will be. They consider any receiver marked M2 carbine to be a machine gun
>>
>>33821068
so just grind off the m2 marking ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Thread posts: 34
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.