[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey /k/ here is the deal >Live in New Jersey >been living

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 5

File: british-p1901-cutlass-2[1].jpg (106KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
british-p1901-cutlass-2[1].jpg
106KB, 640x480px
Hey /k/ here is the deal
>Live in New Jersey
>been living with my parents because 47% of people between the ages of 18-35 live with their parents here cause shit is expensive
>parents are antis so I haven't been able to own a gun
>finally just got a job where I can move out
>will have to apply for an FID which can take months
What antique navy cutlass should I buy? Not to be a sword fag, but it is better than my limp dick waiting for my license to practice a basic fucking human right to come in. I just need a cutlass long enough that I would have a big advantage over someone with a knife but short enough I can use it innaapartment/hall way
>>
>>33812286
Just go to pennsylvania and buy a rifle there.
>>
Autism
>>
>>33812524
>people have to wait sometimes as long as 6 months for an FID in NJ cause the courts give no fucks about upholding the law
>it is autism to want a weapon in the mean time
>>
>>33812589
a cutlass is an autistic weapon, just buy an extendable baton or something, even a ww2 bayonet would be less stupid
>>
>>33812312

This.
>>
>>33812783
How is it autistic? It is basically a nice machete. And if I ever need to use it it will look more like I just owned the thing cause I thought it was cool.
>>
>>33812312
>>33812834

Every dealer over the border I've been to will ask for FID card.

Also if you're moving out and not moving out of fucking New Jersey you're doing it wrong.
>>
>>33813242
Can't my job says I legally have to reside within the borders of NJ cause of a bullshit christie law and I don't think my cert will be transferable to a new state until June 2018 or 2019
>>
File: 1917-cutlass-large.jpg (33KB, 710x239px) Image search: [Google]
1917-cutlass-large.jpg
33KB, 710x239px
>>33812286
Cold Steel 1917 Cutlass. It's a repro of the Milsco WW2 version of the cutlass. Milsco had no idea how to make a real cutlass (with proper distal taper), so they basically made a big knife. It's a machete with a nice guard, essentially.

It's an accurate repro, and reasonably easy to use. The large guard will help protect your hand if you ever needed to use it, which makes it nicer than most machetes.
>>
>>33813208
Courts won't buy that argument. If you just wanted a cool looking wallhanger, you wouldn't have bought something actually useful, and you'd have a bunch of model ships and also a boat. They will argue that because you can't prove you didn't choose something harmless, you intended to harm, thus it's murder, which is bullshit, but that's New Jersey.

Get a baseball bat, some baseballs, a baseball gloves, and join a baseball organization if you can, then tell the court that you hate guns. You really need that many layers of protection to defend yourself in New Jersey.
>>
>>33813320
Yea I was going to see if I could start playing baseball again. But straight up I want a cutlass cause they are cool and shit.

>>33813304
I was thinking more of an actual sword made in the late 1800s or during the 1900s
>>
>>33813434
With a repro sword at least you won't feel bad if you damage it, and it will be cheaper. But if you do want antiques, check out somewhere like Fagan Arms. Here's a Briquet for a reasonable price:

https://www.faganarms.com/collections/swords/products/prussian-infantry-hanger-briquet
>>
>>33812312
>>33812834
Nope.

This is like those poorfags who think they'll just rent a cheap storage unit and crash in that instead of getting an apartment, because nobody ever thought of that before and the people who run storage units haven't caught on. No gun shop in Pennsylvania will sell you a gun with an out-of-state license, and especially not an NJ license. Will. Not. Happen.
>>
>>33813266
So move to PA but keep your parents' address as your official address for your job. Nothing says you can't have both NJ and PA drivers' licenses. Plenty of people have licenses in two states.
>>
>>33812286
Get a job in a less cucked state.
>>
>>33813519
Cant until next june at the earliest
>>
>this fucking thread
>>
>>33813466
New Hampshire FFLs give less than zero fucks about other states' gun laws and would happily sell bazookas over the counter if not for the NFA. It's a longer trip than PA, but totally worth it.
>>
>>33813466
>Dealer
Wow it's like I'm talking to actual fucking retards
>>
>>33815995
No one from PA will sell to anyone with NJ plates on their car.
>>
File: sussexisforfags.jpg (38KB, 994x280px) Image search: [Google]
sussexisforfags.jpg
38KB, 994x280px
>>33816593
I just bought this yesterday you retard
>>
>>33812286
http://www.kultofathena.com/product.asp?item=USS153&name=Royal+Navy+1804+Pattern+Boarding+Cutlass
http://www.kultofathena.com/product.asp?item=USS189&name=Infantryman%27s+Hanger+%2F+Cutlass
http://www.kultofathena.com/product.asp?item=501405&name=English+Cutlass
http://www.kultofathena.com/product.asp?item=AH3112&name=Soviet+Officer+WWII+Cavalry+Saber
http://www.kultofathena.com/product.asp?item=CS88CSSN&name=Cold+Steel+1917+Saber
http://www.kultofathena.com/product.asp?item=SH2375&name=Hanwei+Revolutionary+War+Hanger
http://www.kultofathena.com/product.asp?item=CS88S&name=Cold+Steel+1796+Light+Cavalry+Saber+-+Leather+Scabbard
>>
>>33813320
>all this fuddlore "intent" bullshit that has never happened
>so anon why did you use a 18th century infantry hangar to defend yourself
>because it was there
>but why do u need that
>because I thought it looked cool
>>
>>33816899
Thanks mate. Would you recommend a hanger or a cutlass?
>>
File: PA BEST VANIA.png (1MB, 1090x602px) Image search: [Google]
PA BEST VANIA.png
1MB, 1090x602px
>>33812286
>What antique navy cutlass should I buy?
Stop being retarded and move to PA.
>>
>>33813242
Nope, jewsyfag here, just travel another 20-40 or so miles west in PA and everyone suddenly stops giving a fuck.
>>
>>33817083
they're essentially the same thing. a briquette saber is a good starting point for a ~20" machete sized sword.
>>
>>33816593
>Ah yes sir we'll sell you this rifle just one more thing, per store and state policy we must go out to the parking lot and check your cars tags.
>>
>>33817111
Literally can't until my provisional cert goes standard.
>>
What is wrong with owning a sword if he even says he plans on getting guns?
>>
>>33817874
He plans to use it for home defense and has no plans on actually learning how to use it,
>>
>>33812286
move out of New Jersey, it's a shit state
>>
>>33817896
>1914+103
>using swords in any kind of practical manner
>>
>>33813320
OH NOES BUT WHAT IF THEY DON'T LIKE THAT YOU KILLED AN INTRUDER WITH A SWORD INSTEAD OF A BAT

Suck my fucking dick.
>>
>>33817920
OP may have a point. Sometimes, you HAVE to fight for whatever reason, and given a choice between a sword and hoping to scare someone off with my boner, I'll take the sword.
>>
>>33817083
How is your home like?

Any tight corridors, any configuration of small but open rooms? Consider the environment before picking one. A very linear house or apartment is very suited to thrusting focused straight blades, for example.
>>
>>33817958
in that case why buy a sword? He could buy a Machete off of amazon and accomplish the same thing for less.
>>
>>33818166
Because a machete is basically also a short sword. Also they are never made for good thrusting ability, which he may or may not desire and prioritize for.
>>
>>33818166
ASTHETIC

Also its NJ, any time someone uses a machete on a home intruder in the New York area people try to ban machetes. If anon pulls a cutlass off his wall, what are they going to do, ban owning antique swords?
>>
>>33818236
He plans to have it on a wall and never practice with it so in a situation demanding it he would probaly just start chopping anyway.

>>33818246
>banning an agricultural implement
Nah, some cop cut off his ex's head with it and no one said a word.
>>
>>33818111
Note sure, haven't picked the apartment yet.

>>33817896
Where do I learn to cutlass fight?

>>33818166
Cause I can
>>
>>33818269
Plenty of HEMA groups here. Even if they are all McDojo level just learning what your reach is would be beneficial.
>>
>>33818258
Thrusting is easier than chopping though. We invented the spear before any other bladed/pointed weapon; its ingrained into our DNA to know how to stick the pointy end in someone in order to survive.
>>
>>33818301
The club was invented far earlier.
>>
>>33813304
was gonna get one of these cause i read the destroyermen series
>>
https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B003ZZBPLA/ref=mp_s_a_1_5?ie=UTF8&qid=1493608285&sr=8-5&pi=AC_SX236_SY340_QL65&keywords=spear+head&dpPl=1&dpID=41n1j4VWRML&ref=plSrch

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B004MK6A7G/ref=mp_s_a_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1493608404&sr=8-4&pi=AC_SX236_SY340_FMwebp_QL65&keywords=speargun&dpPl=1&dpID=31r1A74B90L&ref=plSrch

Take up spear fishing. Make sure to take pictures.
>>
>>33818554
but I can't mutilate someone's hand properly with that
>>
>>33818772
Nah but a short spear, spear gun knife trio would be deadly home defense
Shoot them with the spear gun, the spear won't want to leave the target so it leaves something for you to hit and pull on, use the multi pronged short spear to keep them away, making fast and hard have, leaving lots of holes, and as a last ditch, if they grab hold of your spear, use your knife or pike .
>>
>>33818772
Also spear over sword. It's easier to get a full lung at someone innahouse with a spear vs swinging a sword.try this with a friend and some broomsticks. Also it takes alot more skill and practice to properly use a sword than to put all of your force into thrusting a stick at someone or trying to poke them as quick as you can.

It also doesn't look as premeditated as a scary looking sword. If you use a combination of fishing gear that you have because spearfishing is a hobby
>>
>>33819032
>STILL being on about 'intent'
You stupid shit, you could use a frozen haddock and they would rake you over the coals if you don't have a good lawyer.
Thread posts: 51
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.