[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>eyesight getting worse >can't shoot for shit at 50m

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 3

File: 1487729636531.png (2MB, 1246x1246px) Image search: [Google]
1487729636531.png
2MB, 1246x1246px
>eyesight getting worse
>can't shoot for shit at 50m with irons
>can hit the target but shots are all over the place
>will be scheduling an appointment with ophthalmologist soon
>probably will be wearing glasses
I dread them. Any /k/ommandos shooting with glasses? How is it?

Also, /k/ feels thread I guess.
>>
Cry me a fucking river. I've worn glasses since age 10.

It's no big deal. Buy them cheap and plentiful online or use contacts if you can.

There are special forces operators out there who wear contacts. (See 13 Hours).

With my glasses I routinely get 2" groups at 100m with irons on my M14. It's not the end of the world.
>>
>>33811162

Nearsighted fag here, I've worn glasses all my life and can't imagine life without them. You'll be okay anon, have you considered corrective laser surgery?
>>
In Army, wear glasses. Get a sexy pair for day-to-day and another big ass frame for shooting. I hate it when I'm shooting and non-corrosive vision blues the target.
>>
>>33811172
That's comforting, 2" is a solid group. Thanks.
>>33811178
Haven't even been to doctor yet.
>>
>>33811162

God made scopes for a reason so. also peep sights.
>>
laser eye surgery is an option
>>
>>33811325
Have you had lasic? How well does mono vision work when shooting with irons.
>>
>>33811395
laser eye surgery does not give you monovision.
they do both eyes, you fucking idiot.
>>
>>33811162

I've had glasses since I was about 11. I've been shooting air rifles and various firearms since about age 7. I don't have any problem shooting, only problem I had was the top rim of my glasses getting in the way when shooting scoped rifles so I just got all clear safety glasses that were my prescription for shooting. Fixed that problem and wasn't too expensive.
>>
>>33811162
oh shit im feeling it!
>>
File: pepe dora.jpg (66KB, 1024x1024px) Image search: [Google]
pepe dora.jpg
66KB, 1024x1024px
>only 20 years old
>eyes are really bad already
>have a degenerative eye condition
>will likely be blind by the time I'm 50
it hurts
>>
>>33811162
>How is it?
You realize you are supposed to wear eyepro anyways, right?
>>
>>33813468
How much do you recommend the Mk. IV?
>>
>>33811162
Nigger, glasses. Now.
1. Nobody gives a fuck about glasses anymore
2. You're not in highschool
3. Being teased for your physical appearance is grounds for a class action these days
>>
>>33815588
Wearing glasses does make you look bad though. It's being ugly that makes you look bad.
>>
OP, I found out after I graduated high school that I was legally blind (20/800 vision). I wasn't happy with my vision and when I finally scheduled an appointment, the optometrist told me she couldn't let me drive home without some kind of vision correction. Tried on some glasses first and they helped but I felt like I had a fish eye view of everything. Tried some contacts and after finally getting them in, I realized how much of life I was missing. Years later and the first thing I do in the morning is put in my contacts without complaint.
Would recommend laser eye surgery if you're old enough, or contacts as a more viable option. Glasses are ok, and they won't give you too much trouble when you're shooting.
>>
>>33815630
HOW THE FUCK WERE YOU ABLE TO DRIVE?
>>
>>33815721
I didn't realize anything was wrong. My vision seemed a little fuzzy but with some squinting I could see where cars where and what color stoplights were. When I put in contacts for the first time I realized just how dangerous it was to be driving without them.
>>
>>33815808
> My vision seemed a little fuzzy but with some squinting I could see where cars where and what color stoplights were
I seriously doubt you were able to read signs.
>>
>>33815808
How were you even able to pass the driving test? This honestly explains a lot of the stupid driving I see on the road. I need glasses but I'm only around 20/60, and even then I have trouble driving. You drove even when you were legally blind? How are you still alive?
>>
>>33815841
>>33815844
I could read signs when I got close enough. I took the driving test as soon as I turned 16, so my vision probably wasn't quite as bad as when I got contacts. The DMV guy just said "turn left up ahead, turn right" etc. I passed the test with no problem and then drove for 2.5 years until I got prescription contacts right before I started college. I was a very safe driver when I started and I still am today; no accidents or even close calls. Stupid driving is almost entirely due to distraction. Like I said, my vision got progressively worse over several years so I didn't even notice until I went in for an appointment and realized how bad it was.
>>
>>33811162
glasses look good on some people. might not be such a bad thing if you're concerned with your appearance. if like in my case, they don't suit you at all but you also don't want to wear contacts because those fucking suck, you could try just not giving a fuck.
>>
i'm nearsighted and i'm supposed to wear glasses but i never have because they make me feel weird. i only wear them when i shoot at shit with irons at long distances and when i drive long distances to places i havent been before so i can see the signs, then i take them off when i'm done
>>
>>33811236
glasses usually make you get 20/20 vision, they don't really affect groups.
>>
>>33811162

Glasses are a bit of a tradeoff. They protect your eyes from annoying shit but are perpetually smudged no matter how diligently you clean them. For example, glasses can stop drops of hot oil, dust, the occasional brass, and other nastiness from hitting you but not 5 minutes from cleaning them they will be dirty again and wiping the smudge will only spread it.
>>
>>33816125
>They protect your eyes from annoying shit but are perpetually smudged no matter how diligently you clean them.
That's just not true.

I have no idea how can you fuck up something as simple as cleaning glasses.
>>
op. how old are you? If you are in your young age, having eye sight drop too fast might be a sigh of pre type 2 diabetes, should go see a doctor.

Do you feel like to take a nap after lunch?
>>
>>33816184

Then enlighten me, how do you keep yours clean? Wiping mine with my shirt does jack, and anything short of scrubbing it under a sink does nothing.
>>
>>33816397
>Then enlighten me, how do you keep yours clean?
Microfiber cloth made for cleaning eyeglasses. Water and soap once every few days.

>Wiping mine with my shirt does jack
Shirt is fine too as long as you blow on the lenses first. They won't be as clear as with microfiber but definetly not smudged.

But really, what the hell are you doing that makes your glasses dirty 5 minutes after cleaning? You are either not cleaning them right or putting your fingers on the lenses.
>>
>>33811162
My eyesight keeps getting worse, they just keep giving me new glasses and now I'm at the point where I cant see shit without them. It feels bad man.
>>
File: FLIR 1911.gif (936KB, 600x337px) Image search: [Google]
FLIR 1911.gif
936KB, 600x337px
>>33811162
You should be wearing glasses while shooting anyway. Pic realted does a good job showing how much shit comes flying back at you.
>>
>>33815588
do you even know what "class action" means you nigger?
>>
>>33811162

Worn glasses since I was 8 or 9, I'm 30 now. Never had issues shooting with them on. You can also get contacts or lasik done if it's gonna big you so much.
Thread posts: 34
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.