[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Now that armor has once again out paced weapons, will we see

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

File: 1483898712941.gif (47KB, 171x142px) Image search: [Google]
1483898712941.gif
47KB, 171x142px
Now that armor has once again out paced weapons, will we see the return of the sword?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HG8Dk5FnNxE

>Nigger breaks into your home
>Unlock kimber 1911 from safe
>remove lockout tag
>Silently push 7 rounds into the mag well
>take aim at jamalasaurus
>mag dump his chest
>Haaa ayyy I gotz dis carbine tube vess mah dood

DEAD
>>
>>33809971
Where's he gonna get the vest, huh?
>>
>/k/ keeps telling me handgun accuracy is irrelevant.
Good thing I practiced enough to knock all his gold teeth out at 15 yards.
>>
>>33809996

Infowars, theyve been selling it for a while now.

>>33810014

You think youll be able to hit a nigger coming to pound your racist ass into the floor of your mobile home? IN THE FACE?
>>
>>33809971
>Now that armor has once again out paced weapons, will we see the return of the sword
What hope does your fucking katana have of cutting through that thing?
>>
>>33809971
just shoot em in the face
>>
More like

>mag dump his chest
>Aaah ayyy you broke all mah ribs nigga fuckkk
>[passes out from pain]
>>
>>33810064
he said nigger not pancho.
>>
hope he's wearing bulletproof underwear
>>
>>33809971
>will we see the return of the sword?
We wont. What were gonna see is more projectiles that are better at penetration than the previous.
If you don't believe me you should try lurking the tanker threads.
>>
>>33809971

No, but bayonets might see some renewed interest if you encounter this in an urban scenario.
>>
>>33810087

But AP rounds are inferior at outright stopping an attacker. Also once they make this stuff into plates, good luck.
>>
>>33809971
>soft armor

Yeah, I hope he likes shitting out his liquefied liver on a carpet, because that's what's gonna happen after his abdomen absorbs >4000 J of blunt impact from a 12ga slug.
OR you could just use an AR at which point he might as well be wearing a $1000 hoodie.
>>
File: 64b.png (13KB, 640x313px) Image search: [Google]
64b.png
13KB, 640x313px
>>33810106
>once they make this stuff into plates
>>
>>33810106
Their inferior until someone goes "Wow, this is a problem that I need to fixed" and then someone who is bat shit insane comes along and creates something that should only exist in nightmares. This is actually something that has occurred all through out the history of tanks, so go lurk tank threads.

Also their does currently exist a round that was designed as HVAP for small arms that is known for creating large wound channels.
Tres Haute Vitesse
https://www.quarryhs.co.uk/THV.htm
>9mm
>3.1inch wound channel
>>
>>33810145
>THV
ahhh this shit is so cool. I wish someone had some closeups on the gel tests, I'd like to see it compared with FMJ and hollow points.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2q44shCovQk
>>
>>33809971
I don't think jamal is capable of coherent speech after suffering broken ribs and rolling on the floor trying to fill his lungs with air.

Would give the home defender ample time to reload.
>>
File: 734582345.jpg (61KB, 339x406px) Image search: [Google]
734582345.jpg
61KB, 339x406px
>>33809971
>No penetration.
>Fragments in the clay.

???
>>
>>33810064
That doesn't really work that way.

Although since this is, at best, level IIIA you could probably cause significant and painful backface deformation or straight penetration with something like 5.7x28mm or better.
>>
>>33810800

It's soft armor, a very thin (malleable) one at that.
Even common service handgun calibers are very likely to cause moderate to serious blunt trauma, broken ribs are a distinct possibility.
Anything faster and/or heavier and you're looking at straight out life threatening trauma even without penetration.
There's a reason they only rate the T-shield for 9x19/.40/.45 despite the fact it will probably stop more than that.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.