[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What went wrong? >sex ergos >great trigger >low bore

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 4

File: maxresdefault.jpg (152KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
152KB, 1280x720px
What went wrong?

>sex ergos
>great trigger
>low bore axis
>made by a man with a great track record in Glock.
>>
File: americans on vacation.webm (2MB, 636x468px) Image search: [Google]
americans on vacation.webm
2MB, 636x468px
>>33807127
>glock exists
>HK exists
>sig exists

how casn steyr even compete
>>
>>33807133
Literally just as good in every category that you listed but at cheaper price.
>>
>>33807127
Early QC issues
What's a marketing?
>>
>>33807157
Makes sense. They shouldve just said "hey were comfier than glock" as a tagline.
>>
>>33807127
>Glock.
>>
>>33807127
Mainly poopy marketing

Shouldve taken a page out of glock's "how to keep fanbois happy" instruction manual and given them away for free to various book writing spec ops operators
>>
>>33807127

Marketing, and no media presence.

Every normie outside of firearms knows GLOCK, HK, Colt, and sometimes SIG and so on.

There's plenty of people who have guns who would say "What's that thing?"
>>
>>33807127
Even if it is on my list to buy one at some point just to piss on the glock fandom, the Beretta APX has a better feel alongside the fn509 having shot all generations of the g19, the Beretta recently, the FNS series, and the FN509 that my sheriff neighbor just got. There are better options out there over the g19, sig, even hk features.

Just wait for kalishnakov USA to make 922r compliant handguns from that new Russian striker fire that came out a year or so ago.
>>
>>33807281
You're retarded. 922r doesn't apply to handguns at all.
>>
>>33807485
didn't even know that until now, google confirms
>Section 922r of US Code, Title 18 is a regulation which pertains to building or modifying a semiautomatic rifle or shotgun from imported parts.
>>
No aftermarket support, no parts availability for do-it-yourselfers, no marketing, teething problems early on.

The biggest gripe from me is the parts thing. I have one and love it, and I don't really need go fast parts, but I would like spares of springs and such.
>>
>>33807133
Can I have sauce or an explanation of what the hell is happening in that webm?
>>
>>33807127
Marketing. Steyr has none. If they'd put any effort into advertising then all the fags drooling over Tavors would have an AUG instead because it was there first and is better. Instead they have almost no presence. I've never seen on in a gun store, and while they've been available to order you have to walk in wanting one.
>>
>>33807265
Shame shit with Walther really
>>
>>33807127
>Cheaper because its unpopular
What makes you think anything went wrong?
>>
File: 2 Blessed 2 be Stressed.jpg (30KB, 540x540px) Image search: [Google]
2 Blessed 2 be Stressed.jpg
30KB, 540x540px
>>33807556
MFW my local range just became a steyr dealer and lets me shoot whatever Steyr gun I want provided I provide the ammo. Including their top of the line precision rifles.
>>
>>33807539
chavs.
>>
did something go wrong? people own them. they have a compact and a long barrel. it comes in 3 calibers. besudes early gen 1 issues, Ive only heard praise from owners

If you want to make it big, really big in the gun world, you gotta get picked up by some american unit. police, military, something.

styer never got picked up by an american unit so it never sold well in the states

and thats fine. its a good gun that sold good enough
>>
>>33807741
Charlotte PD just bought a bunch of steyr stuff according to the dealer who sold it to them.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (339KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
339KB, 1920x1080px
>>33807741
>it comes in 3 calibers
No, the stopped importing the only one that matters.
>>
>>33807761
I think it'd have to get picked up by a lot more departments than just charlotte (is charlotte city police or mecklenburg county? Im in the area, I guess its not important which Im just curious. I know gaston county has hk p30s, which is awesome) but that's cool.

>>33807775
I was thinking 9, .40, 357 sig. if you're saying with that pic they stop importing the .357 that's sad but understandable.
>>
>>33807127
They don't play the "pay for reviews" game
>>
>>33807775
I want them to make a .45 so bad
>>
>>33808013
MAC has stated that he owns a Steyr.

3 guesses why he's never done a video on it.
>>
Lack of marketing.
>>
>>33807127

2 things stopped me from buying it

>holster
>light

It might sound like autism, but I can't stand it when a light sticks out more than 1/4 inch beyond the muzzle. Can't find any info on a light that would fit it correctly.

also, can't find any quality holsters for concealed carry.... let alone a CC IWB light bearing holster.

fuck custom holsters. over paying for a 10 week wait all for a piece of kydex or some overly thick leather job.
>>
>>33807951
"Charlotte" is all I was told. But it was hinted at being a large sale. According to google, CPD has 1800 officers.

Mainly, I think the main problem is the sights. They're good when you are used to them, but everyone trains on 3 dots so no one is interesting in learning a new system. At a recent expo, I expressed that to the Steyr guys and they just kind of gave me a "well yeah, but..." run around. I really think they're shooting themselves in the foot with that. Otherwise, the pistol is fantastic.

The other problem is as >>33808071 and several others said, they have no marketing. I've been to a few expos where they let anyone shoot their stuff for free and people had never heard of them before and were surprised by their quality. Especially weird because the range is just down the road from the AL factory.
>>
>>33807951
Yes, they stopped importing the .357 sig models.
Either that or they just stopped making them, but I remember hearing they were still in production.
>>
>>33808198
There's both lights and holsters now.
>>
>>33808280

my google-fu is fuckin weak.

help me out? with a good fitting light and a light bearing IWB I would definitely buy one.
>>
I own the subcompact version and honestly, don't bother with it. Just get the full size.

There's so little difference in grip length. I'm a 5'4" turbo manlet and can almost conceal my S9 with one of the full size seventeen round mags.

Anyone of normal height should have no problem with carrying it.
>>
Are there threaded barrels for it?
>>
>>33808198
>>33808280
>>33808339

anyone have a link?
>>
>>33808756
Yes.
>>
>>33807127
Shitty importers.
>>
>>33808046
He's not being paid for it?
>>
>>33807539

Meth.
Thread posts: 38
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.