[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Was this the most successful military occupation in the history

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 7

File: operation-iraqi-freedom-emblem.jpg (86KB, 659x739px) Image search: [Google]
operation-iraqi-freedom-emblem.jpg
86KB, 659x739px
Was this the most successful military occupation in the history of warfare besides the Mongols occupying Eastern Europe and the Middle East?
>>
>>33805516

The 2003 invasion? Certainly ranks there being one of the best invasions of all times.

The occupation/aftermath of the invasion? One of the worst and most humiliating for America off all time. Not only did 1.5 million Iraqi people die, it killed around 5000 americans and the utter incompetence and total failure of establishing a WORKING government that REPRESENTS ALL IRAQI'S and NOT JUST SHIITES has directly led to the creation of IS and its horrors.

I just hope that many of the Americans who were old enough to vote for George Bush here on /k/ know what blood they have on their hands.
>>
File: hahahahah.jpg (65KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
hahahahah.jpg
65KB, 1280x720px
>>33805680
>waaa we killed each other after our government couldn't stop us from killing each other.

you're one to lecture us on taking responsibility for our actions, abdool.
>>
>>33805698

1: I am a white caucasian Christian from the Netherlands.

2: 1.5 million died under your watch. Sounds to me you did one hell of a bad job of an occupation. Your country occupied and policed another country and 1,500,000 people died. That is criminal negligence in my book.
>>
>>33805820
>Mussies dying
>not a good thing
>>
>>33805516

What the Romans did during their Pax time. Then after, ehhhh, things come up and down.
>>
>>33805820
>>33805680
THe country was fine in 2010 when I left. Different anon btw. Was there in 07 when it was full blown civil war mode, but in 2010 we had figured out how to garnish the support of Sunni Tribes to support us instead of IS( generally money). It was after the US withdrew from Iraq that the policies of Maliki started to have serious consequences against the Sunnis, many who had sided with us towards the end. THe government refused to pardon many of them for supporting AQI, and governmental support was heavily sided towards Shiite communities. The US government while being comepletely fucking ignorant to Muslim sectarian divides that existed in the country, did a great job at adapting to the circumstances and eventually maintaining a successfull COIN occupation.
>>
>>33805820
>it's your fault we kill each other.

cut the malarkey, abdool. you're embarrassing yourself.
>>
>>33805820

So you're not from an internationally relevant country and are trying to backseat drive two cultures manlier than yours you know nothing about. Sit quiet and make windmills.
>>
File: 1488772338532.jpg (19KB, 379x469px) Image search: [Google]
1488772338532.jpg
19KB, 379x469px
>>33805698
>destabalize a country
>do a shit job at keeping the peace
>LMAO WE DIDN'T DO ANYTHING NOT OUR FAULT YOU'RE KILLING EACHOTHER, THIS WAS A SUCCESSFUL INVASION FREEDUMB AINT FREE
you are braindead
>>
US occupation of Germany, UK, and Japan post WW2 went awesome
>>
>>33806039
I had a chuckle.
>>
>>33807356
>Foreign force comes in and BTFOs your entire government/infrastructure
>Instead of uniting in the name of your country and people to fight a hostile invading army, y'all start cutting each others' heads off pretty much immediately
>"Thanks, imperialist pigdogs!"

Muslims, everybody.
>>
White people occupying Europe from the blacks who lived there originally.
>>
File: SDC10837.jpg (3MB, 3648x2052px) Image search: [Google]
SDC10837.jpg
3MB, 3648x2052px
God I miss the shit hole
>>
Yea W Germany and Japan are far superior.
>>
File: typical dutch.jpg (81KB, 780x453px) Image search: [Google]
typical dutch.jpg
81KB, 780x453px
>>33805680
>>33805820

>buh buh buh u muricans wuz humiliated!!!
>>
>>33805882
>THe country was fine in 2010
Sure, except for all the deposed Ba'ath fuckers digging up weapons and forming Daesh, you fucking dumb tool
>>
File: P7230056.jpg (2MB, 4288x3216px) Image search: [Google]
P7230056.jpg
2MB, 4288x3216px
>>33807522
I miss the other shithole...
>>
>>33806039
>>33809012
By lashing out against the messenger instead of arguing against the message, you're basically admitting that the other guy is right and lost the argument.
>>
>>33806039
Completely intelligent response I've come to expect from Amerifats

Great argument.
>>
>>33805516
Soviets in China.
>>
>>33809682
So you admit to being a cuck?
>>
>>33809905
q.e.d.
>>
>>33809682
Logical fallacies are applied to arguements not

>erhmahgawd the americans killed too many

Nor is it definitive proof that the opponent's argument is sound, you fucking retard

Back to your cuck shed u go
>>
>>33805516
haha yeah because it totally didn't create ISIS
>>
>>33810042
By lashing out against the messenger instead of arguing against the message, you're basically admitting that the other guy is right and lost the argument.
>>
I'd say the US occupation of Japan went pretty well.
>radio broadcast of the Emperor announcing surrender
>removed authority from Emperor but didn't dethrone or try as war criminal
>MacArthur immediately sets up food network
>suppression of autocratic and communist ideologies
>speedy rebuild of infrastructure
>baseball
>administrative reforms
>abolishment of state Shinto
>the fucking introduction of the concept of dating
>war crimes trials but few reparations
>managed to dissolve the military without large-scale revolt
>continued economic assistance

Only downside were some rapes, but there was even a system of brothels put into place to mitigate this.
>>
File: IMG_1073.jpg (2MB, 4211x2445px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1073.jpg
2MB, 4211x2445px
>>33810155
Back to your cuck shed u go
>>
>>33805680
>>33805820
>Quick invasion, years of occupation
>1.5 million muzzies dead
>Muzzies still dying and in greater numbers because they are fanatical savages
>Trying to make Americans feel bad
When 1.5 million Americans die because of our actions maybe I'll feel bad. Until then, fuck off you cracker christ cuck.
>>
>>33810222
>>
>>33805680
>there is a draft and the people who went there didnt volunteer to do so by enlisting.
>>
>>33807356
>>33807434

>>33807377

Literally This
>100% This

Niggers and Muslims.
Never will be able to live in a modern society

never
ever
ever
>>
>OP post obviously is referring to the initial invasion and destruction of the conventional Iraqi Military, referring to Operatio Iraqi Freedom specifically
>Everyone completely misses this and speaks of the occupation and counter-guerilla efforts
>Spouting memes such as '1.5 Million Dead Iraqis' and 'Caused creation of ISIS'
>>
>>33805516
INVASION OF FRANCE
>>
>>33805516
Excellent bait, OP. It's got spergs splitting hairs over initial invasion vs. occupation plus you'll be sure to draw out the vets who were there and are desperate to justify their time spent fucking around there as having some greater meaning.
>>
>>33809682
>>33810155
>>33810301
Fallacy fallacy.
You just basically admitted that
>>33809012 was right
>>
>>33805516
Gulf war was better, had 73 Easting and the Battle of Norfolk, the last great tank battles
>>
>>33811170
>>
>>33805882
Took them a good 7 years before they adapted though. That's long enough to cause long term-damage to sectarian relations.

Paul Bremer shouldn't had rushed the de-Ba'athification process within a few months after the invasion ended, pissed off nearly all the Sunnis who benefited under the system and empowered Sunni jihadists like Abu Musab Zarkawi, who stood to be the greatest beneficiary of the rebellion. Even when the occupational forces put a lid on the insurgency, the jihadists already have the momentum to keep fighting. All they just need to do is lay low or hide out in to another lawless conflict area like the Syria-Iraq border, and wait until the next Iraqi government fucks up.
Thread posts: 40
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.