[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Ok so i'm currently 20 and i'm turning 21 later this

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 4

File: ccp-nickel.jpg (41KB, 940x600px) Image search: [Google]
ccp-nickel.jpg
41KB, 940x600px
Ok so i'm currently 20 and i'm turning 21 later this year.

My parents have already told me they will purchase any reasonable pistol of my choosing for my birthday for my concealed carry.

My mother is huge on glocks as is my older brother.
My father carries a HK vp9 fde which i really like.

Im not huge on glocks (i find them boring) and my buddy highly recommended walthers which i dont really know much about.

So what do you recommend /k/? Id prefer 9mm but also interested in .40 S&W.
Walther? HK? Glock? Other?
>>
>>33805194
All of the poly wonder 9's/40's are nearly identical in practical accuracy and reliability. It really boils down to price, ergonomic preference, and aftermarket availability if accessorizing is your thing.

I would recommend that you go down to the gun store and get a feel for as many as you can, and go from there. If you like the VP9 a lot, the VP9SK should be landing at retailers in a month or so, and might make a more versatile carry piece than the full size VP.
>>
File: IMAG0628.jpg (2MB, 2688x1520px) Image search: [Google]
IMAG0628.jpg
2MB, 2688x1520px
>>33805194
dont listen to >>33805268
the CCP has a gas delayed blow back unlike pretty much every thing else which is either direct blow back or JMB tilting barrel by design. As much as I like my CCP I'd go PPS if you're going walther.
>>
>>33805834
>nearly identical in practical accuracy and reliability

If you could read then you would realize that post concerned the utilitarian aspects of the guns and not the internals or operating cycle, idiot.
>>
Get a Colt Agent or a Security-Six.

Be the problem child.
>>
>>33805194
get a FiveseveN
>>
>>33805964
>my parents have like 3 ruger 10/22s and like 4 ARs fully tacticool out
>i own solely slavshit and milsurp bolt actions
i already am the problem child
>>
>Not getting a Hi Point C9 or a Taurus G2
>>
File: stalth_gur.jpg (237KB, 697x1000px) Image search: [Google]
stalth_gur.jpg
237KB, 697x1000px
Walther has a recall on the CCP since February because it isn't fully drop safe. Stay tuned for the fixed guns to get back to their owners so they can report back what was changed.

>>33805834 has it right about the delayed blowback, it gives me a nerd boner all day long. Overall, the CCP is the contrarian hipster choice. Now, the ergos are 10/10 for me, but everything else about it is a sidegrade or not as good as the shield.

Singlestack-wise, I recommend shield, because it just werks and you can buy a fancier gun later.
>>
>>33805915
The CCP is currently being recalled for safety issues. It's notorious for cycling issues. When it works it's a fine gun (with shit sights) but I wouldnt carry it. I would carry my PPS . Take a step back, get some some hands on time with the guns you're talking about and then stop talking out of your ass.
>>
>>33806014
Do it again, we both know you wanna.
>>
Thanks for all the info guys
gonna go finger fuck some guns at my lgs and maybe see if i cant rent some at the local range

>>33806045
not gonna lie i considered a revolver but my parents looked upon we with such disgust i thought better of it
>>
>>33806028
Why are you telling me this? I'm responding to >>33805834 inability to comprehend >>33805268. I don't give a shit about Walther handguns and I'm clearly not defending them
>>
>>33805194
Hudson H9, it's only reasonable that your parents get you that pistol since it shoots so awesome and has such a low bore axis.
>>
>>33805834
I love my PPQ but it is full size, and unless you are ham planet, a PPQ a conceal weapon does not make.
>>
>>33806233

he said PPS
>>
>>33805194

Glock since no one shoots their cc for fun and it's all the ones I've handled have been absolutely reliable. Buy a nice full size walther or HK for home, fun, and maybe if you're life is especially uncertain at a certain period, for carry.
>>
Mine is a year old. 4000 rounds and no problems.
>>
>>33806252
I was more commenting on how I like the PPQ.
>>
>>33806344
p99c?
>>
>>33806372
I didn't care too much for that type of magazine release, it's why I went with the PPQ M2.
>>
>>33806396
and to think, we could have be friends.
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.