[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How common was it for commanding officers to roll into theatre

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 7

File: slightly upset.jpg (76KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
slightly upset.jpg
76KB, 1280x720px
How common was it for commanding officers to roll into theatre with the guys they trained? Or was Sobel an exception to the rule by pulling the short stick?
>>
File: GOAT.jpg (52KB, 750x750px) Image search: [Google]
GOAT.jpg
52KB, 750x750px
>>33799803
that was not a very impressive drill sergeant
>>
>>33799803
>How common was it for commanding officers to roll into theatre with the guys they trained?
you are mistaking basic training with a unit training before deployment. Easy company was a Infantry company in a Infantry battalion training for war. So yes, Sobel was supposed to lead their training in the states and then lead them into combat. Thankfully the chain of command realized he needed to be removed.
>>
>>33801334
He was sent to airborne school as a fulltime DI, then airborne school kicked him out to be a quarter master?
>>
>>33799803
2007 Marine Infantry. You don't go into the shit with your DI. There job is to train you on the basics. Then you hit your platoon after SOI.

That said it falls on the officers integrity. My old CO fucking chew shit and rekt stuff. I'd follow him to the gates of Hell. But he was unique, they aren't all like him.
>>
>>33801334
/thread
Pack it up boys, we're done here.
>>
>>33802142
>?
why the ? mark? guy had some kind of problem, led to his failed suicide by .45. remember kids, you put a gun to your head, put it in your ear, or you will end up blind and in pain forever like Ltc Sobel.And upon your death have no funeral service of any kind.
>>
Contraband!

No weekend passes!
>>
>>33802293
(((Sobel)))
>>
is that a scratch on your chinstrap leather?

how the HELL do you expect to fight face to face with a German when your chinstrap has a scratch on the leather

REVOKED
>>
>>33802293
What is the God damn holdup Mr Sobel?
Now, you cut that fence and get this goddamn platoon on the move!!!
>>
>>33803320
>that dog just aint gon' hunt!
>>
>>33802293
>Sobel
Michael said he bears no animosity toward HBO for portraying his father as they did, although he was stunned and upset at the portrayal when he first saw the series. In 2002, Michael ended up as an impromptu guest speaker at the Easy Company reunion in Arizona. One of the men’s sons hugged him through tears and said, “My father told me that if I ever had the honor of meeting you to let you know that it was because of your father that I’m alive today.” “That was pretty much the sentiment of the men I met that day,” Michael said. “I receive calls from men who served with my father and who praise him to this day.” - See more at: http://www.marcusbrotherton.com/unvarnished-truth-captain-herbert-sobel/#sthash.TjfiOqYW.dpuf
>>
File: 1491819535893.png (154KB, 374x321px) Image search: [Google]
1491819535893.png
154KB, 374x321px
>In 1970, Sobel shot himself in the head with a small-caliberpistol. The bullet entered his lefttemple, passed behind his eyes, and exited out the other side of his head. This severed hisoptic nervesand left himblind. He was later moved to aVAassisted livingfacility inWaukegan, Illinois. He resided there for his last seventeen years until his death due tomalnutritionon 30 September 1987.No services were held for him after his death.
>>
>>33803949
If the son cared so much he could have gone to his funeral, the man died alone and he had a paupers funeral.
>>
>>33799803
Yeah, your CoC in the states is the same one that goes with you overseas. In short. There's stuff like Forward Sergeant Majors and Rear D Sergeant Majors; shit like that, but in general your CoC will be consistent.
>>
File: ff.png (865KB, 892x734px) Image search: [Google]
ff.png
865KB, 892x734px
>>33803964
>>
>>33803964
>>33804252

If war and attempt at suicide doesn't kill you, the VA will.
>>
>>33803964
F
>>
>>33803949
>>33803989
It is even noted in the series that because of Sobel's draconian and very tough training methods, Easy was trained very, very well. Sobel WAS a good training officer at the end of the day. He got his guys ready for the show.

Where he failed was operational and tactical decision making and skills. That's why it's correct to say his perfect place was as a training school commander and as a supply officer, AND he also saved some lives in getting the men he trained ready for war.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.