[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey /k/ I'm looking for a new pump-action range toy,and

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

File: Norinco1897.jpg (176KB, 1022x678px) Image search: [Google]
Norinco1897.jpg
176KB, 1022x678px
Hey /k/ I'm looking for a new pump-action range toy,and I can't decide between the Norinco 1897 and a Mossberg 590A1,they both cost about the same where I live.
The only difference I can see so far is that the Norinco won't be able to deal with steel-shot,so I can't go hunting ducks with it
>>
>>33799456
M O S S B E R G
>>
>>33799456
I don't know why a Norinco wouldn't be able to take steel shot but 97s are fucking awesome and if you don't get one you're a fag
>>
>>33799565
The Material of the Barrel isnt tested with steel, so you are only allowed to use lead
>>
if you want a practical, it just works, actual use shotgun mossberg. if you are ok with possible problems, fuckery, and minor issues norinco. if its a range toy minor fuckery is tolerable for a funner design.
build quality on the mossberg will be much better than the norinco.
>>
File: wm_5935236.jpg (329KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
wm_5935236.jpg
329KB, 1600x1200px
>>33799456
Got me a pardner pump 870 clone for 200 zog bucks new. So cheap you won't worry about abusing it and it's built like a tank anyway. Runs 100% reliable, would highly recommend.
>>
>>33799618
dont base your impression of norinco off that gun and expect it to hold true for the 1897. there 2 quality levels of norinco guns. the hey we make these for our military lets pump out extra for civilians sales since we already have a factory. the other is some foreigner came over and asked can you ripoff this design. the export only guns have every possible corner cut in materials and manufacturing while still remaining functional.
>>
>>33799644
This may be true for many of the exports going to Canada, but it's not a valid generalization in my experience.

I own a Polytech 1897 and it's remarkably well built. Couldn't imagine them doing a better job if it were to go into their own military service.
>>
>>33799681
polytech is not the same thing as iac norinco
its chinese built to higher standards since cimarron demanded higher standards. the price tag reflected that.
>>
>>33799681
Polytech in general is very nice quality compared to Norinco.

Ever seen a Polytech Legend AK?
>>
>>33799644
So will I regret using the norinco over say a original Winchester?
>>
>>33799644
this is total bullshit. it comes down to production lines. There are plenty of youtube reviews of the 1897 side by side with the clone. Clone does pretty damn well. you get your duds from time to time, but there is the price if you play that game.
>>
>>33802132
Yes. Get an old M97, or get the 590A1, you'll be better off & have things that work and will retain value
>>
>>33802132
An original winchester is going to run you a lot of dosh if it's a trench one. A bird one will be cheaper, around $300-$400, but may have issues.

Mine was made in 1906 and will never, ever feed the last round in the tube for some reason, even after replacing the spring and a full disassembly/cleaning. Take that as you will.
>>
File: IMG_0650.jpg (2MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0650.jpg
2MB, 4032x3024px
>>33799456
My 1897 is in the picture, it's a cool gun with neat features not found on guns today, like push button unloading for example. I have one criticism to share with you, depending how you hold it, the bolt will smash into your hand.
The 590a1 is by far my favorite current production shotgun in terms of a weapon and yeah that's an SXP in the picture and I'm a Winchesters fan. So how much do you value that style of the 590a1?
>>
>>33806790
I should ad, and meant, the mossberg is a much stronger weapon with better aftermarket and customization etc but the style of the 1897 is cooler. I don't think norincos are take down though and that sucks.
Can you slam fire the norinco?
>>
>>33799720
I've a stamped Poly, and it's my favorite of my AK's.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.