[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Where the fuck am I supposed to buy 8mm mauser? The only place

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

File: 1493187330719.jpg (94KB, 496x443px) Image search: [Google]
1493187330719.jpg
94KB, 496x443px
Where the fuck am I supposed to buy 8mm mauser? The only place I have found is a gun club who wants 40 bucks for a box of 20
>>
>>33799377
buying online is your only option, especially if you want the good stuff

otherwise you should just handload; 8mm mau mau is a militarily dead cartridge
>>
http://www.sgammo.com/product/prvi-partizan/20-rd-box-8mm-mauser-soft-point-196-grain-prvi-partizan-ammo-pp81
>>
>Sellier & Bellot, Norma, Geco, Hornady, Federal, ...
It's a super common hunting round, stop being a retard
>>
>>33799382
Never had to buy 8mm mauser. Any reccs on brands?
>>
>>33799396
Apparently not where I live. No lgs have it.
>>
>>33799397
Go online for 8mm m8. Thats where I got most of my ammo. Prvi Partizan was my choice for 8mm when I had my mauser. Its also the cheapest if I remember correctly. Dont bother with military surplus, to much of it is shit to even bother with plus its corrosive.
>>
>>33799397
Don't get romanian shit. There's a substantial chance of it just not working in your gun.
>>
8mm is a fairly common hunting round as said above. if theres a cabellas or bass pro near you theyve got it guranteed (as do gander or academy though at a higher price), mine carries multiple brands and types. Privi should be ~$15 a box at a store if I remember right. Dont expect to see it lurking around small local stores or pawnshops though.

that being said online is a better idea. its easy to find online and like $2 cheaper a box at least, sometimes more.
>>
>>33799482
oh yeah should have mentioned this.

romanian 8mm is not made to normal specs and probably wont work. research your rifle before you buy any. as long as its brass case new manufacture it should be good to go in milsurps, i suggest privi.
>>
File: 1476147611292.jpg (865KB, 1536x2048px)
1476147611292.jpg
865KB, 1536x2048px
>>33799397
http://gunbot.net/ammo/rifle/8mm-mauser/

The Yugo stuff is tops both new manufacture and surplus but there are some years to watch out for in surplus. Romanian is one of the more easily found surplus and just fine. Turk shit is good if you can find it but inspect brass carefully before use. Iranian shit is shit and mostly good for breakdown and reloading. hangfires and duds by the boatload, some years of manufacture are dangerous to fire. Any surplus you find, especially oddball clips and such you pick up at gunshows, you inspect the sealant on the primer to make sure you aren't firing proof rounds or something stupid or valuable.
The PPU stuff is fine but more expensive (iirc they make the yugo military ammo).

>>33799499
>>33799482
>There's a substantial chance of it just not working in your gun.
wat. the loads are lighter and intended for the m76 semiauto (also ideal for any other 8mm semi-auto that should not be fed full power military ball). it's not the most accurate stuff but it is well suited to plinking.
it has served me great in the past but it is both dirty as fuck and corrosive.
what's this about it 'not working?'
>>
How expensive would a ww2 era 8mm mauser be?
>>
>>33799417
Hey buddy you know what you're on right now to post on 4chan? The internet right?
Guess what, you can also exchange money for goods using this "The internet". Give it a try sometime! Ammo comes right to your front door.

Also screw local gun stores, the selection is usually terrible and prices run high. Only go to them to finger fuck guns before you buy online and have it shipped to an FFL dealer. Then you do a little paperwork for a gun in the comfort of someone's living room and take your gat home. Its so simple OP, embrace the 21st century.
>>
Unfortunately all US manufactured 8mm Mauser is loaded quite weak, based on the fear it might be fired in an old rifle with a bore diameter of .318", instead of the post-1905 .323" diameter.

The only way to see the true potential of the caliber is to handload.
>>
>>33799482
>There's a substantial chance of it just not working in your gun.
I see Romanian ammo takes after the Romanians themselves
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.