[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey /k/, beta cuck from /g/ here What do you buy if you prefer

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 4

File: 0615-HandgunRevolver-Slide.png (167KB, 847x450px) Image search: [Google]
0615-HandgunRevolver-Slide.png
167KB, 847x450px
Hey /k/, beta cuck from /g/ here

What do you buy if you prefer ugly/plain weapons and only want to spend enough for a functional concealed carry option?

I don't like guns, but it's always good to be prepared.
>>
>>33797768
Armscor M200/206
>>
>>33797768
>I don't like guns
die
>>
>>33797768
Just promise us you'll never vote Democrat unless Jackson reincarnates.
>>
>>33797768

Glock 26
>>
>>33797768
Most glocks would fit the bill.
>>
>>33797768
Certainly not a revolver except for light/backup carry. Pic better not be related.

>I don't like guns
I don't like you
>>
>>33797768
>What do you buy if you prefer ugly/plain weapons and only want to spend enough for a functional concealed carry option?
A glock.
>>
>>33797950
>>33797768
Also,
Glock
>>
Glock 17 9mm

Cheap, durable, and doesn't take a gun nut to own or take of. Any dumbass could handle one.
>>
whatever is most comfortable to shoot, so you'll actually train with it. A decent revolver these days costs more than a decent semi-auto desu. Any striker-fired or DA/SA hammer pistol will do.

Police trade-ins are usually cheap and already broken in, and often times come with holsters and spare mags. Pretty easy to find cheap Beretta PX4s rn, and those are actually really good pistols.
>>
>>33797768
m&p shield 9mm
>>
>>33798030
triggers are garbage on them and you can find much better semi-autos at the same price point
>>
>>33798030
$50 mail in rebate now too
>>
>>33798032
apex makes a great trigger for them. don't be a faggot. great gun for great price
>>
>all this Glockposting

Yeah, let's recommend the gun that inexperienced people ND more than anything else.
Great idea guys.
>>
Canik TP9SF
>>
>>33797768
Zastava CZ999
>>
>>33798041
this is casual shooter, not enlightened gunfighters like most of us. It's gotta work out of the box with no modifications. Stock triggers on S&W pistols are garbage. OP should be looking at police trade-in glocks or berettas desu, or a S&W if and only if it's previous cop owner put in an aftermarket trigger
>>
>>33797768

>it's a "I dislike guns and would never vote against or defend against threats to my 2nd amendment rights, but I still want to CC a pistol for self defense" episode

don't even try to tell me it's not minorities you're most worried about, and that you'd never openly say that because it's racist and not just statistical likelyhoods

anyway, glock 26, s&w shield, or any of the infinite short barreled revolvers. don't spend more than $350 if you're just meming and arent going to actively take it to the range to practice the techniques that are potentially saving your life.

just buy whatever the guy at the counter says DESU
>>
>>33798058
nobody should buy a used glock. glocks need work too. garbage guide rod
>>
if you want a shit gun hi point will accommodate you
>>
>>33797880
I vote Libertarian in California, so not that my vote matters but sure, I promise

>>33797830
>>33797950
>>33798074
Recreational firearms just don't peak my interest, is what I mean. I am hardcore in favor of personal rights.
>>
>>33797950
I thought revolvers were more reliable and easier to use? Why so quick to toss them as a CC option?
>>
Glock 26, a small double stack 9mm that'll fit the bill.

Glock 19, a compact double stack 9mm that can be concealed, but not easily on smaller frames, less articles of clothing.

For revolvers a S&W Airweight .38SPL +P rated snub nose would do the trick.
>>
Glock 19
>>
>>33798150
semi-autos give more bang for your buck. A $600 semi-auto will be just as reliable as a $1000 revolver, and give you better capacity.
>>
>>33797768
If you truly want to be obstinately practical, get a hi-point, aka the glock forty.
>>
>>33797768
>I don't like guns
>but muh preparedness pepper meme

GET THE FUCK OUT
>>
>>33798150
Revolvers don't allow you to carry the 17 rounds plus two extra mags you need to be prepared in case you're mugged by large teams of navy seal trained ninjas, as is a highly realistic scenario.

rly though there's nothing wrong with carrying a revolver. Makes some guy's penises feel small to only have five or six rounds on tap.
>>
File: glocc 40 problem solver.png (3MB, 2048x1536px) Image search: [Google]
glocc 40 problem solver.png
3MB, 2048x1536px
>>33798199
>>
>>33798193
Does this hold true at very low price points? First response suggested an Armscor M200/206, which is a $200 revolver

>>33798205
Lol, if I'm going to miss six shots in a row or get mugged by tons of people at once, I don't think the extra capacity would do much for me
>>
>>33798205
Pfffft, what? The people who are called smalldick babbies are the ones carrying revolvers. Its a fedora gun, its basically the equivalent of using a straight edge razor. You buy it because it looks "badass," not because they are cheap, because the non-garbage revolvers sure as fuck cost at least as much as a good semi-auto striker fire da/sa.
>>
>>33797768
Glock 19
if you are total whimp something like Bersa Thunder
>>
>>33798278
Ironically, I shave with a straight razor because it's cheaper
>>
>>33798275
Armscor M200/206 is not rated for +P loads, which is the only kind of .38spc that anyone trusts their life to. .38sp +P or a good 9mm Parabellum is what you should be looking for for a defensive weapon.
>>
>>33798105
Not liking guns != being uninterested in guns. Your first post makes you sould like you'll be afraid to touch the thing. If you seriously want to carry one for protection, be prepared to spend at least several days at a range to learn how to use the thing.
>>
>>33798275

M200s are actually pretty good little guns. They arent much good beyond 10 yd, but if you're only gonna shoot it if you're backed into a corner, it's fine.

The finish is ugly and they arent gonna last as long as a smith and wesson, colt, or dan wesson, but if you're not gonna shoot it very often, that doesnt matter
>>
>>33798348
they aren't rated for +P
>>
>>33797983

Why would you get a 17 for CC? Not a 19 or even a 23?
>>
>>33798366

Not saying I'd carry one, but M200s are pretty well made guns for a $200 pistol.

If I was in the <$300 price range, I'd get a bersa thunder or maybe a shield.
>>
>>33798394
sure, but OP is going for his One And Only gun, so it has to be something you'd trust your life to. I would not trust my life to a .38 that can't handle +P defensive loads.
>>
How much of a meme is +P? I can't tell if it's an "I got a big dick, I need a big kick" thing or an actual concern for self-defense efficacy.
>>
>>33798255
what is the point of having a suppressor that even with suppressor sights, still can't be aimed over the suppressor?
>>
Get the shield. You can't go wrong with it with the current rebate prices.

Don't listen to the retarded fags crying about the trigger. If you can't shoot a shield trigger youre hopeless.

The trigger is fine for a self defense gun.
>>
>>33798500
Do some research gitcuck. /k/ is not going to spoonfeed you answers.
>>
S&W 637
$400
Plain and simple gun
Light and easy to carry
>>
File: Image243.jpg (67KB, 500x449px) Image search: [Google]
Image243.jpg
67KB, 500x449px
Ruger SP101 with either a 2" barrel (lighter and smaller to carry) or a 3" barrel (easier to aim, more velocity).

Carry it with some nice .38 Special +P defensive loads, it holds 5rds.
I'll advise against carrying it with .357 Magnum loads since you don't seem to be interested in a lot of practice or the finer points of guns, the extra recoil and flash would be a disadvantage to you.

With .38 Specials it does well enough and is easier to shoot, particularly in a steel frame (and a 3" barrel like pic related).
If the plastic grips look bad to you, there are wood grips to buy.

For reloads, you could carry one or two speedloaders, and you pretty much have most realistic bases covered. If speedloaders feel a bit round and fat in your pockets, speed strips is a way to carry extra ammunition in a flat package, though it's not as fast to load with.
>>
>>33799786
Pictured, an SP101 with a set of swanky wood grips.
>>
>>33797768
YOU GET THE CHEAPEST HI-POINT C9 FOR 150 BUCKS AND WHORE 500 ROUNDS THROUGH IT AT A RANGE OF YOUR CHOICE

A MONTH LONG, EVERY WEEKEND. 2000 ROUNDS LATER:

CONGRATULATIONS YOU ARE NOW GOOD AT SHOOTING THAT SPECIFIC GUN

YOU CAN NOW CARRY THAT SPECIFIC GUN WITH YOU AND NOT GET RAPED ALL DAY

EVERYTHING ELSE IS TOO EXPENSIVE FOR A BEGINNER
>>
>>33798043
not the gun's fault
>>
>>33798500
Look man, M&P9 Shield is relatively cheap and has a manual safety. Get a holster, that, and some Federal HST and you'll be set. It is sufficient for anyone who isn't a gun nut.

https://www.smith-wesson.com/firearms/mp-9-shield-0

https://www.federalpremium.com/ammunition/handgun/caliber/9mm-luger/personal-defense-hst/p9hst1s
Thread posts: 52
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.