[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

All right /k/, looking for some no bullshit advice here. I'm

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 4

File: babby.jpg (19KB, 385x383px) Image search: [Google]
babby.jpg
19KB, 385x383px
All right /k/, looking for some no bullshit advice here.

I'm a /noguns/ and need good first gun recommendations. Something to take to the range and get comfortable shooting with, I guess. Shit-talking about <insert brand here> aside, what are my best options?

My interest in a firearm lies in having a basic last-resort means of self-defense for myself and my family.

I shot my dad's fudd rifles a little bit as a kid, so it's not the first time I've shot a gun, but not too much since he wasn't a big hunter.

I don't need a fashion accessory but can afford to pay for quality.
>>
- P90
- Five seveN
- Steyr TMP
- H&K UMP
- Accuracy International AWM
Anything else is absolute shit tier
>>
>>33795824
Totally deserves it's own thread.
Go to store that sells guns, fondle them, find the one that best fits in your hand, give the man money. End.
>>
>>33795848
B8/10
>>
>>33795856
poverty/$0.00
>>
You gotta be more specific about the job you want the gun to do.

If all you want is practice get a .22lr. I suspect you have other ideas however so don't come in here and drop the "name every gun until you get to the one I was thinking of anyway bomb" like a total fag.
>>
>>33795824
I honestly think a good bolt action .22 rifle with a good scope on it is your best bet. Ammo can be had for three shots for a buck and they're easy to manipulate. The Savage Scout rifle with a Burris 2x7 on top, and a good sling that suits you. Something like that.
>>
>>33795824
Pick a shotgun you like and get busting clays.
Bonus points if you have a tactical shotgun range near you.

>inb4 le epin 10/22 meme
>>
>>33795875
No, I don't. Coming in from the outside, there are a ton of options. I hate having a ton of options! I just want something that works and works well. A lot of them are probably fine, but if there's a few that all gun owners know about but I wouldn't, I want to know about that.
>>
>>33795824
Get a glock, sig sauer, or Smith and Wesson m&p in 9mm. Go to a gun store that carries all 3 and fondle them. You'll have a favorite. Buy it online for cheap.
>>
>>33795915
God damn you obtuse fuck it's a simple question. If you seriously want some advice answer it.

A gun is a tool. You use different tools for different jobs. What jobs do you want your gun to do?
>>
>>33795915
https://www.cheaperthandirt.com/product/mossberg-mvp-patrol-bolt-action-rifle-556-nato-1625-medium-bull-barrel-10-rounds-synthetic-stock-3-9x32-scope-matte-blue-27756-015813277563.do?sortby=ourPicks&refType=&from=fn

https://www.amazon.com/IWEAPONS-Infantry-Tactical-2-Point-Adjustable/dp/B01DS1MTI8/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1493428180&sr=8-1&keywords=idf+sling

https://www.amazon.com/IWEAPONS-Infantry-Tactical-2-Point-Adjustable/dp/B01DS1MTI8/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1493428180&sr=8-1&keywords=idf+sling

https://www.amazon.com/Hoppes-Cleaning-Kit-for-22-255/dp/B000H6HA28/ref=sr_1_5?ie=UTF8&qid=1493428242&sr=8-5&keywords=223+cleaning+kit

http://www.gunbot.net/ammo/rifle/223/

There. All done.
>>
>>33795981
He wants a generalist rifle that's easy for beginners, with an emphasis on home defense. Stop being an asshole to the newbies.
>>
>>33795989
He never specifically said rifle other than mentioning he's shot one before...

And excuse me if I seem a little short with yet another noguns, with the collective intelligence of the human race at his fingertips, who can't be assed to put a modicum of thought and research into the topic before coming in here.

I wonder if people go to automotive forums and say. I need a car. Tell me cars to get. lol
>>
OP? You still there...?
>>
>>33796039
>I wonder if people go to automotive forums and say. I need a car. Tell me cars to get. lol
The best way to trigger /o/ is to start a "wat car is gud" type thread
>>
>>33795824
The standard firstguns combo these days seems to be a Ruger 10/22 and a Maverick 88. If you want to upgrade a bit, you could make that a 10/22 Takedown and a Mossberg 500. Both are good quality and reasonably priced.
>>
>>33795824
If you want quality, HK is a good bet. My first handgun was a P2000, recommended by /k/. I cried for a little bit when I shelled out the cash, but I have absolutely no regrets. It has never snagged up on the over 2500 rounds I've put through it.

I would say go for a midsize/compact. A full size is something you won't want to carry and a sub-compact is something you'll never want to shoot for fun. Something like a P2000, a Baretta PX4, Sig P225, CZ P-07, or something like that. As the others are saying, be sure to handle a gun before you buy it to make sure the grip isn't uncomfortable. Other than that, just make sure whatever you get is on sale if you can help it. Also, don't buy at a big box store, you'll get fucked on prices.
>>
>>33795824
if rifle AR-15. buy budget build, only like 450 rn and good enough unless your T1 operator. Then still probably good enough.

If handgun then depends on what fits hand best. go rent at range and find out. maybe research on youtube or google first to see what looks like up your alley
>>
>>33796057
Yeah, I'm here. Taking down suggestions, which I appreciate.

As for the job I want it to do, I figured

>Something to take to the range and get comfortable shooting with, I guess

and

>My interest in a firearm lies in having a basic last-resort means of self-defense for myself and my family

covered that, but I guess it doesn't. I don't plan to concealed carry, go hunting, or fight in a war. So, home defense. That's the job I want to do.

I'm used to boards with lower standards!
>>
>>33795890
>33cpr .22lr
What
>>
File: Hate Crime.jpg (981KB, 1800x1620px) Image search: [Google]
Hate Crime.jpg
981KB, 1800x1620px
>>33795824
HK
Glock
S&W
CZ
EAA

Anything with (reasonable) lifespan and good CS is your ticket to hassle free ownership and training.
>>
>>33796238
If you're only going to own one gun that gun should be a rifle. Covers all bases from up close and personal to reach out and touch someone.

Assuming you live in the USA the best choice is some form of AR-15 for the following reasons:

1) widely available
2) relatively inexpensive
3) plentiful accessories and spare parts
4) plentiful and affordable ammunition
5) large store of institutional knowledge as to its employment available online

Now...what AR? Depends entirely on your budget. Assuming you have 4 brain cells and two opposable thumbs you can assemble one from parts for less than $500 currently. Several manufacturers also sell entry level rifles between $5-600 that are solid guns. Or you can go the gucci route and spend a shit ton more from several boutique manufacturers. Sky is the limit.

Feel free to ask questions here but the mothership for ARs is AR-15.com.

God speed padawan you're going to find out how deep the rabbit hole goes.
>>
>>33795824
get what you like.
avoid budget brands.
avoid oddball calibers.
>>
>>33796506
you buy good entry level ARs for less than 500
>>
File: P30L Sunbathing.jpg (493KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
P30L Sunbathing.jpg
493KB, 800x600px
>>33796553
Yeah, sadly this...

Brand wars are dumb and most people don't shoot enough volume to consider any other qualifiers.
>>
>>33795982
>CTD
pls
>>
>>33795824
I swear we used to have a sticky for you fucks to read. Just go fondle some guns, buy a lower caliber, controllable weapon for you to learn on that has cheap and available ammunition
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.