[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Who's the better shot, /k/? Competition shooters with their

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 4

File: 1470208421893.jpg (49KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
1470208421893.jpg
49KB, 600x450px
Who's the better shot, /k/?
Competition shooters with their .22 rifles or Army Snipers?
>>
>posting males
OP is a faggot
>>
File: 1493061798439.jpg (82KB, 960x960px) Image search: [Google]
1493061798439.jpg
82KB, 960x960px
>>33794335
Competition shooters are only good in their specific sports, Army Snipers are more "versatile" IMO
>>
File: 1463361706770.jpg (20KB, 236x376px) Image search: [Google]
1463361706770.jpg
20KB, 236x376px
>>33794342
I posted males because girls can't shoot
But since you asked

>>33794358
But couldn't competition shooters be just as good if given training? Would they perform better given their previous talent with a rifle or would there be too many bad habits from sport shooting?
>>
Army
>>
>>33794335
Tell me OP, are fencers and swordsman the same? Is riding a moped vs riding a motorcycle the same? Is heating aluminum via a wood fire and shaping it into a pretty object the same as throwing steel into a hot forge and shaping steel into the desired shape the same?
>>
>>33794372
Well fencing has its basis in french rapier treatises, despite the differences between modern fencing and HEMA
>>
>>33794335
Being accurate is probably the easiest part of sniper training, almost anyone can learn these skills but still fail the snipers course.
>>
>>33794335
I'd imagine army snipers are better at anything that's shooting anything thats not a paper target in a controlled environment, and who is also ok with groups greater than a centimeter and otherwise ok with concealment.
>>
>>33794364
>But couldn't competition shooters be just as good if given training?

Heh, that's like saying being a glider pilot will be good as flight show jet pilots given training.

Sure anyhow can be good enough given enough training and character, and Olympic shooters might have some good traits already trained into them, but it starts to become a totally different league given their nature.

>>33794379
Fencing does have it's history in antiquity, but that is like saying marksmanship has it's history in the revolutionary era (extremely broad generalization, sorry).

Might point being, Olympic shooters are more trained to a specialized sport that almost is artistic and stylized rather than raw force, grit, and precision that is military sniping.
>>
>>33794379
*Italian rapier treatises
>>
>>33794446
>might point being
Fair enough points though
>>
>>33794485
Kek, you'll be surprised by the number of errors I could leave behind as I, ironically enough, revise what I say.
>>
>>33794335
i'd rather ask why people are interested into watching this, it makes me sleepy.
if i wanted to wait for hours i'd go to church every sunday
>>
>>33794545
That's TV in general
>>
>>33794335
I'll just ask because I want to know: wy are they all wearing those autistic modern art looking outfits
>>
>>33794668
they're uniforms
>>
>>33794335
The basic fundamentals are the same, but the stances, equipment, ranges, etc. are different enough that it's kind of apples and oranges. PRS competitions would be a better civilian equivalent. I'd say that top PRS shooters are better shots than military snipers, while the average Joe doing it as a hobby would be worse. I have no data to back that up, though.

>>33794358
The fundamentals of accuracy are transferable and perishable. Even snipers would benefit from things like service rifle competitions.
>>
>>33794668
It's a shooting jacket that gives a fuckload of support at the expense of mobility
>>
>>33794477
>>33794372
*french small sword treatises

You're both fuckin' dumb
>>
civilians talking about military matters again. This is /k in a nutshell. Just because you shoot at a paper target while sitting at a bench doesn't make you a soldier. You guys never seem to get this. This thread is proof of your flawed mindset. Look shooting is only one aspect of being infantry or especially a sniper. One skill set in the many needed to be a sniper won't help you very much if you were to change fields.
>>
>>33794335
Targets don't shoot back.
>>
>>33794668
It's like a rigid garbage bag they wear that provides a bunch of support for posture and stuff.

Olympic shooting is gay as fuck. It's standing at a 100 yrd line and putting holes in a target with an air rifle. It really doesn't impress me at all
>>
>>33794370
That's Lauri Törni AKA Larry Thorn, not Simo Häyhä.
>>
>>33796576
thank u 4 ur cervix
>>
>>33796576
thank you for yor service, ur a true hero
>>
>>33794335
I was in a smallbore club during highschool, also was in the NZ army for around 6 years. They are two completely different things, each helps with the other but in the end it's two different styles of shooting.
>>
>>33794668
It's pretty much just a thick canvas jacket to help with your stance, also has latching points for your sling and elbow pads.
>>
>>33794335

The ones that actually put lead into human flesh while being shot at.
>>
>>33796586
If you get shot at as a sniper you are doing it wrong.
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.