[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Do you guys ever sell some of your guns to buy others of better

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 2

File: 1406123878560.jpg (114KB, 900x745px) Image search: [Google]
1406123878560.jpg
114KB, 900x745px
Do you guys ever sell some of your guns to buy others of better quality?

What have you sold that you regretted? What have you sold that you don't regret and what did you buy with that money?
>>
>>33793398
>Do you guys ever sell some of your guns to buy others of better quality?
No, I just save my pennies until I can buy the ones I actually want in each caliber. I don't settle for lesser guns.
I think the idea of "starter" guns is just a great recipe to waste money in the long run and end up with less of the things you want.
>>
>>33793478
But isn't it much better to have a 4k quality gun than to have 5 shit guns that were cheap as shit?

What about selling those 5 shit guns and buying the good one?
>>
>>33793398
>Selling guns
Never ever
Theres a shit ton of stuff I regret not buying though.
>$200 SKS?
>Nah, they'll be that price forever
>>
>>33793494
Diversity is the spice of life.
>>
>>33793517
>>33793502
I'm currently selling three of my guns to get a brand new SIG 550.

I think it's worth it.
>>
When I first started shooting I bought a .308 CZ 550 Sporter for 600 yard target shooting, then realised that because of how thin the barrel was the group was opening up after about 4 shots. Sold that and bought a R700 SPS Varmint
>>
>>33793494
there is no such think as "4k quality"
If you spent 4k on a gun, you are just a gullible loser
>>
>>33793494
>buying a 4k gun
>vs 5 less expensive guns
If you really think those cheaper guns can't do 99% of what that 4k gun can do for your average person, you're delusional.
Plus you can have caliber diversity, and diversity within your collection. That's a lot more fun and meaningful.
>>
>>33793398
My wife hears me tell people that I'm a gun collector and she says "No, you're a gun hoarder. Collectors buy and sell"
>>
>>33796636
Ask her if she's collecting all those shoes she never wears to sell later. That'll shut her up.
>>
>>33797094
>listening to your wife
She's just a walking tax break that cleans the house. Occasionally.
>>
>>33797103
>not just getting a dish washer machine instead
>>
>>33797149
I can't put my dick in a dishwasher anon. Or can I... brb.
>>
>>33793398
Regret selling my almost mint SS ruger security six. I've got a weird thing for half underlug barrels.
>>
>>33793398
I got rid of four rifles in the last few years. Never had the slightest hint of regret.

I prefer having a few guns I love and use often than having a bunch of safe queens that just gather dust. Guess I'm just not the collector type.
>>
>>33793610

Angry poor.
>>
File: CentralParkSmith.jpg (40KB, 800x462px) Image search: [Google]
CentralParkSmith.jpg
40KB, 800x462px
>>33797662
You tell those poorfags! Hey, richfag old buddy old pal, I got this great product that's $5000 and exclusive to richie riches like us. It's a real exclusive deal and you'd have to be a poorfag not to go for it!
>>
>>33793398
brits are so weak and cowardly they can't even handle knives without government help. fucking fags you should all neck yourselves.
>>
>>33797751
The idea of every britfag being rounded up and sent to the gas chambers makes me feel tingly.
>>
>>33793398

The only gun that I've sold so far is my SKS, I THINK it's a Norinco, but I should check (sold it to my dad). I may trade him an AR to get it back at some point since I have the same amount of money in my AR as the SKS is worth ATM.

I don't plan to sell much, if anything, unless I get the chance to get a much better one at a good price.

Even my mutilated Krag, I'm probably gonna try to rebuild it instead of selling it.
>>
>>33797486

Nothing wrong with that, more for us.
>>
I sold a few guns that weren't any good like a modern remshit 870 (i know).

I mean, I could keep them as wallhangers I guess, but really they're just taking up storage space for guns I actually enjoy.
>>
>>33797848
>guns that weren't any good like a modern remshit 870 (i know).
I just got one.
Maybe since they're offering lifetime warranty for their 200th anniversary they stepped their shit up a bit, it's been working perfectly fine for now.
>>
>>33797876

Differentfag here.

I've HEARD that they are slowly bringing the quality back up. I don't own any Remingtons so I can't confirm.
>>
>>33793398
>Ragret
Sold Winchester 97 long barrel. I kind of miss it, but it never fed no matter how much I cleaned and tuned it so oh, well. I should get a chinese clone some day so I can have one that works.

Used the money to help fund buying a CZ 97B

Maverick 88, also sold to get my CZ 97. It was a novelty gun with a pistol grip stock and a cheap, shitty heat shield, but it was kind of cool too and my bedside gun for some time. Ultimately though a pistol was more practical (there's a reason I put the pistol grip on the shotgun, I have no space for a full sized one near my bed) and it's not like I ever actually shot the thing, so still a good trade even if I miss pretending I was an 80's action star with the Maverick.

>No Ragret.
Cimarron Frontier, .45 colt. Sold it to buy Taylor and Co. 1858 converted to .38 special. Love my Taylor.

Pietta brass framed 1858 black powder, sold to buy a stainless steel 1858 black powder. Basically straight upgraded and only cost me a hundred bucks on net.

SD9VE. Didn't get anything when I sold it, which was kind of sad, but I needed the money. Ultimately though all my guns now are nicer and nicer to shoot, so I don't miss it that much.

Nugget. Sold my garbage rod at the same time as my SD9VE to pull together some money. I have much better guns to replace it now though so no regrets.

Heritage Arms Rough Rider, returned as defective after discovering it had an issue that would have removed my fingers had I shot it. No regrets, though I do kind of wish it hadn't been trash because I like the idea of a cheap, .22 SAA.
>>
>>33793398
Regrets
>sold an RIA 10mm because I couldn't afford to feed it. I miss it a lot.
>Sold an SP2022 to buy a Tristar C100. I regret this mostly because it was retarded. I wish I still had the Sig.
>Sold an AR pistol that i really liked to fund a suppressor that was on sale. The sale turned out to be a lie, and I spent the money on dumb shit.
>Sold my G17, my first handgun for a P09. I don't necessarily regret getting rid of the G17, but i do kind of wish I had kept my first handgun.
>Sold my maverick 88 that I absolutely beat the shit out of for more than I paid for it.

No Regrets
>Traded an M&P40 that I got for $300 for the SP2022
>Sold my SAR K2 .45 for $400 and used the money to buy a VP9 for $450.

>Sold my Savage 10 in .308 for a Savage 10 BA Stealth in 6.5

>Sold my maverick 88 that I beat the absolute shit out of for more money than I paid for it.
>>
>>33793398
>Many weapons currently on sale have no legitimate purpose in society and if I can help get them banned it will be a victory
>Wants to ban hunting knives

The clue is in the name, lady.
>>
>>33798306

This is the country that will arrest you for having a steak knife on you.
>>
>>33793398
Only reason I sell guns is to buy new guns.

I'm not trying to troll, but I got bored with polymer guns and sold all my glocks for 1911's and other metal guns.
>>
An enfield, a prewar Radom 9mm with nazi markings, and my ruger Blackhawk.
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.