[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why nobody makes current production of the Luger P.08 whereas

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 3

File: p08.jpg (210KB, 1600x1027px) Image search: [Google]
p08.jpg
210KB, 1600x1027px
Why nobody makes current production of the Luger P.08 whereas everybody and their mother makes 1911? The gun was as popular, reliable, in a cartridge that is still used today, they are still iconic, what gives?
>>
because nazi gun
>>
>>33792379
The StG 44 was a nazi gun, yet HMG is making modern reproduction.
>>
>>33792365
people did for the longest time.
Mitchell's Mausers.

However they never sold because they had to price them high due to production costs.

Now, you may be onto something with a modern production simplified toggle lock system, but a modern Luger would be too expensive to be worth a damn.
>>
Because it would be retardedly expensive.

They were in production for decades, and even when they were, they were expensive.

Now get Thad and Booger to setup a CNC shop like HMG guns to put out a "clone".

It'll either be a turd up from a Stoeger or be utter crap for $5000
>>
there are still companies that make P08s, learn to use google
>>
>>33792365
The 1911 is far more versatile than a toggle locked system.

Being easier to manufacture combine with its versatility made for the vast proliferation of the design.
>>
>>33792407
>HMG is making modern reproduction
nein.
>>
>>33792365
nazis are evil, you stupid fucking white male
>>
Probably because there's enough of them on the collector market that it doesn't really warrant a modern reproduction. an original STG44 on the market is almost unheard of, but you can find Lugers fairly easily, they're not at every gun shop, but they're easier to find than most guns.
>>
>>33792501
>>33792524
Not sure if bait.
>>
>>33792524
Stop samefagging, or at least put some effort into it.
>>
>>33792533
>but they're easier to find than most guns
meant to say they're relatively easy to find when it comes to collector guns from the early 20th century.
>>
>>33792539
>anything that's not racist is bait
>>33792546
>no two people can be not racist
you people are a piece of work
>>
>>33792365
Because they look gay as fuck, that simple.
>>
>>33792501
>>33792578
The nazis got rid of the P08. Their official pistol in WWII was the P38. You're either a troll, or an idiot
>>
>>33792407
Are you trying to trigger /k/?
>>
>>33792524
lamest copy pasta
>>
File: 30368603.jpg (28KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
30368603.jpg
28KB, 500x375px
Because Capitalism
>>
>>33792524
>>33792501

We all know you're behind both of those, whether you're trolling or not. Are you the SJW that shows up every once in a while? Where did you come from, tumblr?

Also:
>my political extreme is the best and your political extreme is nothing but hate and anyone who has an opinion that deviates from mine, even by the measure of an atom, deserves "complete and total annihilation"!!!!!!!!!!!

And lastly, congratulations, this is how threads get derailed and turned into political shit-throwing
>>
>>33792365
It's considerably more expensive to machine the parts, and unlike 1911s, require quite a lot of handfitting, the springs are really just not as easy or cheap.

There's some small outfits who make replicas but they're expensive.
Mauser was gonna do replicas once upon a time and they tooled up for making lots, but found they only sold about 10 000 guns.

>>33792420
The togglelock is the point, it kind of stops being a Luger if you move away from it.

>>33792496
Cry more.
>>
>>33792365
the P.08 is a mechanically-complex design that requires a lot of fine machining and man-hours to produce. A quality repro would likely cost Meatball money, at which point you might as well just buy an original instead.

>>33793098
it's obviously bait you retard, the text wall is a pasta. It's amazing how /pol/ transplants fall for hilariously low-effort bait every time it's posted.
>>
>>33792365
Machinist here actually interested in making one for myself.

I'll give you the short of it:

Tooling is expensive. a 1/4 carbide end mill costs 25 bucks on Amazon, and you'll be breaking a few a day.
Demand isn't nearly high enough. Something better exists and part of the thing that makes owning a old gun cool is it's Rarara.
DETAILED plans aren't common enough. I Google '1911 detailed plans' and the first pdf seems to have at a first glance the shop drawing for every single part, produced by a machinist and mech designer. This is why everyone and thier dog makes a 1911. Do the same for luger and it's not as easy. Plenty of Amature models and the like, but not enough money spent into good detailed reverse engineering or drafting.

And that's why most old guns won't make a comeback.
>>
File: Screenshot_20170428-154706.png (433KB, 1440x2560px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20170428-154706.png
433KB, 1440x2560px
>>33793098
we are everywhere
we are Legion.
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.