[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I should probably post this on /an/ but you guys might have better

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 4

File: IMG_1224.jpg (254KB, 680x503px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1224.jpg
254KB, 680x503px
I should probably post this on /an/ but you guys might have better ideas on this, would a Komodo dragon be able to bite through chain mail? I want to troll these giant lizards into biting my legs and having autistic shitfits because they can't kill me

>Tl;Dr I want to piss of giant venomous lizards and want to know if chain mail has my back
>>
>>33790816

DO IT FAGGOT

i'm guessing the crushing pressure on those jaws is enough to break your bones even with chain mail

and why would the lizard stop at biting your leg ? it would crawl up your bod and claw your face
>>
this is more of a /tg question
>>
>>33791182

Nope. Apparently, a komodo dragon bites with less force than even a cat
http://news.nationalgeographic.com/news/2008/04/080418-komodo-dragons.html

If OP doesn't get bit where he isn't wearing chainmail, he should actually be fine.

It's still retarded and dangerous, of course, but he should be fine
>>
File: 1443051043509.png (291KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1443051043509.png
291KB, 1920x1080px
>>33790816
Here's a wallpaper for you
>>
>>33790816
Komodo dragons are not venomous, their saliva contains infectious bacteria
>>
Speaking as a monitor lizard owner, bite pressure won't be your problem. You see, the animal is going to use its claws and weight to get you as well. Similarly, once it bites you, the enormously powerful neck and torso muscles will be used to press you against the ground or a rock to break your bones.

I've seen smaller species do it to mice, Komodos do it to deer. They bite, claw, and generally try to knock you down, then drag you across something hard or the ground to break bones and permanently disable you.

Watch videos of smaller monitor species eating mice. Watch how they drag the body across a rock with their neck before taking bites.
>>
File: IMG_0224.png (301KB, 625x634px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0224.png
301KB, 625x634px
>>33791261
OP here, thanks for the pic, have a spĆ¼rdo family tree
>>
>>33791377
Except they are.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Komodo_dragon#Venom
>>
>>33791474
Jesus christ why are they so mean. Fuck those assholes.
>>
>>33791762
>projecting human concepts like meanness onto an animal evolved to kill and survive

I bet you wish people could just get along, too
>>
>>33790816
Chainmail is used to prevent shark bites, and komodo bites aren't as lethal as shark bites.

Also they wouldn't be mad they can't kill you, they usually bite and then let the fucker walk away to die from their venom, which they have btw.
>>
>>33791249
Uhhh, my Maine Coon eats chicken thigh bones, uncooked. Id imagine something thats over six feet long with similar bite capacity would still fuck your shit up, even if it maybe couldnt break the largest bones in your leg. Youd still get crushing tissue damage in spades
>>
>>33790816
>I want to troll these giant lizards into biting my legs and having autistic shitfits because they can't kill me
yeah, about that, they would pull it till your chain mail rip, or till they tear off your limbs.
also crushed bones
and they would throw you on the ground and attack any exposed flesh
they are not chihuahuas, they can take an adult down even if they cant bite thru chain mail

but heck, dont let that hold you down, go play with some lizards
>>
>>33791762
I saw a chicken kill a mouse the same way, holding him in its beak and then banging it against the concrete till it was dead.
>>
>>33791377
It's both, actually.
>>
File: 1465432267842.jpg (52KB, 958x766px) Image search: [Google]
1465432267842.jpg
52KB, 958x766px
>>33791693
very outdated. spurdo went extinct in 2015
>>
>>33791693
Damn, I never noticed Spurdo's face was based on Pepe's
>>
>>33790816
i like you,this is a worthy cause...go forth and piss off lizard critters!
>>
>>33790816
Why doesnt someone bring their "pet Komodo dragon" to a Trump rally?
>>
>>33790816
Well okay one: you're retarded, and two it'll break your bones through the fucking armor.
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.