[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

so im thinking of getting a gas mask what gas masks/filters will

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

File: mask.jpg (73KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
mask.jpg
73KB, 800x800px
so im thinking of getting a gas mask
what gas masks/filters will keep me alive if i ever need to use one?
>>
1) A thread died for this
2) lurk more, as we have this thread almost every fucking day
3) There is literally already another thread about this topic open right now.

If I could sage you harder I would.
>>
>>33789923

Pretty much any mil surplus from the last 20 years will do. The older it gets, the more dubious everything about it gets. So an old mask with a new filter might still have issues. Also keep in mind that you need to think full body protection, not just mask - hood, gloves and so on - for the more dangerous threats.
>>
Any situation that requires a gas mask will be a situation that requires a sealed hazmat suit. It's great that your mom ordered you a $30 surplus mask but the other 90% of your body is fucked.

Gas masks are for dress up. Get a surgical mask for dust/debris. You are not even close to prepared for anything more than that.
>>
>>33789923
whatever protects against fallout
>>
You'll never need to use one and if you did you're going to die anyways.
>>
Look for any 40mm cbrn filter that is sealed and in date, Any gas mask that can take 40mm filters, If you plan on exploring irradiated areas get a hazmat suit or cbrn suit
>>
>>33792097

You have clearly never dealt with CS gas or even smoke from a fire. The cops aren't allowed to use biologic or chemical weapons at you either so the stuff they can release at you during a demontration can be countered with a gas mask. A surgical mask is not good at that.
>>
>>33792608
>smoke from a fire

asphyxiation will do you in before the smoke inhalation, don't ever use gas masks in a fire.
>>
>>33792663
Can't you get some that use a oxygen tank?
>>
>>33792097
Actually the more likely situations that require a full chem suit are very few compared to the situations in which a a respirator of some kind would come in handy

CBRN suit:
>Nerve agents that can penetrate skin
>high level hazmat (you wouldn't be around this anyway)

Respirator alone:
>airborne debris of any kind (asbestos from demolished buildings, soot, etc.)
>radioactive airborne debris from fallout
>any kind of crowd control spray
>>
File: 99spxsz629f79[1].jpg (89KB, 980x551px) Image search: [Google]
99spxsz629f79[1].jpg
89KB, 980x551px
>>33792663

You are entirely correct. Don't ever use gas mask while inside a structure on fire. They will give you no extra air, protection against heat.

However, if you are outside in free air I still think you might benefit from it if there's dangerous fumes. And the fire brigades seem to agree. See, we have a lot of very long main road tunnels here. Some of them are curving under bits of ocean. I think the longest tunnel is something like 15 miles long. These see a LOT of car traffic and we have had a number of cases where cars crashed in the inside, blocking the road, filling up with smoke and leaving a few times passengers to walk out for several miles. People have died. And the fire brigades have been recommending regular tunnel drivers to get gas masks - they tried to make it mandatory but it didn't get through to a law.

Pic is showing a practice event.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.