[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>been thinking about how home defense would logically go down

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

File: mfw_looger.jpg (70KB, 337x240px) Image search: [Google]
mfw_looger.jpg
70KB, 337x240px
>been thinking about how home defense would logically go down
>thinking about possible entrance points if someone was trying to break in
>realize that pretty much the only way they're getting in is right next to the bookshelf
>mfw I realize that the possibility of blowing the fuck out of my book collection is very real if someone breaks in

I mean it's not like it's anything super special but it's still going to suck.

What would be behind your target if someone broke into your home /k/? Would you hesitate? Would you even know what is there before you pulled the trigger?
>>
>>33786873
I'm in the middle floor of an apartment, so no matter where I shoot, I have to assume there's something with a person behind it, kinda sucks. My HD round is 5.56 Vmax though, loses stability and velocity quickly when it hits something, so my hope is any misses will tumble enough that they won't be lethal after passing through a few walls.
>>
>>33787157
Hey, I live in a middle apartment too but my home defense is a .40 so I may as well throw my gun at an intruder. At least it's a sig and that heavy bitch will do some damage.
>>
I'm in a densely packed apartment building, and the only entrance to my apartment is in between my room and a family with small children who live across from me.

Needless to say, I use 5.56 for my HD weapon, and I intend to mag dump.
>>
Worst-case scenarios for destruction, bookshelves and electronics; worst case overall it flies out of any of the thirteen (only ~7 are so conveniently positioned, though) windows on the ground floor.
>>
Only door out is facing towards the concrete side of the neighboring building. The door is hurricane proof.

Using a P89 with Federal Hydrashock 9mm JHP, so... It shouldn't over penetrate TOO much like an FMJ.
>>
>>33787157
>>33787519

9mm Shieldfag here, just bought some gold dot in hopes that hollowpoints will not perforate my neighbors on the other side of the wall.
>>
>>33787583
I'm the .40 fag. I only have one entrance to my home and across the hall is a neighbor. He and I have an understanding that if either of us hears gunshots from the others home, take fucking cover. Otherwise, our apartments are mirrored and our bedrooms are protected by our fireplaces, our appliances and our water heaters.
>>
I just would rack the action and not miss if that didnt deter them
>>
File: 1493146066141.png (127KB, 491x383px) Image search: [Google]
1493146066141.png
127KB, 491x383px
>>33786873
>tfw all your lines of fire on potential entry points are clear
>>
>>33787583
>gold dot
Use HST, they are vastly superior, do the research if you don't believe me.
>>
>>33787763

No, I believe you and I'll remember for next time, but I don't really have any use for hollowpoint unless I'm forced to defend myself, so I expect the one box I bought is probably more than I'll ever need, and if shit goes so bad I use it up things will be bad enough that I won't be able to get more and will just have to use my range ammo.
>>
Second floor apartment with only the front door and kitchen window as entry points, and they're right next to each other. It's a freestanding building at the edge of a neighborhood, so any rounds would go into the neighboring duplex's entryway or the street. The only gun I have for home defense is a shotgun (not going to try to use a Mosin), so buckshot would probably be safer than rifle rounds or even pistol rounds. I also get the feeling that I could shoot the wooden post that holds up the stairs and porch and collapse everything in front of my door since it seems unstable.
Luckily it's a really quiet neighborhood with a mix of families and students and I haven't heard of any break-ins or robberies. Where I live criminals would have to be suicidal to risk breaking into someone's home.
>tfw highest percentage of gun owners of any state by far
>>
>>33787805
Not that guy but I highly recommend you buy a few boxes of your planned "duty" rounds and make sure that your weapon likes them. Some types of hollow points can be difficult to properly run through certain guns and the last place you want to make that discovery is 2 AM in your boxers as some guy is coming at you with a knife.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.