[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Alright guys, civilian fag here. I came to this board last week

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 5

Alright guys, civilian fag here. I came to this board last week asking about your opinions on what being an Infatryman was like and whether you'd recommend it. A lot of you didn't really recommend it since 11Bs
Get treated like shit for the most part.

At the end some of you recommend it either an MOS that would get help me out in getting into the FBI, or go air force.

So I did some research and I come asking for Advice, again.

I really like the whole concept of being a "Special Missions Aviation" Airmen. You ride on a helicopter with a static Crew, and your job is to make sure everything is properly up and running in the helicopter. You also get to man a M134 minigun. (What else am I missing? I'm guessing there's more to that job than just that).

In the army I found that working with intelligence will get you a government job. I'm not entirely sure which MOS of the 35 series is a good choice though.

If I wanted to work for the FBI which 35 MOS would help me? Which one is the best option? Is intelligence something respectable in the army? Is intelligence a worthy and rewarding MOS that doesn't bore you to death or makes you stay in an office 24/7? Anybody knows what is it like?

Or should I go airforce as a "Special Missions Aviation" Airmen?

>inb4 "Just go talk to a recruiter you fag"

Tried that for both branches and even marines. They all jerking me off with "You sure can get there buddy, all you gotta do is sign up for my branch"

Or they'll lie to me and say "Human resources is one of the best jobs in the army"

I prefer talking to you veterans and service members that are not recruiters since you guys don't really cut any corners and have no reason to make things impressionable on me.
>>
take it to MEG dumbass.
>>
Go army and get 11c! I was mortar for 6 years and miss it every day since I have been out!!!!
>>
>>33784750
I actually have a friend in 11c, and brags about all he does is blow shit up all day.

Which sounds fun, but truthfully I want an MOS that will help me out with degree.
>>
>>33784720

There's a Military Enlistment General thread that is ALWAYS right there and active. Use the catalogue you retarded fucking newfag.

And if you want to be FBI, look into OSI, dickbreath. How fucking stupid are you. Maybe you're better off working on trucks for the fucking Army national guard, because if you can't even figure out how the board works, you're likely going to be a fucking detriment to the USAF. Situational awareness, fuckhead.
>>
>>33784791
>"REEEEEEEEEEE"

I posted here a bunch of times and everybody was pretty chilled to answer my questions, my bad you got so autistic over me posting on the wrong board.
>>
>>33784720
Wasn't an 11b but was an 0311. I never really wanted to join the military growing up. The war just fell into my lap at the right time so I went Infantry to fight, not pursue a further career.

I ended up doing Intel work at the company level, but that was because I chose Infantry with high placement scores. DESU in my opinion the only reason to join infantry the only reason was to see combat, which isn't going to happen unless we get into a conflict soon.

If you're doing it to pursue a further career I imagine other MOS's such as Intel or perhaps linguistics would be better. In the end all those jobs like college education and you'll need to pursue your GI Bill. That's about all I can say. You're not really asking about being an Infantryman, you're asking how it will benefit you in the future. The answer is not shit unless you use GI Bill.
>>
>>33784975
I'm going to college right now and I'm gonna enlist when I graduate. I was considering infantry but a lot of dudes who were infantry said that it wasn't worth it. Thank you for the help
>>
If you go that route try to get into the 160th
>>
>>33785023
>going infantry after you get a degree
Do you also wipe before you shit? You're retarded.
>>
>>33785042
How come?
>>33785079
I just wanna get my degree out of the way honestly.
>>
>>33784720
If you want a job that'll do well on the outside, go do intelligence and specifically signals intelligence.You'll get a lot of certificates and experience that will translate well to good jobs. Marines have the most well-rounded SIGINT units in the military.
>>
>>33785116
Ignore the haters. Have fun. This is your life. Make it your base, or just an experience. From here you can do anything. Including blowing shit up.
>>
>>33785116
160th is the Army's special operations aviation unit, they fly and crew helos for cool guys.
>>
File: 033.jpg (1MB, 2048x1536px) Image search: [Google]
033.jpg
1MB, 2048x1536px
>>33785174
You think that could land me a federal job OR a job that pays well? I have a friend doing army and he's SIGINT, but had to do a lot of shit to get his security clearance.
>>33785177
Thank you man, I am. I'm not taking anything too serious at the moment, just gathering info on what could be a great job or that could help me end up in the FBI as an SA or detective.
>>33785196
I was actually thinking of going into the airforce as gunner/flight engineer. What's the difference between army and air force on that field?
>>
>>33785288
Yes and yes, like 120k jobs starting. Getting a clearance isn't hard. I wouldn't know enough about the Air Force side of being a flight engineer, I'd imagine if you're a Special Missions Aviation Airman then you'd have to go through training similar to the 160th but again, I don't really know.
>>
>>33785432
Well shit man thank you so much. I heard that Fort Huachuca (I think that's how it spelled) Is the landing spot for most intelligence MOS.

Just a final question, how's the life in the in barracks and the job?
>>
>>33785288
The 160th and units like Delta work and train together a bunch so you'd get to hang with actual operators sometimes.
>>
File: source.gif (913KB, 400x585px) Image search: [Google]
source.gif
913KB, 400x585px
>>33785517
FUCK NOW THAT SOUNDS COOL AS SHIT
>>
>>33785517
They still play in the Benning woods?
>>
File: 1454344793441.jpg (252KB, 1280x635px) Image search: [Google]
1454344793441.jpg
252KB, 1280x635px
>>33785485
I'm not in the Army, never been to Fort Huachuca. In the Marines, people end up at Pendleton, Lejeune, or K Bay. If you want to do SIGINT, don't go Army. Barracks sucks but you can have fun if you have enough alcohol and friends. Job is pretty cool, hard to talk about but it's cool.
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.