[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm looking for some help/suggestions/input from you /k/.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 5

File: 1483175945742.jpg (336KB, 720x960px) Image search: [Google]
1483175945742.jpg
336KB, 720x960px
I'm looking for some help/suggestions/input from you /k/.

Here's a quick green text

>be me
>be 5 years ago
>girlfriend is gearing up to leave me
>no big loss but taking my kids too
>drags her feet for 2 months about it
>all by myself now
>depressed obviously
>drink heavily
>call suicide hotline
>paranoid thinking cops will show up
>load up two rifles and a handgun
>preparing for shootout
>no cops
>in and out of blackouts
>mother and step father show up
>unload firearma and surrender them to mom and dad
>police show up, mom called them
>understandable.gif
>get 72 hour psych hold
>no criminal charges
>police trick naive mother into giving my firearms to them
>they were in the trunk of her car
>fast forward three months
>feeling way better, no longer drinking
>go to police department with my rifle and handgun cases
>am told i need to get a permit to purchase to get my firearms back

I could easily get one, but that's not the point. I already legally owned them and am not disallowed owning firearms.

What do I say to get them to hand my property back over?
>>
ask a lawyer not a mongolian mosiac forum
>>
>>33784000
You show them receipts that are legal proof you're the rightful owner.

You kept the receipts right?

They won't give them to you unless they know you're not prohibited, which can be proven either with a permit or with your receipts.
>>
File: six fags.png (42KB, 450x300px) Image search: [Google]
six fags.png
42KB, 450x300px
>>
Consult a lawyer. Ask him to get them back.
>>
>>33784000
>am told i need to get a permit to purchase to get my firearms back
Read up on your local laws and see whether or not they're blatantly lying to you. If they are...

>What do I say to get them to hand my property back over?
"I'll see you in court."
>>
>>33784000
Consult a lawyer not us.

Give us a general locality (state numbnuts, don't dox yourself) and we might be able to figure out how fucked you are, however that they are telling you that you need to purchase your firearms back leads me to believe, that your weapons are no longer in evidence and are instead in a cop's private collection.
>>
>>33784028

I don't have receipts, I don't keep receipts. All a receipt would prove is that I was at one time eligible.

>>33784035

I'd rather not pay a lawyer to get what's mine back ... but I guess that's our system.

I'm in Minnesota and a permit to purchase costs nothing, but I still feel like my 2A rights are being messed with. Why do I have to prove my innocence to get my stolen property back?

That being said, I'm not unwilling to apply. The wheels of Justice are slow and rusty.
>>
>>33784104

I'm consulting a collective of people who may have dealt with situations similar to mine... sort of like a support group?
>>
>>33784117
NRA-ILA says nothing about requiring a permit to purchase for long guns.. so these are pistols?

*looks a bit more* ah fuck.. it's an AR-15 isn't it... yeah you need a permit for that.

So assuming these are weapons owned prior to the AW laws in MN... yeah you may need to get a permit, but I'd consult a lawyer. You shouldn't however need to purchase the firearms back as they are legally your property. There also should be a paper trail.

If there isn't one, contact the NRA ask for a recommendation for a lawyer that specializes in recovering seized property/firearms. They might pick it up pro-bono for tax purposes+the PR boost they'd get.

However, make sure you're in the clear for owning firearms.

>>33784127
And the collective generally will tell you to consult a lawyer.
>>
>>33784242

One bersa thunder .380 pistol, a mosin nagant 7.62x54, and a lever action winchester trapper 30-06.

Really all I care about is the 30-06
>>
>>33784364
The only thing you need a permit for is the pistol then.
>>
>losing your shit this badly over a bitch and some brats
Maybe it's a good thing you don't have guns anymore.
>>
>>33784515
>>losing your shit this badly over a bitch and some brats
>Maybe it's a good thing you don't have guns anymore.

Man ass sphincter licking faggot that will never have a bitch or brats spotted.
>>
>>33784515

fuck you, I've had my kids EVERY weekend since we split.
if I had a gun I'd shoot you, go troll somewhere else.

>>33784479

I don't need to buy my shit back from them the permit to purchase was just their easy out to verify my eligibility.

They would have also accepted a letter from my counselor at the time, I can't believe I forgot that part... my bad. The reason I couldn't produce the letter was because I had lost my insurance.

I just sent the Chief of the department an email asking him to forward it to whoever he needs to so he can get permission to give me my property back. I also let him know I'm confident in my eligibility for possession and I'd rather not sue his department.
>>
File: bert_info.jpg (134KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
bert_info.jpg
134KB, 1920x1080px
>>33784838
>They would have also accepted a letter from my counselor at the time, I can't believe I forgot that part... my bad. The reason I couldn't produce the letter was because I had lost my insurance.

First off, that was kind of critical to your post. I have a lot less sympathy now, and you're kinda in the clear.

Also how the fuck does losing insurance mean you can't get your previous counselor to fire off a letter declaring you fine?

Anyway the confusion on "purchasing" your firearms back was my fault. Read it too fast and understood the wording in the wrong order.
>>
>>33784000

I always get my best advice from a bunch of morons on a website.

Or I go see a lawyer.

Your choice.
>>
File: lucy-peanuts-booth.jpg (151KB, 650x433px) Image search: [Google]
lucy-peanuts-booth.jpg
151KB, 650x433px
>>33784962

no insurance meant no more visits to things that cost money I didn't have to spend at a doctor fancier than this. I don't think they'd accept a letter from Lucy anyways.
>>
>>33784000
you're a fucking danger and you shouldn't have guns

fuck you
>>
>>33785139

I have a lawyer, I'd prefer not suing them, I'm going pro se first... if that doesn't work I phone the jew.

how again is advice bad?
>>
>>33785210

how am I a danger?

explain yourself faggot
>>
>>33784000
>but taking my kids too

Anon

I fucking love you bro and feel your pain. That is very bad and it is no surprise it made your brain take a shit.

Let your folks keep your gunz for a bit, it may even stop the bitch getting her hands on them if you 'sell' them to your dad for 20 bucks.

Mainly try real hard to keep in touch with your kids for as long as you can. Try and get the right to speak to them on the phone daily and time with them on paper fast.

Genuinely wish I could buy you a beer.
>>
>>33785190
you say the councelor would bill you for writing a letter?
>>
>>33785266

you should re-read what you read, and maybe read the thread

i have had my kids every weekend for the last 5 years
>>
>>33785316

no counselor is putting their neck and license on the line for a guy they aren't seeing anymore and aren't getting paid by still...

what fantasy world do you live in? sounds nice there lol
>>
>>33785316
>>33785190
If your counselor charges you for a letter she's not a good counselor.
>>
>>33785361
I had to go to a shrink once to get back in the Army, I didn't pay a cent for it, the shrink gave a clean bill.

Oh, right, I don't live in a "land of the free" that runs on crony capitalism...
>>
>>33785604

how is canada this time of year?
>>
>>33785687
not canadian either
>>
>>33784838
>if I had a gun I'd shoot you
>how can I get my firearms back guise i'm sane for reals
>>
>>33785718

I'm sorry subtle humor goes over your head, I'd draw it out for you in crayons to explain it... but I found this instead
>>
>>33784536
>look at this guy and laugh at him for not making bad decisions
Fuck me I guess.
>>
>>33784000
You were involuntarily submitted to a mental institution.

And your kids are bastards.
>>
>>33784838
>fuck you, I've had my kids EVERY weekend since we split.
Then what's the fucking problem
>>
>>33785361
You have shitty mental health professionals.
>>
>>33784000
>be me
>10 years ago
>brother is having is 18th bday party ay my moms house
>brothers friend finds my single shot 410
>brothers friend loads a 30-30 round into the 410
>brothers friend points it a girls head and pulls the trigger
>Girl shot in head, blood all over my pool table.
>cops come and arrest my brothers friend and takes my 410
>two years later I go to the cop show and get my gun
>blood stains still on my pool table
>>
>>33785982
*COP SHOP*
>>
>>33785982
Another good example of the type of shitheads that broken families produce. Remember, marriage is meant to be forever, folks.
>>
>>33786016
funny you should say that. I remember his "the shooter" parents got divorced when he was 10 years old
>>
>>33785982
but did she died?
>>
>>33786271
no, she was just pretending
>>
>>33785982
Soooo did you learn your fake lesson about not leaving out unsecured firearms from this fake story?
>>
>>33786287

sorry, but you didn't say whether she did or not.

for all i knew she got gifford'd through the hemispheres
Thread posts: 43
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.