[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

god fucking damn it why are there no surplus jericho 9mm's

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 7

File: jericho 941.jpg (24KB, 400x273px) Image search: [Google]
jericho 941.jpg
24KB, 400x273px
god fucking damn it why are there no surplus jericho 9mm's anywhere online anymore

Anyone know where to get one?
>>
>>33783911
>why are there no surplus jericho 9mm's anywhere online anymore

People bought them all because nobody wants that fugly rail that the new ones have.
>>
>>33783948

fuck, I want an old one so badly
>>
File: 20160418_171035.jpg (884KB, 1600x900px) Image search: [Google]
20160418_171035.jpg
884KB, 1600x900px
I have 3. i'll sell you one for $800. it's a steel frame IMI 941R
>>
File: 941.jpg (2MB, 2592x1944px) Image search: [Google]
941.jpg
2MB, 2592x1944px
Get lucky, Mach 1 and CDI bring a couple in once in a while.

>>33784384
>owns 3 Jerichos
>charges $800 for one
Oy vey!
>>
>>33783948
I bought one with the accessory rail just to have the option.

It's been a little over a year and I haven't even considered putting a light/laser on it. All it does is take away the aesthetic of the original
>>
>>33783948
Guilty. Pistol rails are dumb. They just cheesegrate holsters
>>
>>33784384

Bruh that's too much
>>
ITT: Wannabe Space Cowboys reject advancement because muh Spike Spiegel

You can make an argument for no rail on a deep concealment CCW that you'll never mount anything to to keep it as tiny and snag free as possible - but there's really no excuse to reject rails on a full size gun except appearance.

Besides, most rail-less Jerichos in the US are disgusting slide safety models.
>>
File: spaigu.png (116KB, 332x301px) Image search: [Google]
spaigu.png
116KB, 332x301px
You're gonna carry that weight...
>>
>>33783911
See you later, space cowboy.
>>
>>33786583

If you're not going to mount a light on it then there's NO FUCKING REASON to have rails. They're ugly as fuck and mess with the balance of the pistol. Plenty of people cc full sized pistols and plenty don't want their range guns to look like shit
>>
Is the trigger guard strong enough to stop a katana?
>>
>>33786657
And there's no reason not to, except when you reach the point where shaving it down to the smallest possible size matters.
Looking like shit is subjective too, for that matter - though I'll agree that Jerichos look worse with them.

Also again - slide mounted safety. Frame safety rail-less Jerichos are rare as fuck. That alone should be enough reason to prefer the new, railed ones.
>>
Baby eagle is the same thing, right?
>>
Check out CDI sales on gunbroker. Sometimes he has some
>>
>>33786785
Its been variously imported as the Uzi Eagle, Baby Eagle, and Jericho 941 at various points by Mossberg, KBI, and now IWI-US, among others
>>
>>33783911

i don't understand the fascination with this gun, you need little girly man hands to rack the slide because it's a little girly man slide
>>
>>33786919
Confirmed for knowing nothing about anything
The internal slide rails, and correspondingly lower bore axis, is one of many reasons why the CZ pattern is one of the most widely cloned and imitated in history.

Also learn how to rack a slide properly, dumbass.
>>
>>33783911
For anyone interested: I to was bit by jericho 941 bug. To save you the trouble here's what to do.
Jerichos in .40 pop up all the time and they are unissued for the most part. To fire 9mm all you need to do is buy witness eaa 9mm barrel(100% drop in) and an extractor. Voila, you can now shoot 9mm. Thats what I did because 9mm and .40 cal versions are dimensionally identical. After all, 941 stands for 9mm and .41cal which gave israelis a head start in calibre conversions before .40 cal was even released to the market by s&w. This is why in this case 9mm and .40 cal conversions work.
Also, cz 75 9mm mags are 100% functional in jericho .40, just the capacity is obviously lowered if you load it with .40 cal
>>
>>33786503
Because there is supposed to be something on the rail. That's what Pisses me off about most railed 1911s and fucking recover grips. If you can't afford a surefire MR09 then how the hell are you going to buy a decent light or laser
>>
>>33786657
Most rails add less than an oz of weight fag
>>
>>33786919
You just clamp the slide like any other gun.

>>33786955
There's nothing special about the CZs bore axis due to the rails and it sure as hell doesn't help Sig.You fan however get a really high grip on the CZ and most of them are steel
>>
>>33787527
not that anon but try to follow. Would you allow for a possibility, no matter how remote, that there are people like that anon and me WHO DO NOT WANT RAILS ON A GUN? I hate them from a purely aesthetic point of view. I also don't need them either. Its a sad reality that everyone feels the need to put fucking rails on their cocksucking gun due to cod kiddies like you who like to mount their $20 candles
>>
File: SpaceCowboy.jpg (90KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
SpaceCowboy.jpg
90KB, 640x480px
>>33787577
I wouldn't be salty about rails if i could just slide some cover plate over it and forget it. But they universally make the pistol looks terrible.

I understand why they add them. Easier to manufacture one frame that half the austists might bolt something to. But for everyone else its just a jagged sharp edge that serves no purpose. Theres literally no accessory that makes use of it. Flashlights and lasers are just stupid mall ninja stuff.
>>
>>33788030
i wonder if anyone ever milled the rails off of a pistol?
>>
>>33783948
speak for yourself, homo
>>
>>33786955
>>33787562

>be stupid israeli
>design a pistol where the only serrations on the slide are pretty much underneath the retarded slide safety

better off getting the israeli hi-power knockoff, at least it is not ergonomically retarded and has more aesthetic
>>
>>33786785
essentially, just a different brand mark and frame safeties become slide safeties/decockers depending on the year
>>
>>33786955
>is one of many reasons why the CZ pattern is one of the most widely cloned and imitated in history.
probably because of czech's loose copyright laws more than any marvel of czechnology desu
>>
File: IMG_05942.jpg (616KB, 1500x1000px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_05942.jpg
616KB, 1500x1000px
>>33783948
I kind of thought something like that would happen. I personally really like the new Jerichos, but as soon as iwi started selling them I had a feeling that before too long the old ones would be harder to find. So I made sure to get my hands on one, pic related.

I just want to be a space cowboy...
>>
File: EAA Tanfoglio FAB 92.jpg (151KB, 984x730px) Image search: [Google]
EAA Tanfoglio FAB 92.jpg
151KB, 984x730px
>>33788212
>design a pistol where the only serrations on the slide are pretty much underneath the retarded slide safety

They were trying to ape the A E S T H E T I C S of the Beretta 92. However, the lower profile slide that results from the inverted rails means that the extractor takes up all the space where the serrations should be. Later variants have serrations at the front of the slide, or move the safety/decocker to the frame.

There's a reason these guns have ambi safeties. They're what you grab to rack the slide, not the serrations.

My Tanfoglio FAB 92 is the same way. Personally, I love it. Those big ol' levers give a hell of a grip.
>>
>>33784384
I didn't know the CEO for CheaperThanDirt was on /k/
Thread posts: 33
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.