[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Buy a new gun every few months. >Immediately start wanting

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 3

File: 1476259547005.jpg (30KB, 207x230px) Image search: [Google]
1476259547005.jpg
30KB, 207x230px
>Buy a new gun every few months.
>Immediately start wanting another one so you have more to shoot even though you already love the one you bought.
>Realize you may have a gun addiction.

This happens every time I buy a gun.
>>
>>33783159
>TFW have bought a gun every month since I started

Send help.
>>
>>33783169
Slacker. There are plenty of single shot 20 gauge shotguns that need your love at a fraction of the price! you can line them up into a coffee table or kitchen counter.
>>
>>33783169
You feel it too, don't you?
>notice I'm buying too many guns
>decide to keep a strict list
>something on the list just happens to show up conveniently at a good price
>buy it because I'd kick myself for missing out on such a good opportunity
>another gun on the list shows up right after
>rinse repeat
>>
I bought three in the past month (a Ruger LCR and two milsurps).

Get on my level.
>>
>>33783159
i just want a mark 23 and a ptr and i can die happy.
>>
>>33783159
Sounds like garden variety consumerism to me.
>>
did that for a few years ended up with 26 guns. went to the range realized i was still a mediocre shot. also realized bringing more than 5 guns was a pain. decided im not buying more guns until i master one. manage to do that over the next year. during this time i stop caring about the latest and newest thing. now all my money goes into ammo. and ive downsized my collection.
>>
>>33783159

I was like this. Once I bought my first gun online and realized how easy it was, there was a spell where I kept doing it, especially drunk on weekend nights.

Bought first online gun in September
Then in person in December
Then online in January
Then March
Then June
Then August

Then a year went by before my next one, then a couple years after that, and that one was my last

I think it's an excitement phase, then as you acquire more, you start searching for better reasons for the next one than "I want", such as ammo commonality, or not wanting more calibers to keep ammo in stock, or two very similar guns that fill the same role.

As much as I want a snubnose or compact semi, I don't have a CCL and don't plan to, so those wouldn't make as much sense as something else. I'd love a Garand but it'd be my only gun in .30-06, which is expensive, and I'm not willing to reload, If anything about my AR doesn't suit me, I can modify whatever instead of buying a whole new gun, Stuff like that. OR maybe that's just me
>>
>>33784225
I can feel you here on a few things. I do reload. Only to know how. Saving money would only be if I want to make it a game. Gathering free lead from surrounding companies, Brass in bulk, etc. for the challenge of it all. Maybe next year, I will become that guy.
>>
>>33783576
That doesn't even cover ammo for me. When the average transaction price of your gun is north of 2k, and you buy one a month, you can come and talk to me.
>>
File: 1470526568231.jpg (35KB, 397x465px) Image search: [Google]
1470526568231.jpg
35KB, 397x465px
>>33783159

I always see these threads with people bragging on how they are amassing a massive arsenal every month and tons of guns but it always turns out to be shit like this >>33783576 or a bunch of $200 guns
>>
>>33785147
$200? Well, we got us a rich man here. Used guns under $100 is where it is at.
>>
>>33785147
>have to fork over 800+ a month on a gun
>have 4000 guns
>lol they're not 800 each
>not an arsenal fag try harder
>>
>>33785221
Poster here.

If I want an arsenal it is not that hard. Plenty of used gun shops around. As I said, under $200 easy. People dont need the latest and greatest in numbers. They just need to be armed with some basic boom stick they know how to use and more ammo in their pocket. Not everyone needs a SKS, AK or AR.
>>
>>33785271
>buy 500 pairs of goodwill shoes
>brag about your awesome shoe collection and show pictures
>get butthurt when no one cares
>end of the day you still have a bunch of piss shoes when you could of gotten some nice ones
>>
>>33783159
>This happens every time I buy a gun.

The only solution is to buy a bunch of ammo and shoot what you have. Shooting is more fun than buying a new gun imho
>>
You know what. I think i will buy a used rifle next week. Maybe a used single shot shotgun as well.
>>
I think about a gun I really want once in a while then set my sites on that. Gun addiction my left nut.
>>
>just bought nice new gun
>have only had one shooting session with it
>no money for any new guns
>still keep going into new shops and look around despite having no money
>end up putting Ruger GP100 on layway because really want revolver but have little money

Just fuck my shit up.
>>
>tfw have shit eyes and my first gun was a nugget
I need something that takes modern scopes.
>>
>>33783159
You are a consumerist materialistic whore, get help.
>>
>>33783159
>tfw you havent even picked up your new gun from your LGS and you already want another one
>>
File: 1447038350562.png (981KB, 1024x1017px) Image search: [Google]
1447038350562.png
981KB, 1024x1017px
>Bought a gun months ago.
>Still haven't shot it yet.
>>
>>33785366
>People dont need the latest and greatest in numbers.
you mean people can't afford the latest and greatest in numbers.
>>
>>33787930
iktf brah. I have like 5000 dollars worth of guns I haven't shot, but did GUCCI OUT.

It's so dumb, but I can't stop.
>>
>>33787891
I want a gp100 too anon
>>
>>33783650
This is about to be me
>Collection bloated and random
>Buy a new gun every month
>Don't even buy much ammo

I have 4 guns right now that I've never shot. And another one on the way.
>>
>>33783159
>when you have to make an allowance for yourself to stop yourself from spending all of your hard earned monies.
>>
>>33784225
They have M1 Garands in .308 right?>>33787898
My eyes are a special kind of fucked up, anything besides open sights just don't work for me. It's annoying as fuck because I hear peep sights are pretty good. And optics just aren't an option for me
>>
>>33783159
You should have a pistol, a rifle and a shotgun. You don't need more, better top master 3 guns rather than having 6 gorillions of guns and mastering none. But it's your money, if you have spare income and you don't need to save, do whatever you want with it, although I recommend to save money for the future if you want to have kids.
>>
>>33783159
I'm going to a show next weekend, will have enough to buy new rifle... They sell .50's there....
Thread posts: 32
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.