[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Looking at building my first roller lock gun. I've decided

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: 2017-04-26-22-05-53--44146817.jpg (5KB, 275x183px) Image search: [Google]
2017-04-26-22-05-53--44146817.jpg
5KB, 275x183px
Looking at building my first roller lock gun.

I've decided to do a. 308.
Which should I do. A Cetme or a HK91?

Cetme kits are fucking cheap, but barrels are hard AF to find and I can't find any information on whether I can use a g3 barrel

Hk91 is more expensive, but I can get all the parts.
>>
>>33775262
can you weld?
>>
>>33775262
if you save money on the Cetme, see how much it would cost you for a smith to take barrel stock and make you a barrel. biggest problem will be the connection. Also, what is this, a picture for ants?
>>
>>33775276
Yes.

>>33775287
I thought about it, but, I feel the cost of doing that would put in close to the HK build instead of the Cetme build. Also, blame Google.
>>
>>33775330

Really anon, worst case scenario you are looking at is like 180-200 bucks for a smith to too you up what you need, less if you buy the raw materials.
>>
>>33775262
Get a PTR91 my man
>>
>>33775287
For real /k/ommandoes to use that picture it would have to be at least...three times bigger!
>>
>>33775262
Don't quote me because I havn't bothered googling as I assume you havn't either. I was lucky enough that my cetme kit was old and came with a barrel.

I also recommend you grind down the stupid fucking lump on the pistol grip that annoyingly sits right on the inside of your middle finger.

I really don't see how the barrel will be an issue though as long as it fits into the trunnion. You are probably going to end up building it on a 91 receiver anyways I assume. Your trunnion was probably cut up with your kit as well anyways, so get a 91 trunnion and barrel and there you go.
>>
>>33775262
lmao i know the owner of that gat, it's airshit
>>
>>33775262
>but barrels are hard AF to find
They can take in surplus G3A3 barrels. Here's a list of compatibility between the CETME and the HK91
>http://blog.cheaperthandirt.com/faqs/hk-91cetme-faqs/
Remember that the CETME was codeveloped between the West German and Spanish government. The original G3s were imported CETME model Bs for test trial before HK got the licensing rights in exchange for Rheinmetall to produce MG3s. Any G3 you see are either G3A3s or G3A4s which has a set of different specs but some parts interchangeability with the CETME
>>
>>33775262
You can use a PTR made barrel. That's what Century does for their C308s.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.