[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Did I do good /k/ or am I a sperg that needs to be pistol whipped?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 5

File: 20170301_160351[1].jpg (4MB, 2880x2160px) Image search: [Google]
20170301_160351[1].jpg
4MB, 2880x2160px
Did I do good /k/ or am I a sperg that needs to be pistol whipped?

>be at national forrest shooting range outside blacksburg VA
>be hokie student alone with my mosin
>a few other guys on the range, not much to report
>fudus maximus shows up with a 10 and 12 year old (just guessing their ages)
>they have no ear pro and hold their hqands over their ears while people are shooting
>they are two benches down from me and I hear them say "that guys got a nice musket"
>I'm shooting my 91/30
>ignore the fudd and fudd spawn during live fire
>cease fire called
>I walk out to my target at 100yd
>turn around and FUDD V. 12 year old has a fucking handgun up and pointed downrange
>I scream "PUT THE GUN DOWN! I DON'T WANT TO GET SHOT!"
>fudd senior sheepishly takes gun away and puts it on the bench
>I walk back to the line, tell the fudd and fudd spawn to put their fucking guns down when it's a ceasefire
>they counter with "it wasn't loaded"
>I lay into fudd sr. tell him he's a bad parent for letting his kids shoot without ear protection and for holding a gun up and pointed downrange while its a ceasefire
>fudd and fudd spawn mumble some shit, they clearly don't care or see it as a big issue since "nobody got hurt man"
>I tell them I don't feel safe at the range with them around
>pack up my mosin and gtfo
>call them dumbshits and flip them off while I walk by them to my car

I fucking hate public ranges and I wish I never moved from Nevada to Virginia.
Anyways, anybody else got any stories of retards being dangerous at the range?

>pic related, the range with no tards around
>>
File: 20161003_091503.jpg (1MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
20161003_091503.jpg
1MB, 1920x1080px
>>33773527
I wouldn't say you were being a sperg.

I've gone to the Hite Hollow range many times and have seen only a few ignorant individuals who hadn't bothered to read the "Safety Instructions" at the range.
Instead of raging at them, it is usually more constructive to politely remind them of the safety rules. It helps reinforce them rather than put them off from shooting. Almost 95% of the time it is because they simply don't know the rules.
>>
>>33773592
But anon, how do you not rage when somebody, even a child, points a gun in your general direction? I don't doubt that fudd Jr. wasn't pointing AT me but still, I don't want to take any chances. Bullets hurt. A lot.
>>
>>33773632
Because if someone wanted to shoot you dead, they'd do it while you are at the bench focusing at your target. Point blank range has a much higher hit probability than at the end of the 100 yard range.
If someone sweeps me, I'll likely give them a funny look, but I typically don't care what they're doing as long as they keep their shit to themselves.
>>
>>33773657
You have patience of a saint and are clearly a better man than I am.
I view muzzle sweeping as something you do once, then your dad berates and maybe hits you a few times so you don't do it again. I muzzle swept my dad once when a hot 9mm casing fell into my safety glasses while I was shooting and I did a 360 and pointed a gun at his chest for a split second. I got a few whacks but I was 8 years old and I have never done it since. I learned my lesson and I'd rather let my eye get burnt a bit than point a gun at somebody I don't mean to kill.
>>
You weren't completely out of line, but since it was just a clueless kid you could've stood to have been a bit more gentle.
>>
>>33773717
kek
I'll secretly sweep other people at the range when the RO isn't looking to see if they notice
>>
>>33773527
Wow, Do public ranges in the states not have RSOs watching for this shit?
>>
File: 1332108421751.png (445KB, 586x457px) Image search: [Google]
1332108421751.png
445KB, 586x457px
>>33773869
but why? Do you have a death wish? do you wish others to realize how fragile their hold on life is?

Are you the hero we deserve?
>>
>>33773527

Where was the range master? Everywhere I've been, if some fucktard picks up a gun and points it downrange during a cease fire, they'd be banned for life.
>>
File: spenceville.jpg (38KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
spenceville.jpg
38KB, 600x450px
>>33773910
Depends on the range. Most 100% free as in show up, park, unload and walk 100ft to your bench ranges have no Range officers. When I lived in California there was a range in Lincoln California that had no range officers or rules. You could bring "legal" full autos there and nobody cares

>pic related spenceville range CA, where nobody gives a fuck
>>
>>33773952
Hahahahaha there is no range master. There is a sign on each 4x4 post holding up the roof that basically says "be good, call cease-fire every 30 minutes please"
>>
>>33774000
>When I lived in California there was a range in Lincoln California that had no range officers or rules. You could bring "legal" full autos there and nobody cares

That was a long, long fucking time ago. Are you like 80 or something?
>>
>>33774095
Naw it was the summers of 2009 and 2010 I brought some really interesting guns there and nobody seemed to mind. The cops only asked to shoot my 10.22 with a BMF activator. They didn;t touch my full re-tard AK-47(wasr-10) or AR-15.

The range at boca reservoir is the new IDGAF of california Ranges. verybody brings and uses 10+round mags and a few people bring full retard gunds. Just have to ask the ranger station in Truckee CA for a key to the range and you can do whatever you want my CA bro.
>>
File: PIC_0001.jpg (1MB, 1200x1600px) Image search: [Google]
PIC_0001.jpg
1MB, 1200x1600px
>>33774205
>California is Gunifornia at Bocca
>>
>>33773527
>be at range with my sons
>some faggot with 91/30 thinking he is hot shit shooting 25 feet away
>hits the edge of the target
>faggot runs down range when people are still firing
>son already shooting when faggot turns and runs directly in front of my targets
>faggot screams about how hot shit he is with shitty 91/30
>everyone chases the faggot off range when cease fired is called.
>faggot gets in car with shit 91/30 and cries as he drives away.
>>
>>33773527

desu I would have reacted about the same. Maybe not so dramatically but the escalation of

>showing up with kids but no ear pro for them
>letting his son dick around with a firearm on a cold range
>not catching him on this and not even admonishing him when someone else gets a gun pointed at them

would have been too much. That shit is how you end up with a kid that shoots one of his friends in the lung fucking around with a gun he found under the mattress and your friends family loses their son and you have to spend years trying to bring your own son out of accidentally killing his best friend even though the courts let him off on charges he still won't come out of his room and completely withdraws from life
>>
>>33773527

This is where you come off as a faggot. Should have just packed up and left. Other than that though, it wasn't so bad.
>>
>>33773527

Yeah that was smart fucking moron, piss someone off when they have easy access to a gun.

Did you have to change your tampon when you were down range yelling?

FFS people like you are why I hate public ranges. If you want absolute safety then go to a pay range fucking moron.
>>
>>33774484
I don't care what you do during live-fire. Bump fire, shoot with the stock on your nutsack, use your tongue to work the trigger etc. But when it is a cease fire and people are down range put your gun down and don't touch it.
>>
>>33774573
So I can flag you with my gun all I want when it is live-fire?
>>
>>33773527

Yo, I'm a hokie with a mosin too. Class of 2018.

I've had some problems on that range as well, just because its a public area with no supervision but your own. Take it with a grain of salt

We should link up and shoot man, I just got some more 7.62x54r
>>
>>33775329
Sounds good my man. My e-mails in this post.
Hit me up and lets go poke holes in things from far away and blow shit up!
>>
>>33773527
I recognize that range!

I was there once and some dude in a plate carrier was there with his mom, and they start collecting brass in front of the firing line while the range was hot.

I miss it out there. Great area.
>>
>>33775367

in the post?
>>
>>33773527
You had every right to be upset but I'd say you did go over-the-top on this one.

I've been swept at the range before too, fairly certain everyone has on this board has, but turning in to a hysterical drama queen about it after-the-fact doesn't really achieve much.
>>
>>33775415
sounds like retard central
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.