[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I just bought a compound bow, so I'm reading websites and

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 4

File: 203006_ts.jpg (65KB, 1155x1155px) Image search: [Google]
203006_ts.jpg
65KB, 1155x1155px
I just bought a compound bow, so I'm reading websites and forums about archery to work out what I should do with it.

My conclusion — archery, including bowhunting, is mysteriously wanked. Why are archers such faggots, /k/?

Pic, google image of my new bow.
>>
>>33767290
People try to claim its more sporting than using a rifle, as they draw back the string, cocking the cams to relieve the weight and pulling the trigger on their release launching an arrow in excess of 300 FPS...... If you have a kisser button and peep sight its literally as easy as firing a gun... yeah you can shoot instinctive but you could do the same with a gun albeit retarded...
>>
>>33767290
bows are the fedoras of projectile based weapons
>>
>>33767323
pretty much this statement sums up what I said.
>>
>>33767290
Half of them got into it because of the Hunger Games and the other half got into it because they can't own guns for one reason or another.
>>
OP here.

The advantage I see to bows is that in countries like New Zealand (me) with restrictive gun laws you can buy a pretty deadly weapon with no questions asked. Plus, you don't need subsonic ammo and a silencer because they're already pretty quiet.

Apart from that they can get fucked. When I see ads captioned "Do you know what it takes to be a woman archer", or videos of bow-hunters stalking through the bush in full camo holding a compound bow like it's the sword of excalibur, or the anal-wank debates on archery forums, I go crazy.

I think it's this http://www.realjock.com/gay-personals/archery

Here's one archery video I did like.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f1yjcKzIT9c
>>
>>33767369
why a compound bow then? if you are picking it as a weapon, it's one of the slowest type of bows you could choose. if you don't care about speed, you might as well get a cross bow.
>>
>>33767290
Maybe most archers are fine and mostly only those who post on archery forums are wankers? Sort of like gun folks, hmmmmm
>>
File: images.jpg (5KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
5KB, 225x225px
>>33767420
OP here. Maybe you're a wanker?
>>
>>33767402
You've never shot a crossbow, they're slow as fuck to reload
>>
File: IMG_20170426_201210.jpg (218KB, 1111x713px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170426_201210.jpg
218KB, 1111x713px
OP here

Very disappointing result trying to shoot a tree and have it stick there like robin hood – it bounces straight back.
>>
>>33767668

You shot a field point at a tree.
WTF did you expect?
Ya gotta shoot a Robin Hood arrow with a kill tip.
Look up 'Blood Trailers'
>>
>>33767668
is that aluminum? what ancient thing did you buy?

>>33767402
crossbows are occasionally legislated as firearms for hunting purposes. sometimes entirely illegal or only legal for cripples who want to hunt certain seasons.
they're bows without any of the charm at best.
>>33767640
also this.

>>33767782
>kill tip.
>>
>>33767640
I literally say:
> if you don't care about speed, you might as well get a cross bow.
get told:
>You've never shot a crossbow, they're slow as fuck to reload

you're a fucking tard. I'm fully aware that they are slow.
>>
I've started archery recently because I want to stalk deer with a recurve. I know it doesn't make me any more of a hunter than my father with his Tikka and Swarovski (who will be the one teaching me how to stalk any way). It's just what I want to do. There are always going to be elitists and purists in any kind of hobby. Gridiron vs football, rugby union vs league, HEMA vs fencing, CS:GO vs 1.6 vs CS:S, whatever it is, there's a bunch of people out there who get feeling of superiority about their particular flavour of thing and they congregate in circlejerks known as tapatalk forums.
>>
>>33767788
>crossbows are occasionally legislated as firearms for hunting purposes
he's in New Zealand, and regardless, his primary use case was not hunting.
>>
>>33767823
and?
you going somewhere with this bud?
>>
File: IMG_20170426_213045.jpg (204KB, 1111x625px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170426_213045.jpg
204KB, 1111x625px
>>33767402
OP here. I bought a child's sized 12lb/24" draw bow out of curiosity about this “compound bow” thing (did you know we invented nuclear weapons before we invented compound bows?). I liked it so much I decided to buy a fullsize bow with a proper arrow-rest. The "let-off" on compound bows is awesome, you can have a 40lb bow (hunting legal) with 15lb weight at full draw (like a child's bow), which gives you sort of the advantages of a firearm — you're not holding some kind of giant weight while you're aiming, so you can take your time. If you had to hold the full 40lb at full draw (like a recurve bow) you'd want to fire it pretty quickly. Admittedly that would be manlier.

>>33767788
>is that aluminum? what ancient thing did you buy?
I got a pack of 10 aluminium arrows really cheap for experimenting with, hahah. Experimenting? On what? Is this science?

You like the piece of cord I've added to increase the draw length eh
>>
>>33767906
40lbs IS a childs' bow, regardless of compound or recurve. you don't hold a recurve back anyways, it's a different technique. compound bows are to give a slight edge in hunting only. you can do the draw before you have the shot, to avoid your broadside shot turning into an unethical ass shot. you stated your primary reason was defensive, which makes that not a factor. a recurve is a better bow for your stated use case
>>
>>33767822
>CS:GO vs 1.6 vs CS:S
All CSfags are as cancerous as CoD babies.
>>
>>33767334
You forgot about the weird ass bastards that would "run down a deer with a knife" but they are too fat and their knees would explode. That somehow thing it is more noble to hunt like a retard.
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.