[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So /k/ I need advice from some glock bros. I like my g43 and

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 6

File: glock43-left.png (149KB, 720x489px) Image search: [Google]
glock43-left.png
149KB, 720x489px
So /k/ I need advice from some glock bros.

I like my g43 and carry it everyday.

My question is do I spend around 500+ to add the following additions? Or is it just all overated?

> agency arms trigger
>streamlight tlr-6
>trijicon HD night sights with orange front
>Vickers ext slide release
>2 hyve extended mags a +1 and a +2
>customs backplate
>appendix kydex holster with sidecar
>>
other than the vanity plate, all pretty good options. it'll be hard to find a sidecar thatll work with the light, though. sperate mag carrier would be more comfortable anyway. check out fury carry solutions for some good kydex. same quality a raven with a better price. and they do full blown custom.
as far as a trigger in an edc gun, idk. just get a cheap connecter. like 20 bucks, max and it'll get you under a 5lb pull.
>>
>>33766264
Honestly bro don't change any of the working parts on the pistol . Replacing parts is the leading cause of Glock Accidentall discharge(especially the trigger) the mag extension he'll yeah! Appendix + vanity plate if that's your fancy
>>
Jesus Christ why in the fuck are you adding all that unnecessary bullshit to a carry gun? I understand liking what you've got and wanting to make it better to shoot, but save that for the range toys. A G43 is far from a fucking joy to shoot and it won't get much better than it is.

If you spent that $500 on ammo instead of useless upgrades you would likely be a much better shot.

Besides if you ever have to use your carry gun in self defense it will be seized as evidence, possibly indefinitely. That's a lot of money down the toilet.

Trigger is not needed. Sights are not needed. Gun mounted flash light is over priced and the same thing can be accomplished with a regular tactical flash light that doesn't require you muzzle whatever you're pointing it at. Using the slide release is wrong, you should slingshot the slide. Custom backplate...c'mon now...

The only two things on that list that might help are a better holster and the magazine extensions. Just do your research and make sure the magazine extensions you're buying still allow for reliable feeding. Then test at least 100 rounds of your carry ammo with the magazine extensions.
>>
>>33766264
I wouldn't spend it personally. Nice parts are great, but you can't buy ability and I'd rather spend that money on range ammo. If your commute takes you through Mozambique maybe, but I think all that is overkill for an edc weapon.
>>
>>33766264
Fuck no. The gun works - don't fuck with it. Get another gun to play barbie with. Not your carry piece.
>>
>>33766264
I'm going down the same road as you except with a g42 instead.

Fuck what others say, its your gun. If you want to make it more personalized then go for it.

I got the following so far, I also rated them because im bored:

>truglow tfx sights - 8.5/10, only grip is that it snags sometimes when drawing. Otherwise good sight picture with the majority of lighting situations.
> ghost edge connector - 10/10, definitely improves the trigger
>hyve +2 mag extension - 7.8/10, didnt like that I had to alter my magazine to fit. No malfunctions with it, which is good. Had a plastic mag extention but it broke on an accidentle drop, which is why I went with this all metal version.
>pachmayr rubber grip - 9/10, Pretty great. Increases purchase and improves comfort a whole ton, would be perfect if you didnt have to readjust it almost after every string of fire
>talon rubberized griptape - 7/10, only got it to see if it would reduce how much the rubber grip moved.
>custom backplate - 9/10, not much to say here.
>cerakoted slide - 8/10, wearing off now. I live in the desert and I constantly sweat (I also sweat above average because of reasons and I'm an extremely active guy) so decided to get it.
>TiN coated barrel - 9/10, wrote a paper about TiN coatings for my special topics class when I was a senior in ME, had the work offered to me for $60 bucks so why not?

I still want the following:

>tlr-6
>overwatch precision trigger
>a light compatible holster

If you got the cash to blow, then do it. Ignore the people who say to spend the money on ammo instead.
>implying i'm not going to spend on ammo anyways
>implying having a better shooting pistol isnt a plus while also getting good
These are my two cents. I customized my glock because I want a good shooting pistol that has my own personalized accents to it. A stock glock is good but boring. A glock that you customized to your liking is great and fun. It's not like you're ruining a one of a kind pistol...
>>
>>33766645
i cant tell if you are a fudd or a poorfag, but either way you are incredibly dense.
>>
>>33766748
This.

Unless you want to go full retard and buy a separate gun, (insert custom glock; zev, salient, etc...) and spend even more money, leave it alone.

Extended mag and slide releases, +2 base plates, and maybe sights. That's it.
Putting anything else on a gun for ants is overkill.

Plus, the resale value on a gun you put trinkets on isn't going to be near the resale on a big name custom job.
>>
>>33766842

>cerakoted slide

Dude that's entirely redundant as the slide is already melonite treated.
>>
>>33766264
>Nyet, glock is fine!

But seriously, don't get upgrades you don't feel like you need. It's all personal preference, so think about what you actually feel like you need when you shoot the gun.

Do you have trouble with the sights? Upgrade the sights. Is the trigger uncomfortable for you? Upgrade the trigger. Do you find yourself wanting to use the slide release but having difficulty? Go ahead and extend it.

Customization does not make a gun inherently better, they're just options to make the gun better suited to you personally.
>>
File: 1487961218761.jpg (99KB, 2048x1536px) Image search: [Google]
1487961218761.jpg
99KB, 2048x1536px
>>33766264
>night sights
Night sights do work, but you'll probably never need them. It would be worth getting some night sights purely for the fact that they are made of steel, but really not an urgent upgrade.

>streamlight
Again, this couldn't hurt, but it's one of those things you really don't need as much as you might think you do, and in the meantime, the holster needed to carry a gun with a light on it is much bulkier inside your pants. Do yourself a favor and watch as many defensive shootings caught on camera as you can find. A theme I have noticed is quickly drawing, firing off a few shots, and then he BG goes down or runs away. You're not going to have the time or the leeway to switch on your flashlight in continuous "on," nor the gay rave setting.

>custom trigger
Get good at shooting the stock trigger instead. Custom triggers are often less reliable anyway. Just don't fuck with your carry gun. Glock already made something that's reliable.

>custom slide release
No.

>custom back plate
Might be a fun way to personalize your gun. Then again, imagine a prosecuting attorney holding up this gun in court after a questionable use of self-defense, a la George Zimmerman. What kind of "fun" design do you want to be emblazoned on the tool you might use to one day kill a "young elementary school boy drug dealer who dindu nuffin wrong."

>extended magazines
Not for carry. Just learn to deal with the factory mags. They are the most reliable option. If you want a gun that holds more ammo, carry a Glock 26 instead.

>appendix holster
If you can conceal a gun in the front of your waistline, then go for it. Not everybody can pull it off.
>with sidecar
That's a lot of bulk in your waistband. If you can conceal it, do you really want to deal with all that extra bullshit stabbing you in the stomach when you sit down?
>>
>>33766645
>Gun mounted flash light is over priced and the same thing can be accomplished with a regular tactical flash light that doesn't require you muzzle whatever you're pointing it at.

That's not what gun lights are for, you dangerous fucking menace to society. Neck yourself immediately.
>>
>>33766264
>Glock 43

Have they really made the same gun 26 times?
>>
>>33766264
Nein, pistol is fine
>>
>>33766264
Answers to your two questions are "no" and "yes."
>>
>>33766264
>buy a glock
>dump parts into glock equalling the cost of the stock gun
>end up in a self-defense situation
>your improper installation of a trigger results in a critical failure and untimely death
or
>PD throws your $1k glock into evidence indefinitely

don't add shit to your CC
>>
>>33767255
>>33767252
>>33767241
>>33767214
>>33766955
>>33766842
>>33766702
>>33766420

Thanks for all the advice guys. Definitely see how putting my money into it can be lost if the police take my gun as evidence.

I will take all this advice in and decide if I need the light, trigger, or sights still. I will still get the cheap stuff for now.
>>
Only thing i do to my carry guns is upgrade to steel sights, black rear, fiber optic front. then practice practice practice
>>
File: 1467693627940.jpg (44KB, 619x587px) Image search: [Google]
1467693627940.jpg
44KB, 619x587px
>all that dumb shit
>side car holster

God fucking no. Get a Glock 19 and spend the rest of the money finding a good holster combo that ISN'T a fucking sidecar.

And stop browsing instagram, it's bad for your brain.
>wants to unload his bank on """enhancing""" an inherently difficult to shoot bitch gun
>>
>>33766264
Fellow g43fag here.
Of those options listed the only one that really speaks to me is the night sights. This is surely utility to trit sights.

I wouldn't fuck with my trigger. It's fine for ccw, if I was shooting matches or something I might want to take glocks creepy trigger, but for a compact edc I see no reason to change it.

A light could be useful but now we are throwing many holster options out. When I think of operating operationally with a gun light, I think that makes more sense on a more capable gun.

I like my carry gun to be simple. A simple passive safety gun in a kydex that keeps it secure. No other bullshit. If I wanted a super tactical carry gun (which I do and am working on) I would go with something with a full capacity and closer to full sized.
>>
>>33766264
>Agency Arms
Kill yourself
>TLR6
It's ok
>3 dot sights
Lmao
>Hyve
No
>Appendix holster
Yeah
>>
File: 1489110934703m.jpg (117KB, 1024x807px) Image search: [Google]
1489110934703m.jpg
117KB, 1024x807px
>>33766264
OP get your slide milled for a red dot and get Texas Black Rifles micro comp on a SilencerCo threaded barrel. Like pic related. Ultimate G43
>>
>>33767214

There is nothing wrong with extendos if you get one from a reliable company. I got hyve for my g26, put around 10k rounds using those, have had zero problems. I believe Garand Thumb put twice that through his, had zero problems too.

If you appendix carry the right way, even with side car and all that extra shit, it will barely poke you in the stomach, unless you're a fat ass.
>>
>>33766853
It's your money so your prerogative but saying those mods are reasonable is extremely fucking stupid.

I bet your 500$ Honda can perform almost like a similar competitor because you've dumped thousands on stupid shit instead of buying a better car in the first place.

OP should sell the Glock and get a gun that comes with these preferred features and work from that instead of trying to polish a turd
>>
>>33766264

sights yes, light yes, holster sure, the rest is just memes you're welcome to waste money on if you want.
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.