[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So apparently the university police force at Berkeley has riot

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 4

File: AP17033205898211-ap.jpg (69KB, 700x386px) Image search: [Google]
AP17033205898211-ap.jpg
69KB, 700x386px
So apparently the university police force at Berkeley has riot helmets and tactical vests.

Why is a campus police force so heavily geared up?

Is this typical of campus police forces?
If so, why the hell are colleges devoting that much funding to them, especially considering how liberal most campuses are, which generally includes a dislike of militarized police forces?
>>
>>33765767
considering berkeley's track record i'm sure they'll need them

and also they could be DRMO hand-me-downs or something. your assumptions about how much that stuff costs are not necessarily accurate.
>>
>>33765767
not like they need them, since they've been ordered to stand down anytime ANTIFA is involved.
>>
>>33765998
I came here to post this. They might as well have bought airship knockoffs made from unreinforced ABS. They exist to look scary and scare the the unarmed sheepies into behaving, not actually police shit.
>>
Campus police are fully commissioned police officers. Their riot equipment is going to be the exact same that other departments have.

Especially since riot gear is cheap as shit. PDs can get the full set up, shin guards up to helmet, for like $300 a head.
>>
>>33765998
>>33766016

This. Trump ought to send in the national guard and show Berkeley who is boss.
>>
File: bennett.jpg (247KB, 1240x700px) Image search: [Google]
bennett.jpg
247KB, 1240x700px
>>33766068
All they need to do is replace the cuck mayor and "whoops my duty gun got stolen from my cruiser" police chief with people who are actually competent.
>>
File: antifucks.jpg (77KB, 1024x720px) Image search: [Google]
antifucks.jpg
77KB, 1024x720px
>>33766064
While they are fully commish-ed cops, that doesn't always mean they have riot gear.
When Richard Spencer showed up to TAMU, Texas State troopers had to do the crowd control.
>>
>>33766152
If that gun turns up in the hand of ANTIFA I wonder what will happen to her
>>
>>33766225
I know what fantasy I'm masturbating to tonight
>>
>>33766225
Not a fucking thing. The story will be buried so deep, it'll be coal the next time it sees light.
Btw this "woman?" looks just like my sister. I hate my sister.
>>
>>33765767
>>33766064
>>33766210
Usually campus police for public state funded universities are fully state police. Normally they'll have access to anything a state police agency does, even if they don't own it themselves.
>>
>>33765990
>considering berkeley's track record i'm sure they'll need them
This. Pretty sure they have been having protests at that school for a long ass time. The school I go to had a bit for Vietnam and shit. Now it's just fat black SJW and their BLM shit marching down Univ. Ave
>>
Don't worry guys the alt-right is man enough to handle this.
>>
>>33765767
They have to protect their gender studies children. Their ANTIFA friends need back up when they attack people that beat their asses.
>>
>>33765767
I go to a UC. (not Berkeley but since they're both in California the contracts are likely the exact same administered through the state acquisitions system)

Those load bearing vests have almost entirely replaced the traditional gear belt for PD on campus, due to the high number of lower back injury complaints with the older belt systems.

Ventilation is also better compared to concealed body armor, which isn't that big of a deal in Berkeley but farther south it reduces heat exhaustion.

They also fit rifle armor, for when they're feeling particularly nervous about some asspie wanting to shoot up campus.

The only riot equipment I see in the pics are the long wooden batons (most likely piggybacking off the Highway Patrol contract or DRMO mil surplus), helmets (same), and gas masks in drop leg bags (also same)
>>
>Why is a campus police force so heavily geared up?

Because there's clashes between far-left and right to far-right individuals/groups almost weekly

>Is this typical of campus police forces?
no
>>
They exist to stand around and pass out bikelocks to ANTIFA of course.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.