[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I've been a gun nut for a long time but now im finally at

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 4

File: 3-gun-competitions-920x460.jpg (97KB, 920x460px) Image search: [Google]
3-gun-competitions-920x460.jpg
97KB, 920x460px
I've been a gun nut for a long time but now im finally at the age where im able to aquire a Gun license through a course.

Now im wondering, I've heard in america you basically get your license when you purchase your first gun. Dont have to go through any course just a background check and yadayada. But is it like that in every state in america? And also if you're not american, what do you do in your country to aquire a gun license?
>>
>>33763233
What country are you from?
>>
>>33763233
>gun license
>America

pick one
>>
Amerifag here
most states don't require a license
in 90% of the US you can go to your local walmart
and buy a shotgun/rifle/handgun and walk out with it
you fill out a 4473 form and the clerk calls a number that leads to the FBI who then runs your name and checks if you have any disqualifiers
like warrants, involuntary commitment to a mental hospital, domestic violence, felonies etc.
they give a go/no go and if your clear you buy the firearm there
>>
>>33763253
Iceland
>>33763311
I dont want to sound harsh, but isnt that a good percentage of the reason why there are so many crimes invovled with guns in america?
>>
>>33763233

In New Jersey you need a firearm purchase permit to buy, its some paperwork with your local police, background check with fingerprints. That gets you the ability to purchase rifles and shotguns. Each pistol you need a pistol purchase permit, and you can only get one a month.

The process is to take less then a month, but they routinely delay it as long as possible.
>>
>>33763381
It has nothing to do with availability of guns and everything to do with niggers being niggers.
>>
>>33763381
>isnt that a good percentage of the reason why there are so many crimes invovled with guns in america?

No.
>>
>>33763381
How many niggers do you have in iceland?
>>
https://www.amren.com/news/2013/05/why-is-violent-crime-so-rare-in-iceland/

>Frankly, there is no perfect answer as to why Iceland has one of the lowest violent crime rates in the world.

hmmmm...
>>
File: 400px-COB_data_Iceland.png (48KB, 400x185px) Image search: [Google]
400px-COB_data_Iceland.png
48KB, 400x185px
>>33763605
>>
File: 1455678954387.png (520KB, 1024x771px) Image search: [Google]
1455678954387.png
520KB, 1024x771px
>>33763443
Hey there, follow jerseyfag. Let's wallow in each other's pain.
>>
>>33763443
I've been looking into doing one of the Glock 19 polymer 80 lowers in NJ. As far as I can tell it's illegal, what're the chances of getting caught by the local/state police njbro?
>>
>>33763381
it's a social problem
compare GB and CH for instance
>>
>>33763632
Former jerseyfag that migrated to North Carolina and Florida. Feels great
>porkroll
>cream chipped beef
>heroin
>>
>>33763524
We have next to none ill give you that lol.

But Iceland is ridiculously strict when it comes to guns:

>1st license is 1/2barrel and pump shotguns no larger than 12ga and rifles no larger than 22cal. (Shotgun magazine tube can hold no more than 2 shells and is limited by restrictor that gun shops are required by law to put in every single shotgun they sell, and you cant (by law) remove them. If you're cought with a tube that holds more than 2 shells you get a hefty fine.)
>1 year after the first license you can get an extension which is basically you can now buy semi auto shotguns and rifles up to 30cal. (No full auto shotguns allowed period. And the only semi auto rifles allowed are only up to 22cal and you need an aditional license for that)
>if you've been in a shooting club where you practice pistol shotting for 2 years, you can have the 3rd extention i mentioned earlier with the semi auto 22cal. Its basically allows you to purchase guns types related to sports, like the semi auto 22cal used in that ski shooting sport, and pistols. You can buy 9mm and .45acp like the 1911a1's and even 44magnum pistols, but anything above 9mm cant be imported. Your only option for pistols above 9mm are the used ones already here at home. And i think you know what that does to the price of these guns..
>>
>>33765708
Is .223/5.56 allowed under that first license?
>>
>>33766692
Im not sure. Gun shops sell package deal 17hmr and 22cal rifles where they basically come ready with a scope, but not any 223's. It might be because the 223 aint that popular here but idk
>>
>>33763605
>However, acquiring a gun is not an easy process–steps to gun ownership include a medical examination and a written test.

Yeah i forgot about that. I had to have a medical exam where they check your physical and mental health. Oh and you also have to have two people (dont have to have a gun license) that have not done serious crime to vouch for you.
>>
>>33763381
and here's the bait

go figure
>>
>>33763381
>I dont want to sound harsh, but isnt that a good percentage of the reason why there are so many crimes invovled with guns in america?

No criminals buy or get their guns second hand through private and illegal sales.
>>
so iceland i have to ask how is the fermented whale?
how are the fairies?

varmints and predators in iceland? (besides the bankers)
>>
>>33763381
The reason getting a gun where you live is such a pain in the ass is because you're fathers and grandfathers fell for the "common sense gun control" meme.

Don't get me wrong, we have some bullshit laws here too, but our legal protections for gun ownership are the strongest in the world and have only stayed that way because (luckily) enough people here don't think like you.

If you were ever planning on coming here, don't. Stay out of the US if that's your mindset.
>>
It depends on the state. Some of the northern ones make you have a permit but in west virginia, i walked into the shop on my 18th birthday and walked out with an ar15 and a box of ammo. No license no classes no nothing.
>>
File: 2A_for_foreigners.gif (380KB, 1500x2700px) Image search: [Google]
2A_for_foreigners.gif
380KB, 1500x2700px
>>33763233
>Now im wondering, I've heard in america you basically get your license when you purchase your first gun.
>Dont have to go through any course just a background check and yadayada.
Sort of correct. Some states require you to gain a license to purchase or possess a firearm as a permanent resident of that state but most do not require any licensing to merely own one.
You need a license to hunt however.
If you are underage you need to be on private property, have a farm exemption (only valid for the land you have farming purpose on), or have a hunting license to be in possession of a firearm in a less supervised manner.
Most states require you to have a license to conceal a weapon on your person and sometimes to open carry on public property (not all states allow open carry in any respect). Having a loaded firearm in a vehicle usually counts as concealing and is usually only legal for 'handguns.' The requirements for receiving a given state's CCW/whatever varies by state and ranges from simply being a legal resident to submitting paperwork and waiting up to taking X hour state approved courses that do or don't include legal discussion/live fire.

To purchase a firearm from a dealer (a FFL licensee), whether it is in a brick and mortar, some dealer's basement, or at a gun show you are subjected to a federal background check.
Private sales between individuals are not usually subject to scrutiny in the same manner.

A typical store purchase, assuming you are not a prohibited person, usually amounts to choosing one and buying it, then waiting for the background check to clear.

>And also if you're not american, what do you do in your country to aquire a gun license?
To do so legally: be a legal resident alien (green card, etc) or otherwise a citizen, from there it depends on the state. A tourist on a visa for example could not legally purchase firearms but could rent them at a range etc assuming they are not felons or equivalent in their country of residence.
>>
>>33763381
>availability of guns

Alright think about this. The cities with the highest gun controll (chicago, detroit, NYC, DC, etc) also have the highest rate of gun violence. This is because criminals will always go for the easy target, this easy target being the cities that they know the average joe worker doesnt have a gun on him.
>>
>>33763233
In my state, and most states, there is no license required and no registration required to purchase or openly carry a gun. There are no federal licenses or registration of non-NFA items, so in places where licenses and registration are necessary, it's a state law.

A background check is run on you every time you buy a gun from a dealer, but background checks aren't required for transfers made between private individuals. The background check done when you buy from a dealer is usually less than five minutes.

You need a license if you want to carry a gun concealed on your person, and to get that you take a class, qualify on a range, and pass a background check. Concealed carry requirements vary from state to state though.
>>
>>33767300
>No, criminals buy or get their guns second hand through private and illegal sales.
Commas are important.
>>
From Michigan here... the fuck do you mean by a license?

Rifles/long guns in general, walk in and buy your damn weapon, because 99% of what little gun crime the state as a whole has involves rifles in no way. Meanwhile for handguns (or AR receivers since buying one means you COULD build a pistol) walk in a store, fill out your background check, 2 minutes later after you are cleared, proceed with your sale.

Easy.

Hell, by state law even the shooting is pretty reasonable (don't hunt within 150 yards of someone else's dwelling without permission).

Add in castle doctrine and fleeing felon law, and we're the mitten of America clutching the 2A real God damn tight.
>>
>>33767267
not tryna bait sorry :/
>>33768339
We dont ferment the whale, not that i know of. The only whale i've eaten is put on a pan and cooked until blue rare to rare. Its one of the best meats you get. Delicious.
>>33768381
We may have strong laws but we're ranking at 13th for most guns per capita or 90k for the 300k population. So there is a lot of guns here no doubt about that.
And im staying in Iceland, I like my healthcare and beautiful country. I think thats worth more than a little more gun freedom.
>>33768398
>And also if you're not american, what do you do in your country to aquire a gun license?
I actually meant like, if someones from norway or whatever. But thats interesting too
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.