[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Looking to buy my first rifle, leaning towards pic related right

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

File: Screenshot_2017-04-25-13-06-59.png (227KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2017-04-25-13-06-59.png
227KB, 1920x1080px
Looking to buy my first rifle, leaning towards pic related right now. Any input or suggestions?
>>
>>33761111
Get a nugget.
>>
>>33761123

for the price of them these days may as well get something better
>>
>>33761129

It's $250 for a standard nugget. Maybe $200 if you get lucky. Little overpriced but worth it if you go shooting/hunting regularly.
>>
>>33761111
What do you want from your rifle?
Learn long range shooting?
General plinking?
Hunting?
SHTF?
???

Also budget?
>>
>>33761171
I've shot before and just want to invest in my own gun, under 21 in commiefornia so no hand guns. Mostly will be used for practice and exterminating coyotes on my 20 acre property.
>>
>>33761171
My bad, budget is under 800
>>
>>33761207
A howa 1500 in .223 might be worth a look, it's a fairly cost effective weapon that scales well with upgrades. You can get the with alright scopes for around 550$, that leaves you a chunk of change for ammo and other goodies.

1/8 twist would handle just about any ammo well up to 400 yards, and .223 has enough ass to get there, but enough that you'll notice (and learn from) your mistakes. Couple this with the aftermarket support of the R700 its a hard weapon to beat.

Savage makes several other bolt guns within your price range. I would recommend going to a gun store and handling a few if you can. Find one you really like, and wait a day before buying it. Look long and hard my friend.

T- A pawnshop clerk.
>>
>>33761111
Get this instead.

https://www.budsgunshop.com/catalog/product_info.php/products_id/90603/Win+Guns+535200218+M70+Featherweight+Bolt+7mm-08+22%22+5+1
>>
>>33761263
Going back to work, check in around 30 mins to answer some questions if they pop up.
>>
>>33761263
Thanks a ton for the input
>>
>>33761123
Fuck off your worn out shit, faggot.

>>33761263
What this guy said. Howa, Savage, etc. Lots of big names make great guns for entry level prices that are hard to beat.
>>
>>33761286
> Featherweight in 7mm-08
> First rifle

Why do you want OP to develop a flinch?
>>
>>33762006

>worn out
>still shoots perfectly the day it was made

ok dude.
>>
>>33761111
The ruger american predator has really good reviews, and you can find it in 6,5 creedmoor.
I wanted to buy it but it was twice the price of the savage in my country.
>>
>>33761153

No it's not. If nuggetfood were still cheap maybe, but it's not. You can get a brand new .308 rifle with scope for under $350. This is infinitely superior to that nugget for many reasons, including:

>can hit the broad side of a barn from inside the barn
>trigger weight is not permanently stuck at fifteen pounds
>bolt does not require a two by four to work
>bolt handle is bent like literally every other rifle ever made, even cheap pieces of shit, unlike the nugget
>does not weigh thirty pounds unloaded
>is not soaked in satan's own snot
>has a scope
>will not result in hauntings by Germans killed by the rifle, who are in turn constantly arguing with slavs who were killed while wielding the rifle
>ammo is readily available in a wide variety of quality
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.