[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is gunstruction broken for anyone else? I wanted to see if they

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 7

File: 9mm build.png (293KB, 1152x576px) Image search: [Google]
9mm build.png
293KB, 1152x576px
Is gunstruction broken for anyone else?

I wanted to see if they had some of the parts I'm looking to build with on it and couldn't get it to load at all

Pic related is my teeny tiny 9mm I'm going to build some day when I can afford it
>>
File: maxim[1].jpg (13KB, 400x250px)
maxim[1].jpg
13KB, 400x250px
>>33757090
also, should I get the regular stock or this?

I wasn't going to bother with this style because I think they're dumb, but for inna car and shit it would be pretty useful for not getting caught on shit
>>
Any particular reason for the slick side?
>>
File: C-9-LRBHO-Side-Charger[1].jpg (37KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
C-9-LRBHO-Side-Charger[1].jpg
37KB, 500x500px
>>33757104
it's side charging
>>
I just pulled it up. It's killing my poor laptop to run, but everything seems to have loaded properly.
>>
>>33757112
how long did it take?
>>
>>33757090
Just use the mobile app
>>
>>33757118
>using a botnet or terrible-GUI android
>>
anyone have any ideas

>pls ;_;
>>
>>33757107
>gunstruction
I have a side charging upper, not from NF Armory, but from Gibbs (which are pretty much exact copies...). I LOVE it! So much nicer than having to charge from the rear. Also, if you are running a DI gas system, you get a little less blowback in your face since the charging handle port is sealed off.
>>
I just updated to firefox 53 and it FINALLY made gunstruction work for the first time for me.
>>
>>33760265
The NFA ones are Gibbz but with added BHO is all

I have the ASA L1A1 type side charger on my 16 inch AR and it's pretty tits
For the 9mm I figured I'd go with this style instead of the folding though since it felt more PDW-y to me

My only issue is I don't think they work with regular upper vice blocks so I'll have to get a reaction rod or BEV block

>>33760323
I have the developer version because a few add ons weren't signed and Firefox has autism over that
I wonder if that has anything to do with it
>>
>>33760341
They will not work with regular upper viceblocks, but that is only because of the actual handle, which you can remove, it is just held on with two bolts and one detent pin. Nothing too major. I like my Gibbs, because you don't need a proprietary anything other than the cam pin, which it comes with, for your BCG. I am in the process of upgrading to an Adams Arms XLP mid-length piston system, which comes with a different BC, which will be no issue at all with my side charger. I am also dropping in a Franklin Armory BFS Gen3, binary trigger... Huzzah!
>>
>>33760412
that's a lot of gucci non standard stuff senpai
I love it

So will it work with regular blocks if you remove the handle?
You didn't quite specify

My ASA only required a slight slot cut in my bolt carrier and I was in school for machining at the time so it was nothing to cut it
>>
>>33757107
dat FAL a e s t h e t i c
>>
File: WP_20150513_034.jpg (2MB, 3552x2000px) Image search: [Google]
WP_20150513_034.jpg
2MB, 3552x2000px
>>33760774
I like the ASA more since L1A1
>>
>>33760705
Ha, pretty much the only standard thing on my gun is the Magpul stock and BUISs.

Mine does with the handle removed.

I have on my AR15:
Dreadnought Industries Multi-Cal lower
Black Hole Weaponry 416 mid-length 223Wylde polygonal 3 groove barrel
Gibbz Side Charging Upper
X-Products Viper Handguard
Yankee Hill 26-MB Slant Break
Magpul grip, BUIS, and MOE stock
Adams Arms XLP Gas Piston
Franklin Armory BFS Gen3 Binary Trigger

Will see if I can find a pic of my baby somewhere.
>>
>>33760810
that lower and upper hnnnggg <3
>>
File: yak.jpg (76KB, 600x407px) Image search: [Google]
yak.jpg
76KB, 600x407px
>>33760866
>puts all that gucci stuff on
>magpul stock

pic related

is the franklin the one where it's regular and release or is that another company?

>>33760899
really old pic
Changed out the optic a long time ago

PWS barrel, Lantac dragon brake, JP silent capture, trigger job

Need to get a 45 degree mount for the red dot and then a 4x optic of some sort
>>
File: IMG_20160802_202545015.jpg (4MB, 5303x2152px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160802_202545015.jpg
4MB, 5303x2152px
>>33760866
Here is a pic. All exterior still the same, has just a standard DI gas system in this pic.

What is wrong with Magpul stock? I like the way to looks, and it works.

Yes, it will fire with one pull of the trigger, and then fire on the release of the trigger.

If you can get your finger timing right and get the right cadence, you can actually match full auto fire rates with that trigger. The new gen3s are just straight drop ins, uses a standard mil-spec hammer. They provide different weighted springs so you can get the timing down for your particular system.

Footage quality is crap, but you can atleast see the speeds https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CcLGRZfX5C0
>>
>>33761039
My only real complaint with this upper, and it is the same with the NF Armory one as well, is no physical brass deflector. Mine ejects the brass at about 5oclock position, so if you want to run any kind of canted sight, you are going to be ejecting shells right into your shoulder, which then love to hop right into your collar while still hot.
>>
>>33761039
Magpul is just boring and plain

There's a company that has safe, semi, and release settings
No binary action
That's the one I want because release triggers are god tier for reducing flinch
>>
>>33762723
Why do you have flinch on Ar15? Are you that reporter that got PTSD from shooting .223? :-p

And I felt like dropping another $200 on a fancy stock may just be a little too much...
>>
I'm building this: gunponent.com/beta/

Its a marketplace for AR parts. At first you won't be able to "build" guns like gunstruction, but it loads really quick and will actually allow you to buy shit.

Play around with it please and tell me how to improve it.

Obviously there are no listings at the moment (even though you could list some if you so choose to).
>>
File: 1491765201355.gif (303KB, 765x551px) Image search: [Google]
1491765201355.gif
303KB, 765x551px
>autistically try to put together the lightest AR possible
>program crashes while I'm on the final part
>>
>>33762771
>Why do you have flinch on Ar15?

I can tell that you can't shoot smaller than a 2 inch group at 100 yards
>>
>>33763104
are these just links or do you plan on selling things?
>>
>>33757090
I would get the brace version of the maxim stock, it has a shorter tube/length than the sbpdw
>>
>>33766523
You're talking like 1/4 inch at most
>>
>>33765885
I plan on selling stuff. But you can list parts too. Its basically an ebay of sorts for AR parts (if it works I'll expand it to AKs, Glocks, 1911s, etc.)

But its so anyone can easily sell gun parts (new or used).
>>
>>33769516
I don't know how many people just sell individual parts senpai
>>
>>33769530
Instagram is full of people doing it. I myself have a crap ton of old parts that I could get rid of. I see people selling them on "Buy Sell" threads. If you've ever built an AR you'll see the internet is full of sites selling parts -- and all of them have the worst interfaces.

If thats not enough I'll turn it into a regular store.
>>
>>33769563
Sites are but not a lot of individuals

Instagram has a lot of parts?
I'm always looking for good deals
>>
>>33769573
Either's fine. Smaller sites have already said they would sell on our platform. I would like it if individuals would start using it, but its not necessary.

Most are just smaller sites using it to promote themselves, but some use it to sell crap directly -- "cottage industry" and whatnot.
>>
>>33769667
the issue I see with it is you'd have to update it whenever there was a sale
>>
>>33769678
No, you'll have a "buy now" feature that I'm building now. It will automatically remove the listing (depending on how many of that item youve listed). You also have the option to use something we're integrating called "Shippo". Itll auto generate a paid for shipping label. So once it sells the listing will disappear and you'll be able to print a shipping label, slap it on your box, and drop it off at UPS or the post office and be done with it.

For the seller the most difficult part will be telling us what kind of part it is, who made it, whether its used, and how much they want to sell it for. Easier than ebay I think (which is also full of people selling BCGs barrels trigger groups etc. ) :)

At any rate, if you happen to remember it in about 3 months please take a look at it. Not trying to spam or anything, it just seems like you're critically minded so I wouldn't mind hearing your input in the future.
>>
>>33769796
I meant as in lower price type of sale

I suppose you'll have to leave it open ended so people don't have to use Shippo
>>
>>33769814
I'm confused. What do you mean?

But I agree, some users may not want to use shippo. So you'll be able to turn it off.
>>
>>33769837
say a company is selling a product on your site
Now lets say they are offering it at a discount
They would have to manually go and update it every time unless you had some sort of feed

It almost might be better to have separated listings so that companies are links and individuals are listings
>>
>>33769855
>say a company is selling a product on your site
Ok
>Now lets say they are offering it at a discount

Discount compared to what. Was it previously listed at a higher price? Is it discounted compared to their competition? Or is it a "discount" -- like "limited time offer, 99$ off if you buy now!" kind of discount?

>They would have to manually go and update it every time unless you had some sort of feed

You mean every time they change the price?

>It almost might be better to have separated listings so that companies are links and individuals are listings

This all sounds interesting but I'm not totally on the same page as you. Im genuinely curious help me understand. I feel like what you're talking about is maybe similar to how on Amazon sellers can create one time use coupon codes to give to certain users. They allow the item to be kept listed at a certain price but allow other user to buy it cheaper.
>>
>>33769928
>Was it previously listed at a higher price?
>Or is it a "discount" -- like "limited time offer, 99$ off if you buy now!" kind of discount?

That's what a discount or sale is, yes

>You mean every time they change the price?

Yes
>>
>>33769985
https://www.ledsupermall.com/fenix-pd35-tactical-edition-cree-xp-l-1000-lumens-led-flashlights.html

Here's an example

Notice the price is $72, but it's on sale for $56?

They would have to update their listings every time it went on sale
>>
>>33769985
>>33769989

The point I was trying to make is that companies sell stuff at "discount" all the time, even though they never actually sell that stuff at any higher price -- its a psychological pricing thing. The product you linked to is most likely an example of this. If that is in fact the case then they wouldn't be altering the price.

What I'm confused about is how having to change the price is any different than any other platform you might be selling something on -- i.e. ebay, amazon, one's own webstore etc. But, I guess if it were a huge concern for people we could make a feature which would allow discount "scheduling".
>>
>>33770047
What about palmetto and primary arms?
Their prices fluctuate all the time
>>
>>33770143
True. I guess they go an edit their pages.

But I think what you're concerned about is people having to delete and re-list stuff. But we have a listing editor that will be usable. So all the seller has to do is change the price.

Having said that. I haven't thought about having separate "normal price" and "discount price" fields. Definitely something I'm going to add.
>>
>>33770195
I'm just think about it from the business owner perspective
Would suck to have to go edit prices on them all every time

Then I think about it from the buyer side. Look at Slickguns. Shit is constantly out of stock by the time you see it
>>
>>33765876
I can shoot 1MOA at 100yds just fine thank you very much. Shoot sub-moa with my R700 25-06, and that has a hell of a lot more flinch inducing recoil than an AR15 does. JFC does everyone on here have holier than thou attitudes, or just mainly you?
>>
>>33771224
the point being that being smug about flinching is stupid
everyone moves regardless of how minor it is
release triggers remove the natural tendency to tense up
Thread posts: 48
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.