[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is it illegal to make a device that you can attach to your gun

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 2

File: colgate.gif (971KB, 500x300px) Image search: [Google]
colgate.gif
971KB, 500x300px
Is it illegal to make a device that you can attach to your gun and while you are pressing a button on this device it pulls the trigger constantly at a certain delay that you have programmed(as fast as your gun can shoot) in the US?
>>
No, it's legal
>>
Yes it's illegal.

>One pull of trigger = one bullet

Nothing more.
>>
What the fuck do you think? This isn't a loophole, it's the ATF's very definition of a machinegun.
>>
>>33756286
Did you even read the post? He said he is making a robot that pulls the trigger automatically. it's essentially a motorized gat crank
>>
>>33756286
>reeding iz hard
>>
>>33756286
>>33756292
Well, you are pressing a button but the trigger is being pulled multiple times.
Maybe something will happen like with those shotguns where you can keep pulling the trigger and shoot more than one bullet that the US used in the Vietnam war and they are legal for civilians to own.
>>
>>33756301

Still illegal - it's why the trigger cranks are all manual. The button controlling the motor becomes the trigger.
>>
>>33756286
>>33756326
If cranks are permitted, what about a staged trigger that incrementally fires shots throughout the length of the pull?
>pull 1/3 the distance for one shot
>Squeeze all the way for 3 rounds in quick succession
>>
>>33756344
Echo and binary triggers work similarly. They fire one round on pull and one on release and those were found to be atf legal.
>>
>>33756344
"Any weapon which shoots, is designed to shoot, or can be readily restored to shoot, automatically more than one shot without manual reloading, by a single function of the trigger"

Single function is the key - squeeze and release to fire two shots is fine, but squeeze for three would probably get your dog shot, even if there were distinct steps it'd likely be considered a single function.
>>
>>33756344
Presumably also illegal, since military Steyrs have that exact system and are NFA
>>
>>33756381
What if you had to move the trigger to the side to continue pulling? Like a gear select. Press straight back to fire one, move to the left and farther back for two, move to the right and pull for 3. You could slope the contact points for the return to allow it to fully reset without shifting the trigger.
>>
>>33756427

Maybe.

Anyone with the expertise to design such a thing isn't going to sink the R&D money into something the ATF might just decide is illegal later.
>>
>>33756427
What if it had 3 different triggers, one smaller than the other but all of them side by side? As you push one you would eventually get your finger to the other, working just like your system but with actual entire pulls and without having to lean to a side to shoot it, making it faster.
Did I just jew the democrats?
>>
>>33756381
>Single function is the key - squeeze and release to fire two shots is fine, but squeeze for three would probably get your dog shot
And yet 10 shots with a single turn of a crank is no probalo? How does that make sense?
>Inb4 >ATF >making sense
>>33756387
>military Steyrs have that exact system and are NFA
Steyer staged triggers can dump a whole mag with only 2 stages though. Not really the same thing.
>>
File: EPLPx12.png (290KB, 640x920px) Image search: [Google]
EPLPx12.png
290KB, 640x920px
>>33756464
Maybe. Pretty sure these letters aren't legally binding at all so watch yer doggos back.
>>
What if i build an AI with a robot arm that pulls and releases the trigger at exactly the action's cyclic rate

Is that a machinegun
>>
>>33756512
Well what do you know, time to add some triple trigger magic boxes to my receiver.
>>
>>33756530
I think that if you tell him to it is, if he does so on its own it's not. That is kinda crazy.
Or else what would we have to do? Let him shoot once, he hands the gun to the owner and the owner gives it back to him so it is not a machinegun?
>>
>>33756530
>>33756552
They would arrest the robot and throw it in robot prison for 10 years.
>>
>>33756319
>Well, you are pressing a button but the trigger is being pulled multiple times.
A trigger is whatever triggers the chain reaction which ends with a controlled explosion. The button would be a trigger.
>>
>>33756562
I accept that. What about the triple trigger system mentioned in >>33756464 ?
>>
>>33756512
Wait, volley guns are legal? I thought that firing multiple barrels simultaneously was a """machine gun"""
>>
>>33756609
I've never seen a double barrel shotgun that fires both with a single trigger but it's allowed.

Same with those wretched double 1911s.
>>
How about a system where you buffer up trigger pulls so that you pull the trigger X times and then, X bullets fire in rapid succession?
>>
>>33756625
The double 1911s have two triggers tho
>>
>>33756805
>one slide
>two triggers

>Squeeze right trigger only
>Round in right chamber fires
>Round in left chamber gets ejected without firing

>>33756793
>Sitting at home, fingerfucking your custom AR, unloaded
>Pulling your custom trigger spastically like you have autism and tourettes all rolled into one
>BOOM BOOM CRASH burglar breaks down your door
>Slap a C-mag in
>Point weapon at burglar
>Flip fire selector from "Buffering..." to "Play"
>BRAAAAAAAAP
>Gun slamfires 81 rounds into everything in the burglar's general direction
>Fire selector automatically flips back to "Buffering..."
>>
>>33756275
You can't "bank" shots mechanically or electrically
>>
>>33756945
>You can't "bank" shots mechanically or electrically
Chemically then?
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.