[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

hey /k/ I can't decide what firearm to buy next. I don't

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 3

File: img_3481.jpg (2MB, 5184x3456px) Image search: [Google]
img_3481.jpg
2MB, 5184x3456px
hey /k/

I can't decide what firearm to buy next. I don't even know what I need.

I'm a bit of a prepper, ready for bug in/out situations, and have ample food/water supplies (plus the secret ingredient I haven't seen mentioned in a single thread ever)

pic related - I'd get it for fun if it wasn't so pricey or, quite frankly, useless.

I need a good bug out gun but I don't like tons of tiny moving parts or polymer frames. I need something heavy, simple, easy to maintain, reliable, preferably stainless/weatherproof with multiple shots in a removable magazine. ammo price is less important than ammo availability,

here's my current fudd arsenal in order of purchase, excluding accessories:

>t. no time to un-pack and take a pic

hatfield single shot shotgun 12ga - 175rds
RIA 1911 tact-II 8 shot 5" 10mm - 325rds
mosin nagant 1950 re arsenal - 260rds
mossberg MVP patrol .308/7.62 - 320rds (no optics yet)
ruger gp100 .357 6" stainless - 450rds

I'd like a rifle or shotgun, even if polymer, but a useful pistol would work. I'd considered the kel tec plr16 until I found out they were unreliable. I want something reasonably powerful with reasonable range but don't want to spend $1000. >10 round mags preferred.

whatcha think? what should I get?
>>
>>33756125
All you need is a good battle rifle, handgun, and maybe an over/under small gauge combo for light game
>>
>>33756154

I was thinking an M1A but they cost too much and I've heard they can be unreliable. I can't think of a decent battle rifle I would be willing to pay for.

got good reliable handguns already. probably going to get a S&W SD9 just for kicks and cheap ammo on Thursday.
>>
>>33756154

and I pretty much have pellet guns/traps for small game.
>>
>>33756178
Get an AR or an AK
>>
>>33756269

>lots of small, moving parts to fail and clean

I like your thinking, but I can't respect 7.62x39 and the S&W M&P is too flimsy. Otherwise, carbines and "assault" rifles like that are too expensive. I'd get a stainless mini-14, but I want something with a bit more oomph for now.
>>
>>33756125
get some varmint gun.
>>
>>33756336

that's not very helpful. any gun could be used as a varmint gun.

did you have anything specific in mind?
>>
>>33756317
You think a Mini-14 doesn't have a ton of small, moving parts?
>>
>>33756125
Sounds like you are exactly describing the AK my man.

>Otherwise, carbines and "assault" rifles like that are too expensive.
You said $1000 which is more than double enough room for a good semi auto

>the S&W M&P is too flimsy
Source?
>>
>>33756354

close to an M1A in design, but no, I don't think it doesn't. and that's another reason I'm not going to buy one. I'm considering it in the future because they're made of stainless steel and won't break unless I abuse them, but in the mean time I would like a reliable, powerful mid-long range semi auto or double action.
>>
>>33756391
AK

I think you're being too autistic about this
>>
>>33756349
sorry.

A "varmint rifle/shotgun/handgun"
>>
>>33756317
>>lots of small, moving parts to fail and clean
That's going to be most anything that isn't a bolt gun.

Get one in .30-06, very versatile caliber that you can learn to cast lead bullets for.
>>
>>33756383

any ar15/m16 is a bit too flimsy. I want something I could throw off a cliff and feel good about shooting it.

preferably not a stamped, aluminum or pot metal frame.

I don't even care what country it comes from. I'd like america but hell that's unreasonable for my price

>>33756383

>more than enough for a good semi auto

what do you recommend?
>>
>>33756125
You're going to buy an AR because it's completely serviceable if you have tools and half a brain. It also has the honor of being found every fucking where.
>>
>>33756421

have a .308

bum shoulder, it's about all I can take. the single 12 is more trouble than I care to handle on the reg.
>>
>>33756434
You honestly sound like a retard
>>
>>33756443

do they make them super tough with stainless receivers in .308 or .243 for under $1K?

then yes in a heartbeat
>>
>>33756125
You need an older 870.
>>
>>33756455

how so friend? I don't understand how I could sound like a retard when you assuredly cannot hear me.
>>
>>33756477
Your trolling just jumped the shark
>>
>>33756471

why older? how much older? my brother got one in '07 and it jammed after the first shot out of the box. had to send it to the factory. something about the feeding arm.
>>
>>33756449
Then you should definitely learn how to safely make reduced loads if you reload. Shooting .308 with little recoil is an amazing thing.
>>
>>33756480

you're bad at spelling you're, and you seem to be the only one in this thread with that opinion.

you're free to leave at any time, you know.
>>
>>33756434
If you want something retardproof with a weather resistant finish check out the 10mm glock, or a marinecoated mossberg 590a1

But you really want an ak47 variant
>>
>>33756484

I've been considering it. I know the kits can go for as little as $50 before all the little accessories. plus I'd save some bux. as it is I can take about 40 shots before the pain becomes unbearable, which is why I'm looking for a semi auto. I'll probably get an aftermarket compensator for both in the long run do drop the recoil.
>>
>>33756491

I like the veprs but the mags are hard to get, let alone afford.

glocks are plastic

and the marinecote mossbergs are crap. I live near the ocean, and plenty of lobstermen have told me never ever to waste my money on one. the finish just flakes off no matter how gentle you are. might as well gat an ATI once a year and throw it out every christmas.
>>
>>33756490
I can spell you're

I can also spell your
>>
>>33756178
Ar10. Period. It's not fuddy but it works, is customisable and won't break the bank.
>>
>>33756526

stainless models for under $1K?

>>33756525

right... so how exactly do I SEEM retarded? details, please.
>>
File: CCGSJ7mUMAAP8fh.png (260KB, 600x374px)
CCGSJ7mUMAAP8fh.png
260KB, 600x374px
>>33756540
>>
>>33756559

at a loss for words eh?

At a loss for thoughts, too, it would seem.
well thanks everybody, seems my reasonable options are an AK, AR (maybe) or an A10. I'll look into it. Thanks for the help.
>>
File: AR221094L.jpg (4KB, 295x97px)
AR221094L.jpg
4KB, 295x97px
>>33756125
A blunderbuss. You can load it with anything you have and it uses blackpowder you could make yourself as a last resort.
>>
>>33756585
If ammo availability is important to you then a 9mm should be on your list. You could get a cz75 and have a nice steel framed and reliable 9mm. There are lots of situations where you might not have a long-gun handy. A steel framed 9mm would double the firepower of your other handgun options.

Otherwise I agree with the AR/AK idea. Or better yet up your ammo hoarding. Those are rookie numbers!
>>
>>33756806
How about those shotgun adapters?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YKPq00_7uaU
>>
>>33756317
>and the S&W M&P is too flimsy
How do you figure?
>>
>>33756434
you are sure retarded.. but an SKS is your answer
>>
>>33756125
PTR91. It'll eat your Mossberg's .308, including steel case, and put out volumes of fire. Magazines are still cheap, too. You already have the best pistols and don't need another unless you are equipping family members.
Thread posts: 39
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.