[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Go to gun store >Specifically ask to see some 9mm Glocks

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 107
Thread images: 15

>Go to gun store
>Specifically ask to see some 9mm Glocks
>Fudd store clerk keeps pushing me towards the 1911s
>Fucking brings out like 3 different 1911s and only brings out the Glock begrudingly like 15 minutes after bullshitting me about how the 1911 is perfect for me.

How the fuck do you become a salesperson and not learn how to listen to your god damn customers?
>>
>>33756062

Pretty sure he was just fucking with you because you're a fucking Glockfag.
>>
>>33756062
He's been told he needs to move those pistols.
>>
>>33756183
I work at a gun store - I've never once been told to move a firearm.
>>
>>33756062
A good salesman doesn't sell the customers what they want, they sell the customers what the boss wants.
>>
>>33756062
Bollocks
>>
>>33756199
You don't dust?
>>
>>33756062
when i shaved i found this happened a lot.

when i got a neckbeard i found the transaction usually very quick and no upsell.
>>
>>33756199
your store isn't necessarily representative of other stores, unless you work at the same chain store or something
>>
>>33756073
>20 fucking 17
>STILL asshurt about glocks and the people that like them
>>
Seems like you could have just said, I have a 1911 I want a glock now too, obviously it's annoying but there is likely a reason he was pushing the 1911 so hard
>>
>>33756062
Shit that didn't happen for a 1000, Alex.
>>
The salesman (rightly) assumes you are retarded, and wanted to give you a gun that is easier to learn on and harder to shoot yourself with.
>>
>>33756200
Umm no. Have you ever put any thought into the saying "the customer is always right"? It doesn't mean that a customer gets the right to rake the store over the coals with a 15% off coupon that is a year old because 'he always shops there' it means that if the customer wants a Desert Eagle for home defense and a Ruger LCP for his wife because 'thats a women's gun' you fucking sell him those guns. You don't talk yourself out of a sale no matter how fucking dumb the request is. Now if the customer had come asking what the best option for home defense is and what would be best for his wife who is looking to get into shooting for the first time then you give your input as a salesman.
>>
>>33756200
This.

Yes you want to make the customer happy, but the whole time you are really trying to sell what you want to sell, not what they think they want.

A good salesman can make it feel like you, the customer, came to pick what he is selling yourself. Truth is he steered you to that item and you bit the hook.

Not that any of this is a bad thing. Sometimes it's actually much better. For example:

>first time buying hand gun
>no experience yet or knowledge of reputable brands
>think I want a Taurus 1911 I see new for $500
>shop owner asks me some questions
>realizes I have no clue
>points me to either a used G17 ($450) or a used 92FS ($450)
>tells me how 9mm is better for a beginner and goes over in detail both firearms
>but still says it's my choice and if I want the Taurus he has no problem doing the paperwork
>I pick the 92FS and thank him
>still go there and purchase from him instead of other local shop as he seems to care
>other shop will do nothing but shill there "custom" 4K ARs and overprice everything

Moral of the story sometimes the "idiot clerk" actually knows more than you and it pays to listen every now and then.
>>
>>33756062
Because most customers don't know shit and will eat up whatever fuddlore or mallninja scroll knowledge the person behind the counter is spewing and the person behind the counter will be trying to move certain merchandise. I've seen someone sell a Ruger Redhawk by billing it to some dingus as the firearm that Rick Grimes uses in TWD. I've seen someone sell some sort of AUG clone as a "FAMAS" to some dumbass back when BLOPS was still hot.
>>
Maybe I've just gotten lucky or it's because I only shop for used guns, but I've never had a store do that to me.

>see gun in case
>ask to see gun
>handle gun with no sales pressure
>either buy or put it back no sweat
>>
>>33758886
More often than not if it is a box store the clerks are idiots, if it is a local gun shop you got a 50/50 the person cares or the person is pushing something.

I walked into a big box store needing to buy ammo, actually surprised there was a gun clerk manning the counter and more surprised they had a good amount of guns available. He asked if I was interested in a hand gun today, I told him sure, what would you recommend for a concealed carry gun? He said a beretta 92. I almost pissed myself laughing
>>
This is full of lies and bullshit. A gun shop doesn't give a flying fuck what you want and they're not there to make a quota on anything.

if you want a 9mm glock, they'll give it to you if they have stock. They've shot them all and they can care less what you want in the long run.
>>
>>33756062
just buy a 1911 already you fuck
>>
>>33756062
Things that never happen, store owners always push the flock when I ask for a sig
>>
He was probably just making small talk with you. What do you got against 1911?
Is this a glock vs 1911 thread?
>>
>>33758828
You have a very naive outlook on how sales actually works.
>>
>>33756062
>Go to gun store
>Specifically ask to see some .22LR
>Fudd store clerk says he'll see if there's any in the back
>Comes back half an hour later and says they don't have any
>There's some on the shelf right behind him
>He's a German Shepard
>>
>>33756073
No good gun store will shill people away from Glocks you cuck
>>
>go to gun store
>hey, can I handle this one real quick
>handle it
>decide I don't want it
>give it back
>say what I liked and didn't like
>store clerk narrows selection down based on that
>find the gun I want
>buy it
>repeat this 3 more times
>after that, ask to put a box of ammo through a rental of the same gun
>he gives me a discount on the ammo

I'm sorry you guys don't have good gun shops. I'm willing to pay a few bucks more based on the personalized help the guy gives me.
>>
>>33760884
Unless it's a gun store run by /k/. But then again a gun store run by /k/ would probably have like 3 clerks all shilling you away from every gun with memes while simultaneously shilling to towards every gun with memes.
>>
>>33761028
>gun store run by /k/
>glocks are stored in a tupperware container with a "warning, may explode" glocknade sign

>mosins are stored in crates still in cosmoline, and the clerks all swear by them, but when you go to buy one they tell you they're overpriced

>No AR's anywhere in the store, just parts. People get angry if you ask for a whole rifle

>If you ask for a railed AK dust cover, or any Troy product, you get beaten and thrown out of the store

>High points only come in 40 S&W

>The only camo is Flecktarn

>If you aren't sure what a gun is, nobody will tell you anything except that it is a famas
>>
>>33761192
Would unironically apply for a job at a place like this. Would be in blackface and sit behind a counter consisting of nothing but Hi-Points listed as Glock 40s.
>>
>>33758828
Hahahahahahaha your last econ class was Civics in HS wasn't it?
>>
File: 1487377355899.gif (2MB, 280x358px)
1487377355899.gif
2MB, 280x358px
>>33761192
forgetting the awkward dress wearing man in the back corner selling garters and panties in rhodesian camo with the muzzle of a babyshit colored FAL in his anus
>>
>>33761373

OK, that would be hilarious.
>>
>>33759838
>>33761370
He's probably at the bottom rung of a retail store, a cashier or something who is actually told this by his bosses because he is too dumb to understand how sales works. So they say, "Just sell them what they want," while the people making the floor plan and weekly sales are the ones pushing the products off of the shelf.
>>
>>33761192
>women ask for CCW recommendations and instead get told to buy milsurp rifles
>>
>>33761569
>Implying everyone wouldn't just surround her and ask her to show feminine benis
>>
File: 1440056149166.jpg (12KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
1440056149166.jpg
12KB, 400x400px
>>33756062
This is why I'm doing all my first handgun research online and at a range with rented guns. Once I know exactly what I want, I'll just go to a store and buy it without going through any scripted sales pitch.
>>
>>33761192
Fucking golden
>>
>>33759010
i keked at mallninja scroll
>>
>>33760874
Oh boy here we go.
>>
>>33761569
Nonsense, we'd give that bitch a Makarov

Bitches love Makarovs.
>>
>>33756062
Stuff like this has happened to me many times between Cabellas and LGS's. It makes me seriously consider quitting my high paying government job and going to work at one of these places, simply because I know that having people skills would help me move 10x the guns that the purists fudd's behind the counter do. Honestly, selling a gun should be the easiest thing to sell on the planet.
>>
>>33759838
how the fuck is he wrong

my neighbor is a professor at the local university and sells guns(literally owns a gun store) and he said exactly the same thing at the guy you replied to

the customer is always right in that they always know what they want and trying to sell a van to someone who wants a car is fucking dumb
>>
>>33762385
Read some literature on sales. You'll be disturbed.
>>
>>33762633
What, like "Propaganda: The Formation Of Men's Attitudes" by Jacques Ellul?
>>
>>33756062
Quick question OP: were they all Springfields?
>>
>>33762732
Probably not a bad start.
>>
>>33756062
Work at a gun store OP amenity depends how your lgs operates. Like with my store, us employees get special discounts or are in rewards programs for a certain brand. The one that we are doing is Springfield, so for how ever many handguns and rifles we sell, we get points towards and XD, 1911, or M1A. So you bet your ass in pushing Springfield to any limp dick who walks through our door. But before this promotion it's a real mix. If a guy knows what he wants and wantsnit bad I just give it to him. If it's some new shooter I show them basic shit and high end shit to leak tier interest. I usually hate the guys who walk in and want a .357 for their 110lb wife who have never died guns before.
>>
>>33756206
Underrated post
>>
>>33760874
>Go to gun store
>Specifically ask to see some .22LR
>Idiot store clerk says he'll see if round any up
>Comes back half an hour later with 10 sheep
>Says "Nein, wir haben keine"
>There's some on the shelf right behind him
>He's a German Shepard
>>
>>33756062
I've never met a LGS clerk that wasn't a cunt. They're all crusty old fudds that get cranky at the drop of a hat.
>>
>>33756062
That old lady in the OP is awesome. I've been in her store a bunch of times. It's run out of her garage in a residential neighborhood. Neighbors and the other gunstores in town are always trying to shut her down.
>>
>>33762016
How very naive of you, my sweet doggo. If you try to draw a line in the sand with some guy who missed his chance to go to Vietnam and be a real man he'll say the gun you want is always out of stock. If it's very clearly not, he'll say they're to show off when they're in stock.
>>
File: IMG_2175.jpg (27KB, 533x399px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2175.jpg
27KB, 533x399px
Just buy the real gun. You can get your lego gun later.
>>
>>33761192
>Sometimes you wanna go
>Where every Glock is a grenade
>And they always call you gay
>>
>>33756062
>1911

salesman was right op is retard.
>>
>>33756062
I'll take "Things that never happened" for $500 Alex
>>
>>33756206
Oh you mean like delete everything on my hard drives?
>>
>>33760874
fuck i miss these threads
>>
>>33761192
You forgot
>All employees speak in an obvious faux-slavic accent
>>
File: Detroit-Riot-1967.jpg (204KB, 1200x802px) Image search: [Google]
Detroit-Riot-1967.jpg
204KB, 1200x802px
>>33756062
>How the fuck do you become a salesperson and not learn how to listen to your god damn customers?

Gun dealers are without a doubt the _worst_ merchants ever.

If they’re not flat out ignoring you, they’re scowling at you and mumbling answers (usually wrong) to any questions you might ask, then they have the nerve to get pissed when you get pissed at their incompetence and surly attitude and leave without buying any of their wildly over priced items.

How the fuck these guys manage to stay in business (sometimes for years?!) is beyond my understanding?
>>
>>33761192
I'll work there and recommend nothing but Japanese Type 14 or 94 for people looking for pistols.
If they object then I threaten them with a Katana.
>>
>>33756062
op were you in the gun room in portland?
>>
>>33756206
i think he means "move" as in move product off the shelf, as in sales.
>>
>all these faggots agreeing with the retarded clerk

Theres a gunshop in my local small city that does this exact same shit "hey, i want to buy this rifle" "NONONO, you want to buy this handgun" "...no i want to buy this rifle which I looked for in your online cataloge and not t" "NO, believe me, you want this thing instead. We also have fishing rods"

I never went there again, and many others dont either. Because fuck you, dont tell me what I want to buy from you.

But its going out of buisnes anyways because the owner lost his license because he sold illegal fireworks in the shop, and the guy making them exploded himself and his neighbor.
>>
>>33764749
Story? What state was the store in and how long did the guy's firework business last before he got caught?
>>
>>33764667
I had people a training glock and teach them how to hold it right, how to align the sights, and shit like that. Then I bring out a range of things for people to hold onto so they can get a feel for how different everything is.

Once they find something that feels sorta right, I'll send them out to qualify on our range with a .22. Once they get on target and get a feel for the indoor range and the loudasfuckness, and get over some of the nervousness, then I bring in the rental version of what they picked out and let them try a few shots.

Process works fine for me. Experienced shooters that know what they want, I show them what they ask for while suggesting they at least hold onto other things, based on hand size, caliber interest, and purpose of use.
>>
>>33764800
Strangest, yet not suspicious, purchase I've had yet was an older Hawaiian lady that was easily under 5' and under 100lbs who was dead set on a Glock 40.

Turns out she was a competitive shooter and we'd actually met before at the Koko Head firing range some years back. Still funny to watch her shoot buffalo bore 10mm out of that thing when she comes in.
>>
>>33764703
but remember to remind then it's nothing personal.
>>
>>33764773
You won't get a story, because it isn't true.
>>
>>33756062
>>Go to gun store
>>Specifically ask to see some 9mm Glocks

That's pretty much announcing that you're a lame fuckhead.
>>
>>33761192
"whats a good conceal carry pistol?"
>points at vz52
>"kill bear" (in deep slavic accent)
>points at stuffed bear
>>
File: 1492925224939.jpg (36KB, 800x533px) Image search: [Google]
1492925224939.jpg
36KB, 800x533px
>>33756062
Litterally had the opposite experience buying my cc gun
>>
>>33756890
I agree with you but turn that tripcode off my friend
>>
File: 1431001779000.png (22KB, 800x600px)
1431001779000.png
22KB, 800x600px
>>33756073
But 1911fags are worse than glockfags.
>>
File: dAswoIr.png (429KB, 960x948px) Image search: [Google]
dAswoIr.png
429KB, 960x948px
>>33761192
wew
>>
>>33765777
This

1911s are literally guns for edgy teenagers
>>
Had this dream recently during a nap.

>Go to gunstore
>Ask if they have PCRs, they do
>Tell them I'll buy it and to start the paperwork
>This guy 'working' there kept trying to talk me out of it
>You don't really want that, it's slav metal scraps!
>I tell him I want it
>This goes on for several minutes and I'm getting irritated
>Finally the guys says, look I'm actually an undercover cop and I'm trying to illegally sell this to a mob boss later today and bust him
>I'm like 'wat'
>Tell him to screw off and find a real employee
>Cop keeps hassling me while I'm trying to buy it
>I leave the store and this cop is following me around in a supermarket
>Keeps vaguely threatening me to not close transaction
>Calls police station on some false charge and all these cops come to check it out
>Some non-loser cop shows up and says he just booked the mob boss
>They all leave, I get my PCR after
>>
>>33766404
the last time I took a nap I had a nightmare where I just kept waking up and waking up and waking up and after a few loops I realized what was happening and oh God I've got brain problems and what if I'm stuck like this forever and
>>
>>33766404
I skipped straight to the greentext and was very confused.
>>
>>33766404
The fuck is a PCR
>>
>>33767240
One of the compact versions of the CZ 75 with an aluminum frame.
>>
>>33756062
>work at gun store
>old guy comes in and demands to see "Glock pistols"
>ask him "9mm or .40 cal? We are out of the .45's"
>man signs like he's been kicked in the shin and mocked for it
>"I want to see your GLOCK PISTOLS, is that hard to understand"
>9's or 40's sir, we have plenty of both
>"I want to know where your GLOCK PISTOLS are son do you understand what I'm saying?"
>point to our trays of glocks in 9 and 40, tell him "these are our Glocks, let me know if you want to handle one, I'll find somebody who wants to show them"
>tell coworker there's an old aspie who wants to look at glocks, he opens the case and shows customer the 26, 19, 17, 27, 23, and 22. Finally he says "I was looking for the .380", coworker shows him lone Glock 42 and he bitches that i didn't know about it
>continue stocking shelves of fishing gear because people that come to the gun counter are all retarded or dicks
>>
File: autismchampions.jpg (575KB, 2915x1159px) Image search: [Google]
autismchampions.jpg
575KB, 2915x1159px
>>33758828
>ummposting
>>
File: uzi_11.jpg (16KB, 618x343px) Image search: [Google]
uzi_11.jpg
16KB, 618x343px
>>33756062
>go to gun store to buy some ammo and see what they have on sale right now
>kids suddenly walk in
>walking towards clerk
>they see the Uzi pistol I'm currently fingerfucking
>"isn't that the one from Black Ops"
>tell them yes
>they totally freak out and want to shoot it
keep in mind, those were ~12 year olds
>ask clerk if it possible to test shoot the pistol and if the little ones can try it out too
>clerk is a bit confused, but gives us permission to do a little bit of testfiring

in the end those kids had a really great time shooting an Uzi
pic related
>>
>>33756062
But why would you want a glock over a 1911?
>>
>>33767841
This happens way too often.
>dude comes up to gun counter and says "i wanna see your Remingtons"
>shotguns, pistols, or rifles?
>he thinks I dint hear him or something because he replies "no! your Remingtons!"
>sir, remington makes shotguns, pistols and rifles, which are you looking for?
>"well I guess a rifle"
You guess! you don't know what fuckin gun you want!
>right over here sir and what model did you want to look at?
>with a dead serious look he says "a Remington"
>[internal screaming].avi
>calmly explain how manufactures make different models to a approx 45 year old man
>"well which one has the rebate?"
>he pulls out a folded rebate form that clearly says "all remington shotguns, pistols and rifles."
>I tell him it's any of them
>"ok, I'll take the cheapest one."
>"which caliber, they all cost the same"
>for the love of God, don't say "a remington"
>"uhhhh does it come in 30.06?"
>"yep, how about a scope?"
>"is there a rebate on the scope too?!"
>"no but I will give you 10%off"
>"deal"
>spend a few mins picking a scope
>ring out and do paperwork
>>
>>33764734
--------Joke------------>
Your head.
>>
>>33764667
>How the fuck these guys manage to stay in business (sometimes for years?!) is beyond my understanding?
i. legally entrenched with special privileges, see GCA 68
ii. Casual gun owners who feel they don't spend enough to justify learning enough to do it themselves.
iii. Casual gun owners who don't want to learn themselves.
iv. people who want a gun shop experience
v. old guys who just want someone to talk to
vi. Some LGS can actually be helpful.
vii. indoor ranges
viii. most don't stay in business
>>
>>33767970

You sound like a good person, it's important we get as many people into firearms as possible so we have the votes on our side
>>
>>33768504
Was it a Remington brand scope?
>>
Every "salesperson" I meet is retarded. "Yeah I'd like the Galaxy S5". "Well for an extra fifty you can do the S6." "Yeah, not for me. But thanks for the offer." <proceeds to offer for another five minutes until I have to inform him I didn't ask for this life>. Only decent ones I've met are 70+ year old grandpa tier dudes at gat shops who just say "Take your time." then say "good choice."
>>
>>33764392

>You wanna go where they all meme,
>just shitpost, and complain
>You wanna go where nobody knows your name
>>
>>33760874
I dont get it
>>
>>33756890
I don't think their all they're cracked up to be myself, but if you want to be a glockfag by all means!
>>
>>33768674
he picked a cheap redfield.
Had another one like this a few weeks ago where a guy (basketball American) asked for "a m1911". I said we have sigs, Remingtons, rugers, kimbers and Thompson.
*clicks tounge*"naw son, a m1911"
Explain to him how everyone and their mother makes 1911s
"Bruh, itsa .45 Colt m1911 , like the army uses!"
"We are out of stock right now"
"When yous gettin more"
"Probably never"
>>
>>33756062

>I don't know how retail works, the thread.

that being said, OP the guy you were dealing with was an amateur salesman and is bad at his job. Seems like he was trying to push a product that he personally likes over what you already expressed interest in.

A good salesman would have shown you the glock you asked for, sold you a gen 4 MOS (because more expensive), a holster, some ammo/targets, have you seriously considering that 1911 and have you completely convinced you got a good deal.
>>
File: Colt_M45A1_CQBP-520x245.jpg (58KB, 520x245px) Image search: [Google]
Colt_M45A1_CQBP-520x245.jpg
58KB, 520x245px
>>33768788
You're really bad at this.
You could have easily sold him a Colt-brand Colt 1911 just like the Marines use if you hadn't been such a sperg.
>>
>>33764108
Then he'll just go to another store and find someone who wants to have his money.
>>
I have no idea why you guys are such cunts.

>>33767841
"Sure sir, our glocks are right over here."

>>33768504
"These are our Remington rifles, shottys are on the back wall, and remshit pistols are in the counter."

>>33768788
"Here are the 1911's but unfortunately we dont have the colt brand ones in stock right now"
>>
>>33770081
>I have no idea why you guys are such cunts.
wheredoyouthinkyouare.jpg
>>
>>33769153
>Selling to a dindu
>>
>>33756062
Sounds like he was just trying to be nice since most old guys are generally more polite and nicer then young punks these days and you sound like an ungrateful bastard.
>>
I used to think selling guns was fun and easy work

turns out it isn't

>retards from all over the country and beyond calling about shit
>have website, people keep calling "..uhm I have seen on your website that..."
>retards getting talked into shit by people at the range
>people wanting obscure shit that isn't even in stock anywhere on the planet
>SIGfags
>wholesale dealers and importers too stupid to be considered an intelligent species
>manufacturers not making enough stuff
>>
>>33761192
>Uniform is track suit
> Mandatory vodka drinking

A man can dream
>>
>>33761192
Dont forget the Dragondildoes
>>
File: image.jpg (39KB, 362x358px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
39KB, 362x358px
>>33770081
How am I being a cunt? I just asked what gun he wanted to see.
>>
>>33771823
>not helping blacks murder each other
America will never be great again with that attitude.
Thread posts: 107
Thread images: 15

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.