[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is it worth getting and SMG if it isn't in full auto? Would

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 8

File: zenithmp5.jpg (3MB, 3239x1891px) Image search: [Google]
zenithmp5.jpg
3MB, 3239x1891px
Is it worth getting and SMG if it isn't in full auto? Would a semi auto mp5 (for example) take away all the fun of an mp5? I really want an SMG but I figure I should wait until (hopefully) full autos get easier to obtain in the US.
>>
You'll be waiting until your dead then.
>>
>>33749876
>wait until (hopefully) full autos get easier to obtain in the US.

good luck with that one...
>>
>>33749876
You want a full auto MP5, you go live in Pakistan
>>
Semi auto is better in most cases anyway. You can finger fuck the trigger fast enough that it's like a controlled full auto and good luck waiting on cheaper US prices. Unless you want full auto for the sake of it then be happy with semi.
>>
>>33749887
>>33749921
>>33749961
Its not that much of a dream, it could very well happen and happen soon.
>>
>>33749992
Thanks for actually answering the question. So do you think that the functionality of an SMG rely on other things than just full auto?
>>
If that is what you want man get it. I got the Zenith mp5k and I have no regrets. Hell I even want to buy more. Throw on a "Brace" and then drop the money on a binary trigger for it and you basically have a legal full auto. Binary triggers for hk style firearms should be dropping by the end of this year.
>>
File: Top Ka ka.jpg (34KB, 320x315px) Image search: [Google]
Top Ka ka.jpg
34KB, 320x315px
>>33750016
no
>>
>>33750053
Full auto guns will become easier to get and if it doesn't happen soon than it will happen slowly over time. Fuck off with your libtard anime shit.
>>
File: You are retarded.png (1MB, 1079x950px) Image search: [Google]
You are retarded.png
1MB, 1079x950px
>>33750065
>Full auto guns will become easier to get and if it doesn't happen soon than it will happen slowly over time.

You are delusional.

Pmurt is not going to be the firearms messiah and the republicucks are not going to repeal the hughes amendment let alone the NFA.

>Fuck off with your libtard anime shit.
No
>>
>>33750088
>No le drumpfie
Lmao nice argument you stupid weeaboo. Stay mad.
>>
>>33750103
Still waiting for the argument
>>
File: 1467221295289.gif (3MB, 400x244px) Image search: [Google]
1467221295289.gif
3MB, 400x244px
>>33749876
It's a fun little bug zapper. It carries a particular combative niche, which is hosing shit down at point blank range. The big proboscis of a 16" barrel you're going to have and lack of FA is going to neuter that.

I mean, I had JR Carbine (Glock mag 9mm blaster) and it was cool as shit. But it was only cool. A rifle is way more practical.
>>
File: NOMOM.jpg (101KB, 601x785px) Image search: [Google]
NOMOM.jpg
101KB, 601x785px
>>33750111
My argument is purely opinion based and I am not here to argue opinions. I am here to discuss SMGs and you are just entertaining me while I wait for actual discussion.
>>
>>33749876
A semi auto MP5 is fully pointless. It's basically no worse than a full size 9mm pistol at everything without its full auto capability.
>>
>>33750123
Yea I figured that semi auto only would do that. Guess I am going to buy a PTR or something instead.
>>
>>33750132
>My argument is purely opinion based

So you are retarded, is the sentiment you are attempting to convey?
>>
>>33750145
>you are retarded
go ahead, keep feeding into it
>>
>>33750016
>enlist TODAY
>~14 weeks of ITB
>~3 weeks of Airborne
>~4 weeks SFPC/SOPC/PRESFAS what ever it is at the moment
>~4 weeks SFAS
>~18 months SFQC

During that last 18 months, assuming your a Bravo, you'll get to shoot your precious little MP5. Not exactly what I would call soon.

Or just find a rent to shoot FA range or an FA meet up. Probably more reasonable.
>>
>>33750151
Thank you for permission, faggot-kun
>>
>>33750161
>rent to shoot FA range
I live in the sticks but I am sure the drive would be worth it to hold me over until I can purchase one for myself. Thanks for the idea friendo.
>>
Semi auto SMGs are not pointless. My go to HD is an SBR Scorpion. With stock extended and suppressor it's no longer than an SBR AR and it's lighter. FA is next to useless outside of military/offensive police exercises (and even then it's requirement is dubious).

And I hate to piss on your parade, but FAs are never going to be easier to acquire (legally) in the US. The NRA will not take up this fight, nor will elected representatives and in fact most FA owners will side with keeping the current highly regulated status as many owners bought them as an investment. Like someone already suggested go to an MG shoot (Knob Creek, for example) or a range that rents them. If you have to own one start saving towards north of 20k and that's conservative. You can always look at getting a class III dealer license, but that's the most difficult of options I'm presenting you with. The vocabulary you're using and your thick headed attitude though point out that your IQ is just north of room temp so you'll likely call me a libtard or a cuck so I'm not sure why I'm waisting my time replying to you...
>>
File: 1467556816175.jpg (45KB, 262x394px) Image search: [Google]
1467556816175.jpg
45KB, 262x394px
>>33750172
He пpoблeмa
>>
>>33749876
Always wanted a fully automatic UZI. Possible to get one in Belgium but that's a lot of paperwork/money. From what I've seen on the range it looks disappointing in semi ... I wouldn't put all that money on a semi SMG imo. The CZ Evo looks cool tough, seems like it has enough accuracy to be fun to shoot in semi only.
>>
>>33750046

Not him, but I do have shooting experience from almost a dozen SMG designs and have trained their use a couple of times. Full auto fire capacity is an essential part of SMG concept, but how fun or useful their semi-auto-only versions are depends the exact SMG design. IMO Most SMG designs just are not that effective or fun without full-auto, but MP5 is one of the rare exceptions in which semi-auto-only is almost as good as the real deal. Namely it is very easy to shoot fast & accurate from short range, while the design is more of a police weapon than a military one and hence not as field-worthy as many other SMGs, as long as one keeps adding oil they can run though an impressive pile of ammo without being cleaned.

If you get one, try to get German-manufactured 30-round "banana" mags for it - they seem to be most reliable. Also be aware that the effective shooting technique differ quite a bit from the normal rifle shooting stance, hence if you get one, spending some time learning the proper technique is highly recommended.
>>
>>33750325
Any tips for the uzi?
>>
>>33750325
Wow really appreciate all that.
>>
>>33750387

I have rather limited experience about UZI, but IMO it is pretty much in other end of the spectrum. I would not bother getting one in semi-auto-only. Trigger is pretty bad, sight radius short and I did not like the ergonomics.
>>
>>33750325
Does hk even make a semi auto mp5?
>>
>>33750275
> look at getting a class III dealer license, but that's the most difficult of options I'm presenting you with

Not OP, but can you elaborate? I am planning on going into the firearms design field so this seams somewhat feasible.
>>
>>33749876
One option is to put a slidefire stock on a 9mm SBR
>>
>>33750139
The fuck are you talking about you dumb faggot?

>delayed blowback
>full stock
>full handguard
>long sight radius
>large magazines
It has every advantage over a pistol when it comes to sheer firepower and controllability, even semi-auto only.
>>
>>33749876
Just get a 9mm ar15 Sbx and an echo trigger.
>>
>>33750763
Yes, the old HK94 and SP89, as well as the later SP5.

The old ones are pretty legit but I wouldn't bother with the SP5, they charge out the fucking ass for it, the Pakistani POF clones undercut them pretty hard.
>>
>>33749876
I have an Mpx in a similar config to pic related and yes it's fun as hell to shoot.

Full auto is never going to be easier to obtain. It's just going to get more and more expensive. It's already not worth doing unless you have fuck you money.
>>
File: 14586755672331.jpg (149KB, 800x820px) Image search: [Google]
14586755672331.jpg
149KB, 800x820px
>>33750065
>Fuck off with your libtard anime shit.
>>
>>33750861
You'd need an FFL license with the, I think, class 06 manufacturing option. Just look at an FFL application for the correct info. As for laws, I'm not a lawyer.
>>
>>33749876

go get one

i have a mp5, and the B&T apc45 and p26, all semi with arm braces. i dont have any childish delusions about their "tactical purposes", they are purely for range fun and serve that purpose very well
>>
>>33751237
>the Pakistani POF clones undercut them pretty hard?
What about the other clones? I know Zenith is the current hotness for civilian MP5s, but what are all the big names and how do they stack up to each other?
Thread posts: 40
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.