[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I want to get onto skeleton hunting but don't know where

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 11

File: Imageresizer.jpg (231KB, 3000x3000px) Image search: [Google]
Imageresizer.jpg
231KB, 3000x3000px
I want to get onto skeleton hunting but don't know where to start

obviously guns are less than ideal considering the target lacks any sort of soft meaty bits, so I'm thinking the best way to destroy them would be a sledge followed up by burning the bones?

for that matter, what kind of areas are the best to hunt in? a few friends of mine from out of state say they have pretty good luck in swamps, but there aren't many near me, just wetlands mostly

and do wild (uncontrolled) skeletons ever possess weapons beyond rocks and sticks? I'll probably wear a good helmet regardless, but I'd prefer to avoid weighing myself down with chain if they're just going to be throwing shit at me

any ideas?
>>
wut
>>
File: caw.jpg (143KB, 2800x2144px) Image search: [Google]
caw.jpg
143KB, 2800x2144px
>>33748789
Load a 12 gauge with heavy buckshot and ball-n-chain. Slugs if going for headshots. In case of unholy, pack salt rounds and Russian holy water blessed grenades. Pack a mace as a melee, also get it blessed by a Russian.

Personally forest, you do not want to get swarmed in urban. Pack riot gear if you do so and have backup.
>>
Are you hunting for trophies, or staging a cull?

Shotguns are sound advice, but prime skelly hunting is in dungeons and crypts. A Taurus Judge could actually be useful here, due to lower noise.

You will likely come against some swords and axes, and they're not likely to be clean. Tetanus shots and disinfectants all around.
>>
>>33748858
> you do not want to get swarmed in urban

I've heard some horror stories about the undercrofts in Paris before they banned hunting them, no way in hell I'll going into a hole with skeletons in it, I'm just sick of them spooking all the deer away from my property
>>
File: IMG_7539.jpg (4MB, 4320x3240px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_7539.jpg
4MB, 4320x3240px
>>33748789
I only trust my flanged mace for this kind of business, pic related, my baby.
>>
Ok, this all sound advice, but what if I run into a ghost skeleton?
>>
Guns are fine, just bring .22 and aim for the head. The bullet will rattle around inside the skull and break it apart.
>>
>>33748919
You mean a skeleton ghost.

Buddhist or Catholic priest should do the trick. Otherwise, you run.
>>
Sledgehammers are ideal, you're on the right track. Anything bludgeoning is going to put in some work, and you might want to consider a hacksaw for breaking down/torturing skellies. Bone-burning is left up to you; it's fun, but there are some other methods of purification if you don't want to mess with fire.

The thing with skellies is that they're able to adapt to a wide variety of regions. True, swamps are a good place to find them, but desert canyons, seaside caves, and deep parts of forests can also be fine places to hunt for bonefolk.

Weapons are tricky. True, skelobones only really have enough intelligence to swing something around or throw things, but the weapons will vary based on the environment and the weaponry the skelly wielded before its demise. Beware of rusty metal weapons - and not just the standard sword. Depending on the region, some bonebois may be packing spears, axes, or even cargo hooks. You should prep your protection accordingly depending on the hunting ground.

The main thing to keep in mind when hunting skeletons are to either separate them and pick them off, or to make them come at you through a bottleneck if fighting a group. Never underestimate a pack of skeletons; if they get you on open ground, they can easily mob you.
>>
>>33748919
Well, you'd usually want to pick Artanis or Dehaka against a Leoric. Don't underestimate the value of a Diamond+ Leoric. He'll fuck you up if you're not careful.
>>
>>33748929
10/10
>>
>>33748789
>and do wild (uncontrolled) skeletons ever possess weapons beyond rocks and sticks?
they will hold you down and bone ya
i have seen it happen never ran faster in my life
>>
File: image.jpg (251KB, 1180x787px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
251KB, 1180x787px
>>
>>33748904
I one time heard they head to melee in an underground catacomb to avoiding setting off the methane build up.

Jesus, at times you would just hear screaming on the radio, and by the time you get there, there's nothing left to save.

At least in the undercrofts you can swing overhead without fear of sparking something.
>>
File: Griswold.jpg (18KB, 305x279px) Image search: [Google]
Griswold.jpg
18KB, 305x279px
>>33748789
If you're looking for a good weapon, let me show this to you. Take your basic blunt weapon, such as a mace. Works like a charm against most of those undying horrors down there, and there's nothing better to shatter skinny little skeletons!
>>
File: 1475506183544.gif (1011KB, 500x394px) Image search: [Google]
1475506183544.gif
1011KB, 500x394px
>bullying skeletons
>>
>this fucking thread
>>
>>33750218
t. Skeleton
>>
Should I bother silver plating my mace?

This old man at the tavern told me he only uses silver plated weapons during skelly season.

Every skelly i've knocked on the noggin dropped right there.
>>
>>33750340
might have something to do with neutralizing the bones themselves so they don't get back up, but this is only an issue in the most extended skirmishes

guy probably knows what he's talking about, probably seen some real action if he insists on silver
>>
>>33748789

000 buck out of a shotgun, you're welcome.
>>
File: 20170419_162445.jpg (1MB, 2560x1440px) Image search: [Google]
20170419_162445.jpg
1MB, 2560x1440px
I find peeps milk to be a great lure the sweetness mixed with the daily dose of calcium is something even lactose intolerant skelis cant resist
>>
File: 1483296627004.png (616KB, 632x738px) Image search: [Google]
1483296627004.png
616KB, 632x738px
>>33748789
>trying to hunt what's already inside you
Better start now by breaking all your bones to show the skellerman within who's boss, so it doesn't get any ideas
>>
>>33748789
Get a dog dog like bone
>>
Not becoming undead nato skeleton that haunts the dreams of commies
>>
this thread is bad and you should feel bad
>>
>>33752473
Patriotisim lives on after death. Serve in the us skelly corps.
>>
>>33752491
You can even fight for amwrica in space . Report to your nearest skelly recruiter.
We have many jobs that will train you for various post military jobs and have great veterans benifits.
>>
>>33752489
>being such a newfag you don't 'member spoopy-skellerman threads and all their greatness
>>
Spookiest thread on /k/ rn
>>
>>33748789
I know that this is not something I am supposed to talk about. But I saw it, and now I can't stop thinking about it.

>Be innawoods
>Be creepin on skellies
>Hear that rattle
>Look all around
>Nothing
>rattle.wav
>Start moving slowly back to the main road
>rattle.wav
>I get close enough to see the road
>RATTLE.FLAC
>Look up into trees
>Foliage has only started to come in
>No way the canopy is that thick
>No way it is moving like that on a still night
>RATTLECORE.MP4
>run to car
>get in
>Even the keys rattle
>It's just a branch that fell on the roof andohgodpleasestart

Now, climbing and deliberately playing with their prey I understand. Thing is, I could swear that I saw some running after me when I drove away. Skellies aren't supposed to run.

Anyone else ever see a pack act all...willful like that. It has me spooked.

>>33750211
I needed a smile. Thanks.
Thread posts: 32
Thread images: 11

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.