[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

If you can't own a gun for whatever reasons there may be,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 2

File: CS88HNHa.jpg (36KB, 1413x675px) Image search: [Google]
CS88HNHa.jpg
36KB, 1413x675px
If you can't own a gun for whatever reasons there may be, is a sword the next best thing?
>>
>>33747166
A pipe bomb.
>>
>>33747166
>Not a pole arm

Absolutely peasant.
>>
>>33747181
Kinda ineffective in close quarters.
>>
>>33747166
No. Get a big ass crossbow, and/or a black powder replica firearm if you're allowed to have that.
>>
Knife is next best thing, concealable and has utilitarian uses.

If you want something for HD and are not worried about carrying it around, a short spear is optimum for choke points like doorways and hallways, baseball bat is easier to explain in court though
>>
>>33747418
>short spear
this tbqh
sword < spear < gun < pipe bomb
>>
>>33747181
>>33747418
>>33747420
Spears can be grabbed, bypassed, etc. Especially if you're not trained with a spear, stressed out in your first combat situation, not determined enough to stab the guy as he closes, etc. A sword cannot be grabbed, is far easier to use at any distance and far harder to disable.
>>
https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00569AD16/ref=mp_s_a_1_7?ie=UTF8&qid=1493042977&sr=8-7&pi=AC_SX236_SY340_FMwebp_QL65&keywords=speargun&dpPl=1&dpID=21taps2JMNL&ref=plSrch.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B003ZZBPLA/ref=mp_s_a_1_5?ie=UTF8&qid=1493043076&sr=8-5&pi=AC_SX236_SY340_QL65&keywords=spear+head&dpPl=1&dpID=41n1j4VWRML&ref=plSrch
Go fishing a couple times and take pics . Make it easy to explain. and all the sudden you have a viable reason to have a deadly weapon combination. Maybe shoot speargun, drop it, stab short spear, maybe also have a knife on you. In case they get too close
>>
>>33747700
Nigga, history has proven the exact opposite to be true, swords were a sidearm for just about every pre-firearm military
>>
>>33747908
spears were widely used because they were cheap and simple (literally a sharp stick). The only time they outshine a sword is in something like a phalanx formation.
>>
>>33747928
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l2YgGY_OBx8
>>
>>33747896
The idea would be to wound with the spear gun, because of the shape of the spear it it can't be taken out without ripping a ton of flesh, so it will serve as a detterent or something that you can grab onto, whack, or pull out , push in. It's not going to shoot that far but if someone's in your house your probably going to be shooting them at around 15 feet anyway.theb your to have a short spear so your attacker is forced to keep a distance from you, and if need be you have a knife if your opponent is able to press through the spear gun and polearm.
Also speargun v. Cross bow, it all depends on your countries laws. I think some countries count crossbows as guns but spear guns aren't I don't know. But the spear gun would be easy to load and lighter and your not going to be taking people on at 50+m
Sorry if bad spelling or grammar I am drunk
>>
>>33747908
Yeah but this way he has sporting tools for a legitimate reason, doesn't sound as premeditated as a baseball bat with nails in it or a combat kuhkri. Also stabbing someone with a spear is less hard to learn than how to properly swordplay.
>>
Yeah, pretty much.

It's pretty easy to carry and a versatile weapon.

I prefer an axe though.
>>33747908
And you cc a rifle everywhere you go?

A spear is fucking cumbersome.
>>
>>33747166

The next best thing that's not an earlier version of a real gun is a bow, if you can use it properly.
>>
>>33748080
Are you saying you're gonna CC a fucking sword?
>>
>>33748080

>And you cc a rifle everywhere you go?

get a load of this faggot
what are you gonna do when shit goes down? pack your tiny ass pistol in your shoulder holster and head out with 2 mags?

>not carrying the whole SHTF arsenal everywhere u go
>>
>>33748096
I cannot cc a sword, but I can easily carry it with a scabbard at the hip.
>>
>>33748114
And look like a complete autist doing so
>>
>>33748152
Not in medieval era.
>>
>>33748161
Yes, and? OP is obviously asking for an HD weapon that isn't a gun, so we're not talking about the medieval era here.
>>
>>33748182
OP is not asking for weapon that is best outside of the gun, and that is simply the sword, because it is versatile, cheap, and you can easily carry it around.

Have fun trying to carry a spear everywhere you go.
>>
>>33748190
>OP is asking for weapon that is best outside of the gun*
>>
You guys haven't even argued about nunchucks, yet. Time's a wastin'.
>>
>>33748190
I was talking about legal (?) Home defense options that don't look like you were planning on and hoping to hurt someone with. EDC/OC/CC is a whole nother ball game and it depends on legality of your state.
I'd probably open carry an axe because of how easy they are to use, also a good axe is easier to come by then a good or I'd conceal carry a 7 or 8 inch thin dagger. All depending on laws.
>>
>>33748228
If we are really following modern laws then sure, an axe is the best.
>>
>>33748206
The Nunchaku is a deadly weapon that is to be feared be any Neanderthal weilding a firearm.
>>
>>33747700
Test this out. Have your friend get a broom stick, and have him lunge at you with all of his force, and see if you can grab it or move out of the way
>>
crossbow

or a black powder revolver, since it's not really a "gun"
>>
>>33748190
If that's what he's asking than a sword is the wrong answer, the best answer is a poleaxe
>>
>>33747166
Assuming you live in some terrifying reality where the gun has been uninvented, then yes, a sword is your next best choice if you're looking for something to carry on your person while you're going about your day.

Spears may have been used as a primary battlefield weapon, but they're very clumsy to carry around, especially indoors. Something like a longsword or a rapier can hang conveniently at your hip in a scabbard as was done for hundreds of years. It keeps the sword out of the way and leaves both hands free. Swords are also a more versatile weapon compared to spears, offering better cutting capacity in some cases, more hand protection, and again depending on the sword, more armor defeating capacity.

Gitting gud would definitely be more important, though. Anyone can plug a target at 10 yards with a pistol. Winning a fight with a sword requires more practice and skill, especially if you don't want to get cut yourself.

Fortunately, guns do exist, so you can spend that extra training time watching anime or arguing about traps on the internet.
>>
>>33747908
Being in a formation, with a shield (or a very long spear aka pike), in a clear and obvious fight, having received (at least a minimum amount of) training voids every point I'm making. You don't have any of these in a hd situation.
>>33748274
>stressed out in your first combat situation, not determined enough to stab the guy as he closes
My point is literally that you won't lunge at someone like that. It's easier doing it when failure will not kill you and success will not (potentially) send you into prison.
Thread posts: 33
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.