[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Just moved to the people's republic of Illinois. No where

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

File: ZT 0200.jpg (106KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
ZT 0200.jpg
106KB, 1280x720px
Just moved to the people's republic of Illinois. No where near Chicago. I've got firearms laws sorted out, but fuck me if none of my pocket-knives are below the 3" blade law.

Any good but budget-friendly suggestions? I'm looking for a sturdy folder with good edge retention. Also it's good to see you again /k/omrades.
>>
>>33743450
Literally any pocket folder for under $30 and you're set.
>>
Cold Steel gets a lot of shit for making some mall ninja-tier memeknives, but they also make some good-quality practical folders in a large range of sizes. The Mini Recon 1 is a really nice one, with a blade length of 3 inches on the nose, and goes for about $80-90 retail. I'd say that's a good option.
>>
>>33743565
I don't call 80-90 USD budget, especially when I'm being state-law constrained.

>>33743549
As I cook I can honestly say that steel varies so heavily on the heat treatment. Two blades out of the same line don't come out the same thanks to cost-cutting.
>>
>>33743450
>fuck me if none of my pocket-knives are below the 3" blade law
Where is the law that states that?
It's just that above 3" it's considered a Class II weapon, but not illegal.
I've lived in Illinois my whole life and the only thing that I know is illegal is switchblades.
>And I've carried one for the last 20 years anyway, without issue.

http://www.knifeup.com/illinois-knife-law/

>You can also carry dirks, razors, daggers, stilettos, and “dangerous knives” all you want as long as you do not have the intent of harming another person.

So as long as you don't intend to harm someone, it's perfectly legal.
>>
>>33743684
If all you want is some cheapshit folder that will fall apart after a year, you can find a million of them at a swap meet. You don't need our advice for that.
>>
>>33743684
You're going to prepare meat with the same knife you use to clean your nails, cut open boxes, do other shit with?
>>
>>33743746
>>33743684
>>33743565
Cold Steel focuses on durability and usability.
Under 100 for a knife that isn't useless is a fantastic deal to be honest.

I own a Voyager XL and a Talwar 4inch.
I got the Talwar on ebay from a Pawn shop for 60 bucks almost new, honestly cannot complain for any reason.

I tried forever not to be a cold steel fan but god damn the value and durability and usability of these knives are fuckin sweet.
>>
Yup the 3" crap used to be only for Cook county..You know ...Muh rights.

Carry what you want..And don't worry
>>
File: 0.jpg (18KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
0.jpg
18KB, 480x360px
>>33743450
Spyderco Chicago
>>
>>33743774
Only if you're a horrifying prick about a simple question.

>>33743723
>>33743822
I feel uneasy, but thank you.
>>
>>33743866
>the quality of the steel is a severe factor when buying a $30 pocket folder
>I need master crafted surgical steel for my pocket knife
Do you plan on using it or just hanging it on your pocket as a fashion statement?
>>
>>33743450
>Just moved to the people's republic of Illinois. No where near Chicago. I've got firearms laws sorted out, but fuck me if none of my pocket-knives are below the 3" blade law.

Illinoisfag here, I carry a knife with over a 3" blade daily it's not a big deal. If for some reason you are searched do not tell them it is for self defense. Tell them it is for utility use like cutting boxes and there will be no problems. A friend of mine used to carry a big fixed blade buck knife with blood allover it on his belt during hunting season.

I carry a Ontario RAT1 and give no fucks.
>>
>>33743923
Using it. But I see this place has become some vainglorious wankfest; so asking for the best budget items is screaming I'm a peasant spit on me.
>>
>>33743990
As long as you don't use it as a hammer, a pry bar, or sharpen it extra thin, a $30 knife will do everything a $100 knife will do except have a sticker that says its from a certain company.
>>
Also, spend the money on a Benchmade..Or go under $100 and get a Gerber..The spring assistance FAST opener.They make a folder Fairbairn type Tha has flippable clip in case you are a southpaw. Gerber is a good value. But yeah..Don't worry..Just pocket it with the clip out..Watch for others..You will be amazed at how many people carry a knife and gun in that f'd up state.
>>
>>33743450
IT'S NOT ILLEGAL TO CARRY KNIVES OVER 3"

it's illegal to carry knaves over 3" for malicious purposes
carry whatever knife
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.