[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How can I integrate my self into gun culture? How do I talk

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 6

File: 1486244383902.png (145KB, 776x991px) Image search: [Google]
1486244383902.png
145KB, 776x991px
How can I integrate my self into gun culture?

How do I talk like a gun enthusiast? What is the basic lingo? What are the must-know guns? What are the social faux-pas? How can I make other gun enthusiasts respect me?
>>
Bump. Where do I start? I want to defend the Republic when the time comes.

Also - I'm an American living in Italy. I'll be there for 2 more years. Anyone know if it's worth getting a rifle out there, or if it's even possible?
>>
just go look up some youtube videos and leave /k/
>>
Get guns, talk about them, and don't call out fuddlore. You'll have plenty of people hyped to talk guns with (or to) you, regardless of how knowledgeable you are
>>
Why can't I use a competition rifle for everyday self defense?
>>
>>33737577
Learn from them, meet them, talk to them, don't try to BS yourself.
Ar-15/M16/M4 and so on is important to know
Differentiate AK styles. Not everything is a 47.
Learn those and then just browse looking for guns n shit, /k/ actually talks about a fair amount. Google cartridges and find out new guns chambered in xmm by ymm
Never muzzle sweep
Learn and don't be a dick.
>>
File: 5801.jpg (36KB, 825x160px) Image search: [Google]
5801.jpg
36KB, 825x160px
>>33737577
Watch forgotten weapons on YouTube
Watch inrange tv on YouTube
Watch small arms solutions on YouTube
Go to the indoor range and rent a small caliber firearm (I.e don't rent a model 500) and have a range officer tell you how to load it and aim and fire it
>>
>>33737577

piss off you antifa fuckup
>>
>>33737639
carrying a slung rifle everywhere tends to draw attention. Unless you just sit at home all day then go for it I guess. if I had to pick one and my rifle was just as accessible as my pistol I'd pick the rifle every time.

Holy shit I have to DRAW AROUND signs now for captcha? This shit is so hard
>>
>>33737639
Competition guns usually have really light triggers, so I'd suggest against using them for self defense . Not to mention that your expensive gun is going to get confiscated as evidence if you don't live in a castle doctrine state.
>>
>>33737577
how about you act like a normal human being and mind your own businese.
"integrate my self into gun culture""talk like a gun enthusiast""social faux-pas""make other gun enthusiasts respect me" sounds like you are trying to pretend to be a gun owner so you can shoot up a school or something and stir up political shit
>>
The prerequisite is joining the army infantry at 17 years old and being deployed. Otherwise, no one will respect you and you'll never be in on the jokes and lingo. Sorry.
>>
File: Hand_Loader.png (15KB, 190x190px) Image search: [Google]
Hand_Loader.png
15KB, 190x190px
>>33737577
>How can I integrate my self into gun culture?
Start buying guns and discussing it with others.

>How do I talk like a gun enthusiast?
Say you like guns. Develop a heavy Southern or Western accent. Be middle class. Watch gun grandpa videos https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3VHTUG-VpWA . Develop a basic understanding of how guns work (what is the receiver, what's the difference between long and short stroke, piston vs direct impingement, recoil operation vs gas operation, types of bullets.) (bonus points: understand how to reload round / machine homemade firearms)

>What is the basic lingo?
American English with some military slang.

>What are the must-know guns?
Trigger discipline, B.R.A.S.S.,

>What are the social faux-pas?
Being an autistic mutant. Mistaking clip for magazines and vise versa. Mistaking rounds and bullets for the same thing (no one really cares about that anymore). Not using proper terminology.

>How can I make other gun enthusiasts respect me?
By not being that guy who shitposts on 4chan or IRL as well as contributing to the discussion meaningfully. Being respectful to others. Being willing to listen to others.
>>
>How can I integrate my self into gun culture?

Rent some guns and shoot them, maybe buy a gun, watch some gun videos like Hickock45.

>What is the basic lingo?

There are some videos you can find online that will help you learn the difference between a semi-auto rifle and an ASS-SALT RIFLE-15.

For this board, it's a lot of soviet guns. Mosin Nagant, SKS, Makarov. You should also know AR15, the AK platform, and probably the Ruger 10/22.

>What are the social faux-pas?

Being too far on any one end of the spectrum. Don't be a tacticool mall ninja, but don't be a fudd either.

>How can I make other gun enthusiasts respect me?

Don't be an idiot when handling guns, don't go out of your way to be misinformed, and don't be a fanboy of any one gun and claim all other guns are inferior.
>>
>>33737577

>11 replies
>not one of them has been "lurk moar"

Wow, this place really has gone to shit. OP, lurk more before posting again and you'll start to get it.
>>
File: 1490409460946.jpg (99KB, 680x1015px) Image search: [Google]
1490409460946.jpg
99KB, 680x1015px
>>33738065
>Trigger discipline, B.R.A.S.S., N.D.

Derp, I took that as must-knows of handling guns.

Anyhow, AR-15 and her clones, any AK that isn't an AK47, AUG, SCAR, Tavor X95, Remington 700, Remington 870, Mossberg 500, Ithaca 37, generic Glock, CZ75, Sig Saucer, Mosin Nagant, Mauser, Lee Enfield, M1 Carbine, M1 Garand, M14, Beretta 92, Ruger 10-22, Ruger MK III, S&W 29, S&W 500, Henry Rifle, Marlin 30-30, Dragnov, FN FAL, FN P90, MP5, HK33, G3, [insert obscure Russian bullpup].

Probably a lot more, but that's what I got off the top of my head.
>>
>>33737577
>This is what Linuxfags actually believe
>>
>>33737577
It's unfortunate that 4chan has gone away from saying this. The old saying still applies: fuckin' LURK MOAR!

Lurk here, and google-search guns and terminology you aren't familiar with. Read the sticky and browse the wiki. Also, watch Hickok45 on Youtube.

When you meet hasgunz, be honest. We like introducing newbies, as long as they're respectful and not obnoxious. Remember, we actively want to spread gun knowledge and culture to more people, because that helps them vote against gun control later on.
>>
>>33738133
I'd add Henry Martini, SA80, Sturmgewehr 44.
>>
>>33737577
I would start with autism treatment if I were you.
>>
>>33738022
90% chance he's an antifa faggot.
>>
what is B.R.A.S.S.
>>
>>33738370
OP here im a libertarian
>>
>>33738519
Ah, so you're an annoying shit.
>>
>>33738519
Libertarians tend to catch a lot of shit on this board for no reason--the LP is actually more strongly pro-gun than the Republicans are. But I understand why--I'm Libertarian too and I can't stand most of my own party. If you go on endlessly about how taxation is theft and anyone who disagrees is a filthy statist, you're a crackpot and you're giving us a bad name.
>>
>>33738821
>Libertarians tend to catch a lot of shit on this board for no reason
Only since the /pol/ explosion and since 4chan became a normalfag haven.
>>
File: 1492459272953.jpg (30KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
1492459272953.jpg
30KB, 640x480px
>>33738664
Wanna talk about roads?
>>
File: 1459133006666.jpg (24KB, 360x335px) Image search: [Google]
1459133006666.jpg
24KB, 360x335px
>>33737577
Same way you'd integrate into any other culture: be interested in the subject matter and learn more about it over time.

Now get the fuck out.
>>
>>33738022
This. Normal people know you don't get accepted into a community right away. Spies, undercover cops and shit stirrers need to be up to speed right away.
>>
>>33738887
No, because down that path lies insanity and ridiculous logic.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=QCozh_vbYdM
>>
>>33738879
Ever since Gary "A leppo" Johnson actually
>>
>>33737577
Learn to keep a straight face, nod understandingly, and feign respect while listening to a 60 some odd year old man with a HS education spout stormfront propaganda about how he had to buy this new gun so he'd be ready for the next time "they" get all uppity again.
>>
>>33740049
this is why i hate going to gunshows
>>
Join the armed forces

guaranteed replies
>>
>>33737577
You'll naturally get better as you gain experience. Don't worry too much about talking to people who know more than you. When I was younger and spoke to someone much more experienced than me in firearms they were always very enthusiastic to share their knowledge.
>>
>>33740007
I know, which is unfortunate. That shouldn't have made as big a difference as it did. Yes, it was a stupid fuckup, but the fact is he still did a really good job when he actually held office, and he had a decent moderate-Libertarian platform.

My one argument for Johnson is simply that I want America to be run the way he ran NM when he was governor.
>>
>>33738223
>they are wrong
>>
How do I blend in with humans? What do they commonly dress? How do they greet each other? How do I earn their trust?

That's what you sound like.
>>
>>33740164
Johnson was garbage all around. You're delusional if you think otherwise. He would have buttfucked 2A and you know it.
>>
>>33740806
Still better than Clinton or Trump
>>
>>33737605
Not possible unless you're a citizen, or are affiliated with the Mafia.
>>
>>33737577
LURK MOAR
don't dry fire other people's guns
read some shit, shoot some shit, read some more.
>>
>>33740806
Why does everyone say that? There's no reason to think he would have buttfucked the 2A. Yes, he had anti-gun positions in the past, but seems quite indifferent on the gun issue overall, and he'd be under such pressure from his party that he'd sign pro-gun bills and veto gun control just to keep them happy.

All the anti-Johnson camp dodges the argument about NM. What do you say to that? Would you not be happy with a Presidency that behaved like his governorship of NM?

I also believe he's genuinely against corruption. Trump claimed to be, Drain the Swamp and all that, but he doesn't seem to be following through with that very well... and he's playing a whole hell of a lot of golf.

I really think right-libertarians make up reasons to dislike him just because they dislike his personality, and he's so pro-drugs.
>>
Don't ask /k/. Go find a gun guy and tell him you want to get into guns. We love to talk about this shit and most people don't want to hear about it.
Thread posts: 44
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.