[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Can someone who knows something about ballistics explain to

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2

File: Untitleed.jpg (57KB, 646x594px) Image search: [Google]
Untitleed.jpg
57KB, 646x594px
Can someone who knows something about ballistics explain to me wtf actually happened in this video

https://twitter.com/worldonalert/status/850401084938084352
>>
>lol only 9mm
>>
>>33737151
he missed/grazed the guy then someone shopped in cross hairs.
>>
>>33737151
Its a richocet, maybe the bullet hit his teeth but it still sound absurd
>>
Tracer hits rifle or belt buckle or something and bounces off, while tracer component breaks away from projectile and whizzes away in random direction.
>>
>>33737169
you can clearly see in the video the bullet hit his face/neck
>>
>bullet blows guys jaw off
>bullet destablizes and flies off
>>
>>33737166
good job not watching the video you fucking retard
>>
File: 1486032950334m.jpg (141KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
1486032950334m.jpg
141KB, 1024x768px
>>33737151
Sniper is to the left of the cameraman.

Sniper shoots, hits man in upper shoulder/base of the neck.

7.62x54r traveling 3,000fps isn't stopped by 6 inches of flesh, the shot goes completely through him but tumbles on the way out. Tracer flies out in tumbling fashion upwards.

>>33737168 is an idiot
>>
>>33737151
As it turns out, we live in the Matrix, but Neo is a sandman.
>>
>>33737169
so why is he holding his face?
i think either the tracer compound broke away from the bullet and hit the guy, or the round hit's the barrel of the other guys rifle and then hits turban man in the face.
or the bullet legit ricocheted off the guys skull.
>>
a lot of older iraqi men have gold teeth
and it looks like it hits him in the mouth area
could be a possibility
>>
>>33737151
The replies to tweet say it hit goatfucker's jaw and ricocheted off.
>>
>>33737151
maybe he has a medical metal implant in his jaw
>>
>>33737151
>Can someone who knows something about ballistics explain to me wtf actually happened in this video

Sniper shoots tracer round.
Round hits the target with a glancing blow. Potentially ricochet off his teeth, but may as well have taken half his jaw, it's hard to tell.
Tracer section of the bullet separates & flies off eratically as happens often when a bullet hits something solid.
Target is stunned (and potentially lost a few teeth or a section of his jaw).
Sniper can't believe what just happened and pops off another round, but misses.
>>
How it feels to chew 5 gum.
>>
>>33737151
You can see how fast and erratic the tracer element flies off, if it was the whole bullet it would fly off at shallower, direct and slower angle.
>>
>>33737182
3000fps
3000frames/s
wut
>>
>>33737511
lol
>>
>>33738132

feet per second

use google math to put it to m/s
>>
>>33737524
I agree. It would require much more bone than a jaw to deflect a bullet like that. It has to be cheap tracer rounds where the burning compound flies out and hits the man. This is also aparent as the burning material looks as if it increases in velocity after hitting the mans jaw while flying in a strange parabolic trajectory. A normal lead bullet will loose much of its energy and have shallower angles of deflection, tumbling of the bullet could not have created the trajectory we see, not enough surface area to move the mass the bullet has.
>>
>>33738173
To add even further, look at how the compound hits the man on his right side of the jaw. Pause a few frames after and you can see the the compound goes straight up at a near 90° angle. The force that would have been imparted on that mans face if a bullet had hit him would be enough to knock his head back and cause much more serious injury.
>>
>>33738132
i hope for your sake that you're pretending to be retarded
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.