[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do you feel about Water Cooling /k/? Does it have its practical

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 5

File: m43-pedestal-mount.jpg (74KB, 800x840px) Image search: [Google]
m43-pedestal-mount.jpg
74KB, 800x840px
How do you feel about Water Cooling /k/?

Does it have its practical purpose or is it a thing of the past.
>>
I watercool my PC, ask me anything
>>
>>33731335
We've advanced enough technologically, metallurgically, and doctrinally that its not really applicable in its previous roles. Our guns can better resist volume of fire, we're not fighting in trenches anymore, and we have quick change barrels and rotary guns.

I could see applications though. In CIWS maybe - they're a static, high volume of fire weapon, but rotary barrels already work fairly well there.
Maybe in space where theres no atmosphere to cool the barrel at all.
>>
>>33731341
Just one of those silly Corsair CPU things, or an actual loop? Guts picture? Temperatures and noise levels? What radiators you got?
Perhaps even the faintest idea of how it stacks up against the tippest of top Noctua (or whatever fans are the best now? I've been out of the loop on computer hardware for the last 2-3 years, and even then water cooling was only a verry marginal improvement over a set of good fans.
>>
>>33731465
>barrel jacket over the cluster
>seawater inlet pressurizes water and forces it into the jacket
>as it is firing and superheating the water, an outlet pump kicks on
>runs superhot water to a high pressure water monitor out on some other deck position
>give all manner of brown people 3rd degree burns from scalding hot gunwater
>>
RGB waterloop for machine guns when?
>>
>>33731335
it works
>>
>>33731962
came here to boast dis
>>
>>33731335
it's a good thing
>>
File: xeon.jpg (102KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
xeon.jpg
102KB, 1024x768px
>>33731805
Not him, but there's mine.

The best thing about WC is the silence. Outstanding cooling performance and it's dead quiet. This 6 core xeon at 4.6 ghz peaks in the 60s and sits around 27-30c in light use. ambient temps is usually 25c. great gpu temps as well with 0 extra noise

Air cooling is great for CPU, but theyre huge and can be noisy after you strap a couple fans to it. It also doesn't do shit for your GPU temps. aftermarket GPU air coolers can get better temps but it still sounds like a vacuum cleaner in your case.
>>
With a conventional water cooled machine gun, isn't the water just sitting there around the barrel? What if the action of cycling the bolt pumped water around the barrel? Does that exist?
>>
>>33731855
Honestly I thought this was gonna end with guncoffee
>>
>>33734416
Is pic related? Is it used for CIWS or ship guns?
>>
>>33735042
Oto Melara 76mm, it's sea water cooled and fresh water flushed. A ship gun that can aslo be used as CIWS and SFT(fire support)
>>
>>33734999
That's what I thought too.
>>
>>33731805
Noctua makes the absolute best fans. Tear out whatever fan is bundled with what you buy and get their ippc fans.
>>
>>33734798
I assume it's effectively boiloff cooling, in which case the entire reservoir is just below boiling temperature and circulation won't really make a difference.

If there were a separate radiator or cold water reservoir, however, your proposal would probably yield improvement.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.