[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

College kid with not much money looking to get a nice gun for

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

File: Ruger-Security-Six_gebr.jpg (104KB, 560x340px) Image search: [Google]
Ruger-Security-Six_gebr.jpg
104KB, 560x340px
College kid with not much money looking to get a nice gun for CC/home defense/rec shooting. I dig older (but not OLD) revolvers, was looking at a Ruger Security-Six in .357, kinda hoping to find one with a 4 inch barrel.

Any general opinions on these guns?
>>
Very reliable revolver. The military used these for pilots up until the mid 90's when most switched to the M11. The M9 was to bulky for flight gear.
>>
No personal experience with that gun, but Ruger revolvers have a really good reputation.
>>
>>33728930

Can't go wrong with a Security Six. If possible, get one in stainless, unless you have a thing for bluing and patina.
>>
>>33728930
I've shot a Service Six, which is pretty much the same gun, and it's a solid choice if you can get it for a good price. With the wooden grips the recoil feels quite stout and I find the gun tends to squirm forcing me to adjust my grip about once per cylinder, I recommend rubber grips.
>>
>>33729326
> I recommend rubber grips
I second this, really just makes shooting this revolver far, far more comfortable and enjoyable.
After all, if it's a CC/Home Defence gun, then it's a great choice, especially with rubberised grips to give you that boost.
>>
>home defense thread about using a revolver
>all comments are supportive and civil
>no shit posts about "muhh capacity"

Is this /k/?
>>
>>33728930

My Pops gave me his 1976 Security Six 4" when I was 21. It's a great shooting gun, although the grips feel a little odd if you're used to autoloaders. I tried Pachmayrs, but went back to the original wood. Shooting.357 is a real blast. I started shooting at a range where everyone was shooting .22s and 9s, and they all paused to check out where the fireballs were coming from.
>>
>>33729402

>no random trap pics

Dude, I'm starting to wonder too.
>>
>>33728930
I would go with what is most effective. Preferably a semi-auto, but you can go to a range to rent guns and find out what works for you. Canik makes great guns for under 400, it's what I would recommend.
>>
>>33729402
Oh sorry I was on the shitter. Excuse me.

GET A GLOCK
GLOCK IS ONLY GUN YOU NEED
REVOLVERS ARE FOR LARPERS
IF YOU HAVE TO GET IN A FIREFIGHT WITH 16 ARMED OPPONENTS A REVOLVER WILL NOT HELP YOU
>>
>>33729884
>>33729902
there we go
thats the /k/ I know
>>
Get a Tyler T grip for it and go old school. Great revolver. I wish Ruger had never quit making it although the Match Champion is a close cousin to the orginal.
>>
>>33728930
My wife has a 4" Security Six. Dead nuts reliable little gun. It was actually blued when we got it, but I sent it off to get nickel-plated. She loves it, it's the only handgun she'll use.
>>
File: 2017-04-22 19.15.43.jpg (3MB, 3000x4000px) Image search: [Google]
2017-04-22 19.15.43.jpg
3MB, 3000x4000px
>>33728930
Sell you my s&w 15-3
>>
File: 2017-04-22 19.16.34.jpg (4MB, 3000x4000px) Image search: [Google]
2017-04-22 19.16.34.jpg
4MB, 3000x4000px
>>33731340
15-4**
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.