[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Where can I read about the soviet wargames in how WWIII would

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

File: Soviet-Invansion-Routes.jpg (216KB, 940x547px) Image search: [Google]
Soviet-Invansion-Routes.jpg
216KB, 940x547px
Where can I read about the soviet wargames in how WWIII would go from their point of view?
>>
>>33725669
I don't know overall but from both NATO and WARPAC doctrine/gaming... Poland was ending up a glowing crater regardless of who started it.
>>
>>33725669
i've yet to see any actual soviet operational plans
soviet strategies and capabilities for multitheater war:
https://www.cia.gov/library/readingroom/docs/DOC_0000261287.pdf
>>
>>33725693
Had WW3 started, Poland and Germany would have been glassed. The French would go ho,ho,ho and sit it out. And after Poland and Germany got glassed the Americans and the Russians would have come together to make peace before someone got hurt.
>>
>>33725718

>i've yet to see any actual soviet operational plans

They haven't released nothing?

I have read some anons here talking about how scenarios, from warpact point of view, only had the optimistic view of not using nukes until the 4Âșth week, so I was wondering from where could I get such information.

But well, the help is appreciated man.
>>
>>33725723
>>33725754
Realistically Berlin would've fallen in under an Hour with NATO ceding land back to the Remnants of the Siegfried Line for either a holding action or dedicated Defense (not preferred). The two primary lines of defense that would've allowed the best capabilities of a unbreakable wall to counterattack from would be The Alpine Wall and ironically the Maginot Line. Alpine wall was still actively manned and used and upgraded after WWII while the Maginot line was "partially" used with some of the area's sold off to the public. The Siegfriend Line holding action would allow the garrison of the full line and hopefully time to move heavier guns/defenses into place to re-arm the deactivated portions.

This is all the conventional phase still and goes with NATO following a defense in depth strategy to cause attrition to the Soviet Army while ceding land before proper positions and reinforcements are in place. If they decide to hold cities such as Frankfurt, Ramstein, Stuttgart, Dusseldorf then casualties will be drastically higher and stands a high likely hood of becoming a Stalingrad, Fallujah, Aleppo type slaughter unless non-conventional weapons are used.
>>
>>33725669
they had table top games for this kind of thing
>>
>>33725804
>Realistically Berlin would've fallen in under an Hour
No the soviets would leave it alone and have a garrison of maybe two or three brigades to prevent the NATO forces there from doing anything. This is because the soviet doctrine called for the complete avoidance of urban combat because it is long, costly and only distracts them from their goal of advancing on the Rhine ASAP. They acknowledged that thier soilders would only be slaugtered in urban combat due to the highly decentralised (comparatively) NATO command structure which would allow them to preform better in urban combat.
>>
how would nuclear weapons be used in this scenario?
set up divisions to draw the soviets into a "pocket" of us forces and then nuke the shit out of it or use them as area denial before/right as they reach an area?
and airburst or groundburst?
>>
>>33725869
i doont reckon either sides would use nuclear weapons unless they were going to get thier homelands invaded (by which point they would have peaced out anyway) because both sides had accepted by the mid 70s that you cannot control the scale of the strike and it could escalate beyond your control.
>>
>>33725888
while trips, if we're at the point where russia is (ironically) blitzkreiging germany, we're at a major fucking problem, because they obviously won't stop.
if they weren't fired, we'd probably destroy or take our nukes out of germany before moving back to the maginot line to keep the commies from getting our missiles to look at. same goes for other US/NATO equipment sent to germany to make the commies fuck off.
>>
it all depends on when. generally the further back you go the more superior odds swing in the comintern's favor. i'd say by the mid 80s there was no chance of the soviet union advancing 100km into west germany. nato airpower was just far too superior and generally had the edge in tanks and missiles.
>>
>>33725848
Their doctrine tries to avoid getting stuck in urban combat but if the dont have any choice then they will fight it out in urban enviorment and they are trained to do so.
>>
Not sure how accurate it is but "Red Storm Rising" by Tom Clancy is a great story about how the very beginning of a conventional war might go with the USSR.
>>
>>33726673
The Third World War by Sir John Hackett is better.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.