[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What are cons of a single point sling? Compared to a three

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 4

What are cons of a single point sling? Compared to a three point sling?
>>
>>33725283

When you leave your rifle at rest, supported by only the sling, its kinda free to flop around a bit.
>>
File: 20170422_023227.jpg (3MB, 1575x2660px) Image search: [Google]
20170422_023227.jpg
3MB, 1575x2660px
A single point is better than a 3 point but a 2 point is the best option.
>>
It's the easiest to pull on and off in your mallninja costume.
>>
>>33725283

>Cons:
Fewer points than two or three-point sling

>Pros:
More points than the fabled null-point sling, which supposedly suspends your rifle via chinese anti-gravity tech. In reality, these slings are magnets tied to the end of fishing wire. Not even very good magnets. Would not recommend.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CtXKqApveRk
>>
>>33725410
kek
>>
>>33725306
>using limbsaver on a sks
>>
>>33725283
I have one on my Ruger 10/22 and another on my airshit rifle. I keep it on because I never really let go of the rifle, save to transition to a pistol. Otherwise it flops around if you're just letting it hang. Upside is you can easily transition to offhand shooting.

I wouldn't use it outside of that, though. 2 point is best point.
>>
>>33726695
Not him but I guarantee it's about giving it longer LoP rather than mitigating recoil.

Adding 1" to an SKSs stock makes it far more comfortable to shoot if you aren't a malnourished peasant.
>>
>>33725306
This
>>
>>33725283
Three points are overly complicated garbage and a stupid idea to begin with.

Single points are great for limited use, but suck dick for anything other than shooting or retaining the rifle when transitioning to a sidearm or doing something else.

Two points are the end all of slings. They secure a rifle or shotgun very well and are useful when running, climbing or doing anything other than shooting.
>>
>>33725283
Single point slings are a great way to bounce the muzzle off your kneecap. They only really shine with very short weapons. Three point slings make sense only if you are going slick with no gear on your chest, add even then there are better options.
>>
>>33726695
See
>>33726868
I'm 6'5.
>>
>>33726919
I bought into the single point meme and I smash my knees every time I bring those guns out. But I'm to cheap to buy replacements and not tacticool enough yet for knee pads.
>>
>cons of a single point sling
I hope you enjoy having your ballsack/kneecaps constantly smacked around by the muzzle of your rifle if you are doing anything other than standing guard with your weapon at the ready.
>Compared to a three point sling?
The three point shouldn't even be considered, as it is a convoluted mess that's shitty all around.

Honestly you shouldn't deviate from the tried and true two-point sling, unless you have a PDW-sized gat that won't restructure your testicles.
>>
>>33727767
>to cheap
A rock-simple, rock-solid 2-point sling can be had for like $10 playboy
>>
I like 2 point the best. You can sling the rifle in many different ways and it's not fatiguing or irritating the way a 1 point is. And you can use it to help stabilize yourself for precision shooting
>>
>>33725283
Both suck. I've tried single point and 3 point, but ended up with 2 point on all my stuff.

Single point will leave your rifle dangling around your neck, free to bump into your junk. Maybe with a short gun it could work.

Three point becomes a harness thats hard to get into, and out of. It is without a doubt secure, but 2 point slings with quick adjust straps are just as secure, and faster to get in and out of.
>>
>>33727089
6'7" and I find the SKS to be comfy as is
>>
File: WP_20170415_003[1].jpg (2MB, 1728x3072px) Image search: [Google]
WP_20170415_003[1].jpg
2MB, 1728x3072px
>>33728055
For that matter you can get a sling that's durable, comfortable as shit, and has a quick-adjust feature for less than $35.
https://www.amazon.com/Magpul-Two-Point-MS1-Sling/dp/B00JAI1476
>>
>>33728410
I'm glad you have formed your subjective opinion. There are other preferences out in this big scary world too you know.
>>
What kind of mounts do you guys use for your slings anyway? Putting together a lightweight build right now and am curious as to what others are doing for that.
>>
>>33725283
Single point is useful for retention.
2 point is very versatile.
best thing you can do with a 3 point is toss it in the fucking trash, but make sure you cut it into pieces first so no one else is tempted to use it.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jdUfsYinS-k
>>
>>33731646
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e_3-FbXrEW8
>>
>>33726912
This, although
>or doing anything other than shooting.
You need to try it sometime. It makes standing shots a breeze.
>>
>>33725283

2 point>1pointy>3point>0point>anuscarry
>>
Cons of a single-point sling:
>99% of the time you're going to be carrying rather than shooting your rifle.
>Very useless for admin tasks
>>
What's wrong with a 2-point? Why do people use all of these meme-point slings?
>>
File: received_10202903743111717.jpg (18KB, 960x960px) Image search: [Google]
received_10202903743111717.jpg
18KB, 960x960px
>>33732150

>3 point above anus carry

Why?
>>
>>33732071
I think he meant doing stuff besides shooting isn't as hard as it would be with a 1 or 3 point
Thread posts: 32
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.