[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do I go about purchasing a tactical horse? What traits should

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 4

File: hoer.jpg (73KB, 516x582px) Image search: [Google]
hoer.jpg
73KB, 516x582px
How do I go about purchasing a tactical horse? What traits should I look for? Are there people that breed horses for intelligence and trainability that I can buy from?
>>
Just get an ATV you queer.
>>
>>33724849
You can't eat an ATV anon.
>>
>>33724846

Horses still trained to not spook at gunfire are a turbo niche market. So the horses will be expensive.

Plus, horses kinda suck. They need food and water (pro tip, they don't just eat grass) and extensive maintenance. You need to constantly groom and clean them. Even something as simple as a blanket can give them skin disorders. They just suck.

In a SHTF sort of scenario (why the fuck else would you be asking about something as autistic as a tactical horse) our horse would die much sooner than an ATV or truck would break down.

Also, since you have to ask about horses you don't know enough about horses to care for one. Quit being a sperg.
>>
>>33724858
Are you sure?
Everything is possible with a drop of slippery engine oil, everything...
>>
Rather have a mule.
>>
>>33724881

Kinda this.
Horses are dead expensive and you're asking for something like a police horse which is one of the most sophisticated ways to train one.
Mule and cart would serve you better in a SHTF scenario.
If you're interested in military or "tactical" horses for reenactment purpose (I know a lot of guys here go for that whole Rhodesian special forces stuff) go ahead. But be aware that it'll cost you a lot of money and time and you could still turn out to be an inferior rider.
>>
>>33724846
>How do I go about purchasing a tactical horse? What traits should I look for? Are there people that breed horses for intelligence and trainability that I can buy from?

1)Can you ride?
2)What will you be using the horse for, jumping, eventing, cross country, hunting, buggy, cart, hacking?

A horse is fitted and choosen for these things and the size and weight of the person riding t. Particularly weight height and thigh lengt.

If you do not love horses and don't know how to care for one stop now.
>>
>>33725300
donkey > mule > horse
>>
>>33725534
This man speaks the truth
>>
>>33725534
But donkeys are stubborn as fuck.
>>
>>33724846

>>33724881

>Also, since you have to ask about horses you don't know enough about horses to care for one.

That is probably the most relevant answer you'll get in this thread OP. Just take the advice and back away slowly. Investing in livestock is not something you gain from without making significant lifestyle changes if you weren't born into it.
>>
>>33724846
Get a stuffed one and put a motor in it.
>>
>>33724846
Grey woodland pattern camo is so ineffective, they had to resort to camo nets. I swear, some third world countries have a hard time understanding the concept of an effective combat uniform.
>>
>>33724846
Your best guess is contacting whoever breeds and trains horses for the mounted police.

Also learn about them first. They can be great bros, just like doggers. But need just as much training and care.
>>
>>33724881
But i cant fuck an atv
>>
>>33724846

A horse is more than just a vehicle m8. It's a pet, a pal, a battle buddy, a way of life.
>>
>>33726459
And also a wife
>>
File: no bueno hombre.png (473KB, 453x505px) Image search: [Google]
no bueno hombre.png
473KB, 453x505px
>>33726427
>you will never look this good
>>
>>33726427
>just as much
Try many times more.

>>33724846
Your best bet is to work on a horse farm. Even finding someone who will let you work on the weekends or something in exchange for learning about how to care for horses, how to ride, how to handle and train them. Horses are similar to dogs in personality, once you bond with one they are very loyal and compassionate animals, but they require a lot of knowledge to ride and care for.

They are also expensive as fuck to feed and take care of from a veterinarian standpoint.

t. dude who grew up around horses and now owns his own small farm with 2 of his own horses.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.