[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Recommendations for metal 10 round .308 magazines? Can be steel

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

File: 587701.jpg (44KB, 880x660px) Image search: [Google]
587701.jpg
44KB, 880x660px
Recommendations for metal 10 round .308 magazines? Can be steel or aluminum. 8 or 9 rounds is fine too. Or 10 rd mags that only feed well up to 9.

I'm getting a Howa 1500 bolt action and I want some mags for it. It doesn't have to be explicitly compatible, I'm willing to do some filing/sanding.

Also QTDDTOT thread.
>>
We have to know what detachable base metal you have. There's AICS pattern mags (Pmag versions as well) which are probably what you want. If you get a chassis, those should all be AICS except for MDT which requires their own mags.
>>
>>33723222
I am getting the MDT LSS. And yes they say it only accepts MDT mags, but all you have to do is file off ~1mm from the edges around the feed lip to get AICS mags to fit.

I was hoping for a cheaper alternative though.
>>
>>33723069
In general, how are Howa rifles?

>Inb4 MUH JAPANESE STEEL FOLDED 1000 TIMES LIKE KATANA
>>
>>33723238
Just so you know, the feed lips are essentially the one place you do not want to have to change if you want a mag to feed properly. Good luck with that.

But Magpul is making cheep AICS mags (at least cheap compared to actual AICS mags)
>>
>>33723257
They are Weatherby rifles without the Weatherby logo. That is to say, they are great value
>>
File: 587701.jpg (57KB, 880x660px) Image search: [Google]
587701.jpg
57KB, 880x660px
>>33723277
I think I got the terms wrong.
The orange bits are what I have to file down, not the green.
>>
>>33723303
That's not as bad, just be prepared for rounds to nosedive if you fuck it up. I'd still recommend either using the MDT mags or getting an AICS or Pmag specific bottom metal so you don't have to make modifications.
>>
>>33723321
I would get the MDT mags in a heartbeat if they were metal, but they only come in polymer. I'll probably just the polymer ones anyway.
>>
>>33723069

There is a legacy sports magazine conversion which will not bulge so badly fully loaded that you can drop a full mag out of the gun... plus theyre polymer.
>>
>>33723238
I had an MDT LSS and have done exactly that. Actually worked quite well, but I'd just get the MDT mags.
>>
>>33723433
>but I'd just get the MDT mags.
Any particular reason other than price?
>>
>>33723257
I swear i read somewhere they used sintered receivers and didn't take well to rebarreling or hot loads, but i can't find the source anymore.
>>
>>33723456
Not fucking up one and being out $40? They're the same price as a magpul aics mag.
>>
>>33723555
I thought you meant you filed the actual accuracy international ones.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.