[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Let's talk about the open carry of pistols and long guns,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 7

File: beS7X.jpg (32KB, 400x300px) Image search: [Google]
beS7X.jpg
32KB, 400x300px
Let's talk about the open carry of pistols and long guns, Would /k/ do it? It seems to me like it would be smarter to open carry a long arm, given you have a sling to keep the weapon attached to you.
>>
>>33714757
>sling can be pulled to neck level
>sling is now a garrote with a convenient windlass/handle
>sling can also be cut with a strap cutter that common thieves already use to snatch purses and backpacks

Handguns have retention holsters specifically designed to resist theft and enable the carrier to use a knife or other secondary option to force the person to let go. Slings are not designed to resist a determined attacker like a duty holster and belt is.
>>
>>33714964
Thank you for correcting my misinformation and giving me a real world examples of why im wrong without treating me like a fucking retard. The firearms community needs more people like you :^)
>>
>>33714994
>:^)
kys, retard
>>
I would open carry a pistol if it was socially acceptable and common practice.
Not worth the advantages in comfort and draw speed if I'm getting dirty looks, being accused of trying to intimidate and having police called on me by soccer moms.

If only the world were a cowboy movie
>>
>>33715010
Go get ready for school. You know if your late Again your step dad Terry will sell your Xbox.
>>
Open carry anywhere but in rural areas looks retarded

Normies don't want to see guns
>>
>>33715018

Try not living in a cuck state. I oc all the time and get tons of thumbs up and smiles.
>>
>>33715020

>your step dad Terry will sell your Xbox

that's pretty specific anon.... do... do you want to talk about it?
>>
>>33714757

I'm not a fan of open carry, because it singles you out as "that guy over there with a gun". With concealed carry, your single best advantage is the fact that your potential bad guy has no idea you're armed.

Having a pistol on your hip or a rifle slung means your the first one to get shot if someone decides to start some shit. This is a double edged sword though.... as seeing someone with a pistol/rifle will sometimes deter potential bad guys from committing a crime in the first place.

I'm an armed guard, and it's literally my job to stand there with a gun in order to deter most people from committing a crime. That being said.... when someone decides to commit a crime anyway, guess who's the first one to catch a bullet? The armed guard.

Open carry is fine and well if you're already in a uniform that identifies you as an armed person (police, military, security, etc.) but if you're plain clothes it's best to keep it hidden and not attract extra attention to yourself.

just my opinion.
>>
File: Youxia.jpg (146KB, 721x1107px) Image search: [Google]
Youxia.jpg
146KB, 721x1107px
>>33714757
Pistol, duh. Open carrying a long arm gets in the way of a lot of fucking things and weighs me down unnecessarily.

I mean, consider the times in history where in a lot of earlier societies open carrying was the norm for many civilians. A cunt about town mostly carried a sword, a knife, or other hand weapons and not spears or halberds, right? Outside of a battlefield situation long weapons just get in the way of everyday life.
>>
File: Tagalog Cuadrillero.jpg (82KB, 465x700px) Image search: [Google]
Tagalog Cuadrillero.jpg
82KB, 465x700px
>>33716128
There probably were people in those times who made others uncomfortable carrying a spear or a halberd around lyl.
>>
>>33714757
Since I'm only 18 I have to open carry. Better than no carry at all though, at least Arizona allows it and no one gives me trouble. Cops are surprisingly cool about it too.
>>
>open carrying anywhere but rural areas

You're just asking to have the police called on you
>>
>>33714757
IF it were normal, OF COURSE you should open carry. There is no comparison between long guns and sidearms. Now, there is a good reason long guns aren't normally carried, but you bet your precious prepper stockpile if it were normalized I would fucking do it. There might be bandits!
>>
File: 0eb.jpg (28KB, 500x483px) Image search: [Google]
0eb.jpg
28KB, 500x483px
If you're innawoods during durr season or out in the middle of nowhere at Nuggetfest, then open carry. Otherwise, don't - especially for a long gun. Okay, maybe you have the right to do it under muh constitution. It's still a spergish, asshole thing to do, and makes us all look like idiots, so stop.
>>
File: speak.jpg (34KB, 512x341px) Image search: [Google]
speak.jpg
34KB, 512x341px
>>33717728

do you think you are edge & cool by typing all that fucking drivel ?

innawoods
durr
muh
spergish
>>
>>33715954
That's almost as bad as dirty looks for me. Not trying to encourage fudds to come up and talk to me about whatever backwoods horse shit he believes in just because I agree with him on the 2nd amendment.
>>
>>33717728
You've passed the minimum amount of buzzwords necessary for me to automatically discard your opinion. Try again with less retardation if you want.
>>
>>33717787
>back to ???
Just go.
>>
>>33714757
I open carry my handgun when I'm on my motorcycle or dirt bike. It's just the best way to carry when riding. Hardly anyone notices. Never got any police calls or anyhting. Only had one guy in a van do animated finger guns are me when we were at a stop light.

Open carry in general is a terrible idea.
>>
File: Tneif2G.jpg (104KB, 534x538px) Image search: [Google]
Tneif2G.jpg
104KB, 534x538px
>>33718024

I do see a lot of people on motorcycles open carrying. Although, to be totally fair, if someone was open carrying in a car or truck, I wouldn't know
>>
>>33718024
>Open carry in general is a terrible idea

somebody typed this earlier & i like it

oc = police & military

cc = civilian

i'm a civvie & don't want some troublemaker to know i am armed until it is too late and they have a few extra holes from my pistol
>>
>>33716031
This is the only sensible answer. Open carry is great if you have backup, like a buddy or two, because now the attacker has two deterrents instead of one. But by yourself, it makes much more sense to CC.
>>
>>33714994
Holy triggered, you asked for answers, he gave you answers. I don't see where he was harsh to you, snowflake.
>>
>>33716128
Allow open carry of swords.
SHALL
NOT
BE
INFRINGED
>>
File: Screenshot_20170319-121946~2.png (231KB, 1933x1440px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20170319-121946~2.png
231KB, 1933x1440px
>>33714757
You carry concealed because you want to defend yourself.

You open carry a handgun hopefully because you don't want to compromise with some 380 ACP pocket carry during the summer.

You open carry a rifle, for one of three reasons.

One, you're in a small town or rural locality that is literally in the middle of hunting grounds and you clearly look like you're someone going to or from a hunting place.

Two, you live in a region with an active state mandated militia you are enlisted in and everyone around you knows this fact.

Three, it's in an urban or Suburban environment and you have political autism like SovCit/AnCap or are otherwise "just exercising my rights" and you are there blatantly or at least secretly want the police to "harass you" so you actually have a tyranny to resist.

No, you are not using that rifle for self-defense.

No, even if open carry of rifles was socially acceptable it would still be stupid to carry that for a defensive purpose. You aren't engaging multiple hajis at a distance as part of a squad, and if SHTF and you were resisting a tyrannical government you wouldn't be walking around nonchalant with a rifle.
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.