[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Ausfag here, I've got a question Long story short, I'm

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 54
Thread images: 4

File: Tennessee Flag.png (37KB, 1200x720px) Image search: [Google]
Tennessee Flag.png
37KB, 1200x720px
Ausfag here, I've got a question
Long story short, I'm in a long distance relationship with my girlfriend, who lives in Tennessee. If I were to get married, get a green card for permanent residency and move in with her, would I be able to own guns? What if I applied for citizenship? And what's the general attitude towards guns and gun control in Tennesse?
>>
>>33705834
You might run into a few snags trying to go to an FFL and filling out paperwork (they do ask if you're a US citizen and lying is a felony) but there's nothing stopping you from just buying one private party in a parking lot somewhere.

You owning a gun isn't a crime, only lying on the form is. No form, no crime, legal gun.
>>
>>33705834
I have no clue on international laws like that but shes allowed to own guns and I think if you were married, you could to.

>I'm in Franklin, TN 615
>dont come we're full

Just kidding. Aussies are bros and honorary Southerners. Embrace Dixie!
>>
>>33705834
If you're a permanent resident, you're allowed to own guns. NICS check may be delayed, but either way, you're still legally permitted a firearm.

The only restrictions foreigners have:

>illegals can't have guns
>non-immigrant visas have to have a hunting license or diplomatic reason to buy guns

Some states restrict foreigners from certain gun related things (hunting licenses, ccw permits, etc), but Tennessee is not one of them.

>And what's the general attitude towards guns and gun control in Tennesse?

They're an "average" state. They're not oppressive like california or NY, but there are places with better law out there.

Overall, I would feel comfy moving to TN if all I was thinking about was my guns.
>>
>>33705873
It is important to note that the big restriction in Tennessee is in regards to carry. You have to have a carry permit to open carry or concealed carry. You can have a gun in your car without a carry permit though.
>>
>>33705834
Yes, you would be able to own guns if you were a lawful permanent resident. Marrying a citizen makes it very easy for you to become a citizen, as well. Tennessee is a very pro-gun state and has a high proportion of CCW permit holders, and this legislative session is trying to pass constitutional carry.
>>
>>33705898
We also have castle doctrine. And if you have a long gun and a reasonable excuse for having it, you're legally allowed to carry it without a permit. (hunting or camping in the mountains are probably the only two excuses)

Also, OP. Nashville is the nicest city in TN.

Hurrah for Dixie!
>>
>>33705913
>Nashville nicest city
Fucking kek, enjoy your Mudslimes

Op where does your gf live? Knoxville offers most things Nashville does except for tornadoes. Plus we have gsmnp
>>
>>33705913
>We also have castle doctrine

That's kind of ambiguous (the legal details of CD vary in different states). What does castle doctrine specifically do in TN law?

What's your guyses self defense law like in general?
>>
>>33705913
>Nashville is the nicest city in TN
Nice to know, she's from there
>>
>>33705979
Sorry m8, didn't see your post before I replied
See >>33706006
>>
>>33705834
>And what's the general attitude towards guns and gun control in Tennesse?
Hickok45 lives there and literally shoots from his driveway so it seems okay.
>>
>>33705849
>few snags trying to go to an FFL and filling out paperwork

have you never filled one out?

The question next to "are you a citizen" is if not are you a legal resident
>>
>>33706008
That's cool bud. Nashville actually is a pretty nice place but best city in TN... That's a pretty bold call.

Enjoy your new home my friend, we welcome you. Tn is pretty active on /k/ met a couple of kommandoes in person.
>>
>>33705834
If you're a permanent resident, you should be able to own guns after having been there for 90 days, IIRC

You can also look at getting naturalized after spending a few years in America
>>
Please move to Tri-Cities. Johnson City is an awesome place, it's just big enough to not be a small town but not "urban". Any East Tennessee bros out there?
>>
>>33705834
Aussie who wants to leave this shithole to go US here.

Yes, you need permanent residency like everyone has already mentioned.

Otherwise your girlfriend might want to buy some guns and let you play with em.

My girlfriend is a shooter too and she's too emotionally attached so I can't find myself an american gf.
>>
>>33706410
JC refugee, ETSU grad, in Knoxville now. Tricities problem is there is nothing to do. Knox is nicely situated for Nashville, Asheville, Chattanooga, Lexington etc. Plus sporting events, univ of tn etc.
>>
>>33706424
My gf was a borderline antiguns (she called a magazine a clip not long after we first met) but I've been warming her up to the idea. After I taught her a bit about guns and how safe they actually are if you know your shit she said she wouldn't mind keeping a gun in the house, and when I fly there to visit over Christmas she even offered to take me to a local range for my birthday.
>>
aussie guys no sausage rolls in the US as far as i can tell. Make your own or open up a bakery so I can eat the sausage rolls and meat pies with ketchup
>>
>>33706972
>Ketchup
>Not tomato sauce
Imposter
>>
>be inna Tennessee
>just talking to my business partner
>discussing the idea of allowing carry at work once we get employees and a proper office (we're a startup)
>partner produces his CC right there on the spot
>says he'd be down
>have to talk to our lawyer about it but we're pretty sure we can allow open and concealed in our office

Yeah OP, you'll be fine. You may legally obtain a concealed carry permit and that's recognized as legitimate by 33 states. Some states recognize the permit but not if it's held by a permanent resident of the USA, they aren't included in the 33.
>>
>>33706410
I'm in Clinton right now
>>
>>33705866

dont forget the house and senate are close to passing the gas tax increase call your rep and tell them we dont need it
>>
>>33707153
I'm in oak ridge boyee
>>
Former green card holder here current citizen. I bought most of my guns as a green card resident. I got my ccw permit as a green card resident. Only difference is you always get delayed 3 days.
>>
>>33705834
Yes you absolutely can buy firearms as a permanent resident, you can actually buy them as conditional resident which you will be for the first 2 years. I know this because my wife is a yuro and bought a gun shortly after she got here and converted to a conditional resident from her K1 visa. Tennessee is a good state for guns as well. Good luck to you and welcome to the land of funs.
>>
>>33707153
Gross, pull out, you don't know where she's been!
>>
>>33707196
Cool, nice to know there are some local /k/ommandos
>>
>>33707264
Shit, I have aids
>>
maryville here.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_yQQaVBSKWI
>>
>>33707355
Even worse, Arkansas AIDS!
>>
>>33705834
Ausfag as in Australia or Austria? My GF is in Austria.
>>
if you are a legal permanent resident (green card holder) you can buy guns
you can also buy guns on other visas if you have a hunting license or qualify for a few other select carve outs
>>
I believe you just need to be a permanent resident, I'm not a citizen yet and I can still buy firearms, although the background checks always get delayed. Also, the first time I tried I was denied and had to mail in documents to prove I wasn't an illegal. A bit of a hassle, but no big deal. You will be fine OP.
>>
I live in Knoxville (Fountain City) and in my experience the only anti-gun sentiment i've ever encountered has come from literal autists or Yankees
>>
>>33705913
>Nashville
>Best city in TN
In what universe?
>>
>>33705913
>Nashville
>best anything
The only place worse is Memphis.
>>
>this entire fucking thread
>>
My parents retired to Sevierville. Get to go to Dollywood a lot and get fat at all the restaurants in pigeon forge and Gatlinburg.
>>
>>33705913
Excuse me? Nashville is shit. Knoxville is amazing. If you like american football and orange and white, well you'll fit in nice. Hope to see you ausfag. God bless Ktown.
>>
>>33705849
You don't need to be a citizen to own a firearm in the US. My dad (australian) can own them, guys I've worked with (mexicans with legal residency) own them.
>>
>>33705979
Another 865 in /k/? How rare. >>33706410
Aye, south knox/ maryville fag reporting in.
>>
>>33706410
West knoxville here.
>>
We need to have a Knoxville meetup sometime
>>
>>33709811
I'm down. I don't own many guns, but hell why not.
>>
>>33709820
Same, I've just got some milsurp but I take them to Chuck Swan every now and then so they can remember their good old days
>>
File: 1454113159869.jpg (36KB, 300x360px) Image search: [Google]
1454113159869.jpg
36KB, 300x360px
>tfw Memphis
>>
File: IMAG0769.jpg (1MB, 2688x1520px) Image search: [Google]
IMAG0769.jpg
1MB, 2688x1520px
>>33709811
Oak ridge kommando here. I know there is at least one more of us willing to meet. We met at the range in Norris once. Gimme a time I'll be glad to meet up with you guys and bring many toys
>>
FUCK OFF WE'RE FULL
>>
>>33705913
The 'Boro would like to have a word with you.
>>
Is this a TN circle jerk?
>>
>>33709619
I like Maryville. The 2 best guitar stores I've ever been in are there.
>>
>>33705834
>long distance relationship
>marriage
lol
Thread posts: 54
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.