[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

As a first CC what would be best. CZ 75 or Glock 19? If neither

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 90
Thread images: 10

File: cz-usa-cz-75-compact-sdp1.png (197KB, 674x449px) Image search: [Google]
cz-usa-cz-75-compact-sdp1.png
197KB, 674x449px
As a first CC what would be best. CZ 75 or Glock 19?

If neither should I get a 9mm or something more powerful? My first gun ever was a nugget and everybody said it would be brutal but it barely does anything to me so I'm not too shy when it comes to power
>>
for carry get the glock, Cz compacts are thick and heavy, unless you're a really big guy they're a little big to conceal.
>>
>>33705252
I'm 6'5" but still a tad lanky
>>
Glock because of weight. If you're going to carry a cz get one of the polymer framed or a PCR or p01.
>>
>>33705228
I like my CZ Comp but its a bitch to carry.
Also 9mm is a sufficiently powerful pistol round.
>>
>>33705228
9mm is fine. You could even use a .380 and that'd be fine too.
>>
>>33705228
For CC I don't recommend a CZ
A CZ is a superior range guys for sure.
Glocks feel like shit but are also smaller and lighter.
>>
File: CZ-P-10C_L.png (446KB, 1772x1349px) Image search: [Google]
CZ-P-10C_L.png
446KB, 1772x1349px
>>33705228
>CZ 75 or Glock 19?
CZ P-10 C

It's literally a glock 19 but better in every way and I'm not misusing the word "literally" here.

The advertising slogans even says "improving on perfection" which is clearly making fun of glocks.
>>
how about a P2000sk?
>>
File: IMG_6220.jpg (290KB, 1500x1083px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_6220.jpg
290KB, 1500x1083px
Get pic related OP.

-better ergos
-way better trigger
-machined to perfection
-life time warranty
-made the way you want
>>
>>33705252
CZ compacts are almost identical to Glock compacts in size. Alloy frame P01s and PCRs aren't particularly heavy either.
Glock subcompacts edge out the CZ RAMI on size though, especially if you go down to single stack.

>>33706174
>CZ in name only
Disgusting.

Tbh OP, it falls down to preference. I prefer CZs over Glocks, and just for the sake of not capping yourself in the nuts carrying trying to holster while carrying IWB, I'd suggest getting a gun with a real safety instead of a Glock - but go with whatever feels most comfortable to you, both in your hand and psychologically.
>>
>spend in total $220 to get CCW
>spend another $600 for the guns plus the sights
>never get to use it
What's the fucking point of CCW?
>>
File: 1200(11).jpg (128KB, 1200x900px) Image search: [Google]
1200(11).jpg
128KB, 1200x900px
>>33705228

Shouldn't print too badly
>>
File: p10-glock-2-768x493.jpg (70KB, 768x493px) Image search: [Google]
p10-glock-2-768x493.jpg
70KB, 768x493px
>>33706243
>>CZ in name only
It's CZ quality. Companies either innovate or die.

Pic related is a comparsion between Glock 19 and CZ P-10 C barrels. Just look at the locking surfaces.
>>
>>33705228
Get a CZ-75 compact PCR, just as light as a glock, much more reliable.

don't need to worry about limpwristing error
>>
>>33706332
>much more reliable
>until you start carrying it
Ask me how I know that you're either no guns or no ccw.
>>
>>33705228
CZ over Glock any day of the year!
Glock = over priced, over hyped crap!
>>
That's easy. I own both of them. If you want a gun to carry around a lot and shoot very little get a Glock 19. If you want a gun to shoot a lot and carry very little get a CZ 75. The Glock weighs about half the CZ
>>
I love my cz 75 but even as a 175 lb man who is naturally big. its not thhat great of a CC. have to always have a jacket, and or button up shirt to hide it.

I do want a cz p9 or sphinx tough,, those would be good for cc
>>
>>33705228

Not that I'm offering advice since I'm buying my first CC too, but I've decided to track down a 2075 BD.
>>
>>33705228
>should I get a 9mm or something more powerful?

nice to know fact: 9mm and 45.ACP deliver the same energy to the target
>>
>>33705228
I really want a CZ and it's going to be the next gun I buy...but I'm not going to carry it.

My advice to people starting to CC is to go small and light first. Once you're comfortable dressing around the gun and carrying it all over, then go bigger if you'd like. You'll need a dedicated belt for a heavy gun like the CZ 75. Heck even a fully loaded G19 isn't easy on a regular belt. I haven't had the same issue with smaller weapons (i.e. G26 or Kahr pm9).
>>
>>33706246

have, not need, need, not have, etc.

It's a personal choice. Nobody's putting a gun to your head.
>>
>>33706944
Don't listen to this faggot OP

Even women can handle and enjoy shooting a glock 19. No reason to shoot it very little.
He's right about the the CZ though it's bulky and heavy
>>
>>33705228
I own both and like both but the CZ75 is a better gun. Better trigger, grip angle, fell in the hand and aesthetics.

The Glock is only better in that it is smaller and lighter. But those are v important factors in choosing. The G19 is also a gun I wouldn't mind having confiscated by police in the event i shoot someone.
>>
>>33706246
So if you werent going to cc you would have a single "compact " gun in your collection? Plenty of people own 19s and don't carry - not really fair to include price of gun in the equation
>>
>>33706287
Not sure the point you're trying to make here. The G19 barrel looks wet with oil. No one can tell machining tolerances by eye. If you're saying the feed ramp is not as good on the CZ it just looks dirty
>>
File: IMG_1324.jpg (64KB, 660x515px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1324.jpg
64KB, 660x515px
>>33707488
Aesthetics and ergonomics = yes

I personally prefer the glocks striker fired trigger to da/sa. More consistent and has a reset that even inexperienced shooters can take advantage of.

Op have you considered the VP9sk?
>Better striker fired trigger than glock
>great ergonomics (I've held the p30sk which is very similar )
>more concealable than 19 but still has 10 rounds on tap

And it's msrps at 700
>>
>>33705228
I wish I had an SDP for carry.
>>
>>33707543
>finger grooves
>absolutely failed MAC's poopoo test
>H&K price without H&K overdesign
Um, sorry sweetie, if you want OP to waste money just tell him to set it on fire
>>
>>33707528
>Not sure the point you're trying to make here.
The point is CZ barrel is much beefier with more locking surface. This thing is not going to break or malfunction any time soon. They odn't cheap out, unlike glock.

>The G19 barrel looks wet with oil
Anon the barrel on the left is the CZ one.

>No one can tell machining tolerances by eye
Not talking about tolerances.

>If you're saying the feed ramp is not as good on the CZ it just looks dirty
Other way around.
>>
>>33705266
Is it the actual 75 all steel compact, or a pcr/p01?
>>
>>33706174
tfw this also doesn't come in a single stack. Why, WHY?
>>
>>33706241
>$2000+
For that price, you can buy a good cc gun, mags, ammo, and a class
>>
>>33708564
Well it's still relatively new. I'm assuming CZ will make different versions if this one sells. I recall hearing/reading that they plan to make a full size version in the future.
>>
>>33708560
The 75 Compact is all steel. The PCR is same size and frame as the Compact, but the frame is aluminum. The P-01 is basically the PCR but with a rail.
>>
File: p07-thumb-834x470.jpg (70KB, 834x470px) Image search: [Google]
p07-thumb-834x470.jpg
70KB, 834x470px
>>33705228
The classic CZs are sexy, but why not a P-07?
>>
>>33708601
I know, he said it's hard to carry so I was wondering if he meant he had the 75 compact and it was the weight that was bothering him. If it's the size, then a glock 19 is like nearly the same dimensions if I'm not mistaken.
>>
>>33705228
I want to meet these people that CC things like a full size CZ 75, Beretta 92, etc and don't have problems with weight or printing. What kind of clothes are you wearing and how much gut do you have?
>>
>>33708604
The gun the P-07 is copying isn't as sexy as the gun the CZ75 was copying. CZ doesn't make original guns, they make standard-issue guns better. When that was the BHP, CZ made sexy guns. Now that it's the USP, they aren't as sexy. The P-10 line will be based on the Steyr A1 line, so they'll be sexy.
>>
>>33706246
>>never get to use it

I really hope you mean

>never HAVE to use it

anyone looking forward to using their CC is a moron or mentally unstable. That'd be like being excited to try out your new trauma kit or fire extinguisher. If it's getting brought out for real, shit has gone down.
>>
File: CZ 82.jpg (370KB, 1620x1305px) Image search: [Google]
CZ 82.jpg
370KB, 1620x1305px
If you are a CZ fan like I am and want an all steel carry piece a little smaller then the 75 check out the CZ 82 on the Milsurp market. I own two of them and they are small and compact and 100% CZ quality although they are not light. That's why I carry a Kahr PM9
>>
>>33708803
how much did those grips run you? I'm always surprised at how many grip options these little guns have. I need to get some slimmer ones to make mine a nicer carry option until I can get a nice P07
>>
Honestly Op, you're over thinking this problem. I was a die hard Czfag until I took some training with a good friend and worked with a Glock 19 at a class for a day and understood the advantages.

The Da/sa setup is nice but training for different trigger pulls is time and ammo wasted when you can just become proficient with a single pull. Glocks also have a lot more surface area on the slide than the more traditional czs and manipulating the slide is far easier under duress.

Can you train around these things and still effectively use the firearm? Absolutely. But you will spend more time and money becoming proficient imo.

The polymer czs do fine, but ultimately they are trying to copy glock and I want the original gun with the reputation for capability and an established track record, not the slightly cheaper competition.

Any gun is better than no gun, just get spare mags, a ton of ammo, quality holsters, and some good training.
>>
>>33706287
M E A T
>>
Don't know, I bought that 82 which refinished with those grips installed and the plastic ones in a baggie. The 82 are C&R as well.
>>
>>33705228
I'd go for the Glock, mainly because it's polymer and has less shit to catch on when drawing. A little cheaper too, plus the Glock aftermarket is quite large.

I love me some CZ at the range, but for CC you want a lighter weight and larger selection of accessories and holsters.
>>
>>33708832
Why does every Glock argument end up
>you are gun is an imitation, get with the real deal
when, if anything, it shows how complacent Glock is to have the biggest modern name in the industry and be completely left in the dust for the past ~25 years by companies actually improving Glock's simple, if robust, design?
>>
>>33708832
>he polymer czs do fine, but ultimately they are trying to copy glock and I want the original gun with the reputation for capability and an established track record, not the slightly cheaper competition.
The competition is not ripping off glocks, glock didn't invent polymer framed striker fired handguns.

They take the polymer framed striker fired design and improving upon it, unlike glock. If I have a choice between two identical designs but one is clearly better made then guess which one I'm going to choose.
>>
>>33709081
Just because you see it as an improvement doesn't mean it has the track record. I chose a glock because the 19 has been around for decades and performed, the P10 doesn't have that. It wasn't the only factor in my choice but it is worth mentioning, Bayes theorem has a place in establishing a good base of information.
>>
>>33709043
Glock certainly has been complacent and I would never deny that, but for OPs application my opinion is that it will serve them better. Since it has been around so long there is a far more holster options, magazines of every size in every gun shop, more sight options etc. And it may be an old design but it is still one of the lightest, thinnest, double stack 9s with 15+1 on the market.

Is it "the best"? Who fuckin knows, maybe not. But for an American getting a Cc weapon it's still a popular option for many reasons. Call me a blockfag if you wish.
>>
>>33709081
Dude their marketing slogan is "Improving on Perfection" for the P10. Do you really think they aren't ripping on Glock with that?
>>
Get a Rock Island Armory Compact or whatever the fuck it's called.

>inb4 7 bullets
>fuddy5
>>
>>33709208
>Do you really think they aren't ripping on Glock with that?
Not really. taking he design and improving on it, yes.

It's like saying glock ripped off VP70 or that CZ 75 ripped off Browning Hi-Power .
>>
>>33709297
I said "ripping on" not "ripping off", as in, they clearly were targeting glock with that slogan, which you would have to be thick to deny.

Also, making the grip longer, the gun thicker in many areas, and heavier, doesn't make it an improvement for people looking for something for daily cc. I'm sure it shoots fine etc but it will never have the current breadth of accessories and support, and in the real world that shit matters. Guns don't exist in a vacuum.
>>
>>33708436
Still not sure what point you're trying to make
>>
>>33709439
I'd argue it doesn't matter. If a gun doesn't function from the factory in a satisfactory way, probably shouldn't buy, I mean unless it's a $100 SNS or %80 lower.

Being able to put Red Might Night Sight(TM) on your piece of plastic pistol is nice for some people, but good irons, grips, and accuracy are what matter to me. Weight, not so much
>>
>>33709439
>Also, making the grip longer, the gun thicker in many areas, and heavier, doesn't make it an improvement for people looking for something for daily cc.

https://us.glock.com/products/model/g19
http://cz-usa.com/product/cz-p-10-c/

In comparsion to G19, CZ P-10 is:
0.06 inch shorter
0.21 inch higher
0.08 wider
and 2.28 oz heavier

Differences in dimensions are so negligible it's pretty much irrelevant but CZ is factually shorter.

Additional 2.28 oz of weight is is the direct consequence of CZ not cheaping out on parts and making the barrel, ejector, slide stop and locking block having much more mass and being more sturdy/well made. Also ambi slide stop/mag release. I don't think 2.28 oz makes much of a difference in how comfortable the gun is to carry but the quality of parts does make a difference.

>it will never have the current breadth of accessories and support, and in the real world that shit matters.
Anon the glock have that much accesorries and support because there are tons of things that are wrong with them out of the box. Glock 19 trigger sucks out of the box, P10 has one of the best if not best triggers as far as striker fired handguns go. Glock 19 stock polymer sights suckwhile P10 are steel.

I also don't really see what accessories you would get for a cc gun beyond night sights and maybe a flashlight for home defense.
>>
>>33706215
They're fat guns
>>
File: 1.jpg (2MB, 3032x2028px) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
2MB, 3032x2028px
>>33705228
As someone who owned a P-01, I would get the Glock.
>>
Smallest guns worth carrying - P30/P2000 g19
>>
>>33706287
>dat overl thick barrel to compensate for the use of poor quality metals

CZ's at it again folks
>>
>>33706174
(You)
>>
>>33709581
Thank you for correcting me, the cz is in fact slightly shorter, my bad. I think we could both agree that the differences in size/weight are close enough to not matter to most, but OP wanted a CC setup and I think the glock would be the "most" easy to conceal given the information.

I can't speak to the quality of czs parts because I am not a metallurgist or a machinist, but I know that the glock monkies do a good job the vast majority of the time.

You and I both know that while stock glock sights suck, the rest of the accessories aren't because of deficits but because people these days enjoy the modularity of their firearms and customizing them for their uses. You see the stock glock trigger as horrible but in reality it is completely usable. Just because someone comes out with a trigger upgrade for the P10 (which they will, trust me) doesn't mean the stock trigger is unusable, you just need to be able to effectively pull it without disrupting sight picture.

A light and night sights are absolutely first buys for most people, but so are holsters and mags, and glock wins in availability and options for all of those except the light.

Again, any gun is better than no gun, but OP asked for a good cc gun and the glock hits more boxes in the important factors at this point in time, at least as I see it.
>>
>>33709688
>CZ cold hammer forged barrels
>poor quality
Please don't talk about stuff you have no idea about.

>>33709720
>A light and night sights are absolutely first buys for most people, but so are holsters and mags, and glock wins in availability and options for all of those except the light.
I didn't check it myself yet, but as far as I know P10 actually fits in glock holsters.

As for mags, all new production CZ P-07 mags that have the notch for ambi mag release will fit P-10. In older mags you can add the notch yourself if you are savvy.

I won't adress the other stuff because it's down to opinion and preference. It mostly boils down to P10 being of better quality pretty much all across the board while G19 is slightly lighter and much more established. Given that P10 is farily new, the latter might change in time.
>>
>>33705228
>As a first CC what would be best
Something small and comfortable.
You are going to learn early on that carrying a full size (and even many compacts) isn't super comfy.
As a result you will most likely leave the house without it.
>>
File: 1385255912924.jpg (17KB, 352x259px) Image search: [Google]
1385255912924.jpg
17KB, 352x259px
>>33709851
>P10 being of better quality pretty much all across the board
>>
>>33709883
Read other posts. You are being ignorant or delusional if you think this isn't true, no one chooses the glocks because of their quality.
>>
>>33709910
All I see are some CZ faggots circle jerking over an inferior pistol. I'm surprised no one has brought up the "NATO testing" that doesn't exist yet.
>>
>>33706287
>rough, thick, heavy, almost cast looking

vs

>smooth, light, perfection
>>
>>33709851
It would be cool if they fit 19 holsters, that would certainly make it more viable. The point I was trying to make about magazines is that I can walk into any bumfuck lgs and buy 19/17/18 mags if I need to and I see that as an advantage.

>better quality across the board
Maybe on paper, but they need to be consistent in the end product for that to matter. It doesn't matter if the barrel has more material and other things if cz can't consistently make them to the same spec in conjunction with other components, and the only way to establish that is time and rounds down range.

If it does perform in the end, then I hope it succeeds, but until that track record and consistency is established it's all talk and jerking off to specs on a piece of paper.
>>
>>33706174
So literally a glock 19 but heavier and with a cheaper button cut barrel instead of polygonal rifling. Good job cz.
>>
>>33709910
Dude you are smoking crack, glocks aren't exactly space age magic blasters but they have a consistent product, and when you buy a gun to bet your life on I don't want space age bullshit, I want a consistent, reliable product.

Either you're a shill or you are drinking the marketing koolaid
>>
>>33706934
Ok go back to the youtube comment section now.
>>
>>33710034
>implying CZ isn't known for consistent and reliable product
Newsflash, just because something has a better trigger, better sights, better mag release, better barrel, better ejector, better locking block and is fully ambidextrous doesn't mean it suddenly becomes unreliable.
>>
>>33705252
>>33705252
>>33705252
>>33705252
>>
>>33705228
if you're not ccing a deagle brand deagle(tm) in 50 African Eliminator, you're essentially asking to be gangraped by a pack of feral niggers
>>
>>33709043
Because most of the things that people cite as "improvements" of the glock design are either superfluous or are actually drawbacks. I can see people wanting forward slide serrations maybe, but I see little reason to add shit like decockers like walthers have or cheapo metal sights like hk or """modularity""" like sig or added weight for no reason like the cz brand notaglock.
>>
>>33709081
Seems like they made it worse to me. At least its a little cheaper but I'd rather pay for something I want rather than settle.
>>
>>33709581
So it's smaller in the one dimension that doesn't matter and bigger and heavier in all the dimensions that do.

>Better trigger
How would you know? It's not even out yet

>Glock 19 stock polymer sights suckwhile P10 are steel.
Both sights suck. Idc if the cz sights are metal. Unless they come with Ameriglo pro i-dots out of the box, they're going to the same trash can that stock glock sights do.
>>
>>33710061
The reason you think that shit is better is because you are reading it off a pdf on the Internet you dumbass. "better" in the context of a self-defense firearm means when I pull the trigger it cycles consistently, which is something you establish through repetition over time, as per the scientific method and with respect to Bayes theorem.

Since there are not millions of P10s in circulation that have seen thousands of rounds in conditions all over the world, it is not nearly as grounded in data that supports it's consistency, and the glock is scientifically "better" in those terms, as much as you would wish it to be otherwise.
>>
>>33705252
>unless you're a really big guy

4 u
>>
>>33710175
Not that guy because my main pistols I'm looking at are the G19 vs the P07, but there is the thing called Glock leg, which isn't something CZ's are notorious for. And there are examples of them "exploding". Yes, you can chalk that up to the fact that there are so damn many of them out there, so it's more likely an idiot would buy one, but if you're going to go off the history of what a gun is known for, that's something to consider whether you like it or not.

Also I just really hate striker triggers. That little two part trigger thing just bugs me for some reason.

Granted every CZ p07 could catastrophically explode tomorrow but until then its on paper stats are pretty much superior than the g19 and most of the reviews I see show people preferring them or just saying "I'm biased towards glocks but these CZ's are good."

Honestly I expect I'm gonna just buy both before long but it is influencing which I'm going to buy first.
>>
>>33709851
Your stupidly thick barrel is literally a direct indicator of poor quality metal, retard.
>>
>>33705228
75c is very nice but it's really heavy. It's like ridiculously heavy for a compact EDC, especially going into summer.
>>
>>33709639
I have a p-01, for summer I might get a ppq. P-01 is great for winter.
>>
it honestly only depends on what you like more, it's not a question of reliability, or capability, or price.

they are somewhere around the same size and provide similar round capacity, so it all comes down to what system and maker you like the most, don't let internet people "help" you.

i honestly like both, and while i prefer steel double action semi's in most cases, i could see glock's benefits over the cz.

the glock is lighter,easier to customize and repair, and also has less edges.

i would probably buy a .380acp steel pistol, like a bersa thunder or beretta 84, but i can't deny the fact that the cz is great, even tho i'm a beretta guy and am carrying a beretta 81b right now.

i would say the cz is better, but since it's your first ccw gun, the glock may be a better option as of now.

down the path you'll probably find some sexy pistol to carry, but before you actually get to know your guns, your shooting and carrying a gun for self defense in general, you're better off with a simple glock.
>>
>>33710019
I have yet to have any issues with non polygonal rifling in any firearm.
>>
>>33709188
The p-10 uses p-07/9 mags, glock holsters, an iirc p-07/9 sights which there are a ton of. It also comes with better sights out of the box.
>>
>>33710175
>implying the scientific method is applied through defensive shootings

No one can see the helmet your wear on the internet. You should have the courtesy to preface your posts with a disclaimer indicating which particular mental disability you are challenged with.
Thread posts: 90
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.