[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>still listening to the pleb army and putting forward assists

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 5

File: ar-15_forward_assist_F.jpg (31KB, 600x400px) Image search: [Google]
ar-15_forward_assist_F.jpg
31KB, 600x400px
>still listening to the pleb army and putting forward assists on your ar15
>not listening to eugene boner the creator of the ar15 god gun
>smash forward assist
>doesn't fix your jam
>ItoldYouSo.exe

why dont u losers think for yourselves instead of copying everything from what the army does
>>
wow really made me think
>>
You don't fucking SMASH the forward assist. You REPEATEDLY PRESS IT to bring the bolt back into battery.
>>
>>33704936
It's good to have so you can still push the bolt into battery should you ever release the charging handle gently for whatever reason.
>>
>>33704986
but I would never for any reason
>>
>>33705335
Stealthy sneeki reload maybe? Idk :P
>>
Stop "smashing" it and try just pushing it.
>>
I don't even use the forward assist. I just press my thumb against the bolt until it goes into battery.

I was pushing and smacking the forward assist once and it didn't work. This did.
>>
File: 1491515137225.webm (2MB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
1491515137225.webm
2MB, 480x360px
>>33704936
Stoner also thought that the AR15 didn't need a chrome lined chamber and barrel either, and fuck the Air Force for their shitty rifle.
>>
>>33704936
It's called a forward assist, not a jam clear. It's there because the AR is such a shitty design with a weak action that sometimes the spring doesn't release forward with enough force to close the bolt, so you hit it to fully seat the round. It's also used for more silent chambering of the weapon.
>>
File: SIG550.jpg (102KB, 1024x569px) Image search: [Google]
SIG550.jpg
102KB, 1024x569px
>>33705937
Actually chrome lining is not needed, when its nitrided. See SIG550 for example of a service rifle that isnt chrome lined.
>>
>>33705949
>>33704986
just thumb the cutout in the bolt ya dumbdumb
>>
>>33706057
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QdIf2zIpjTQ
>>
>>33705963
>Nitrided.
>In a pre 60's rifle.
Anon plz.
>>
>>33704961
>You REPEATEDLY PRESS IT to bring the dirt back into the chamber.
FTFY
>>
>>33705514
>shoot 30 rounds of super-sonic ammunition at an enemy
>"this sneaky silent reload will make them forget all about me"
>>
>>33705937
>Stoner also thought that the AR15 didn't need a chrome lined chamber and barrel either
Nope, he actually said the exact opposite, and the army ignored him.

Every single non-chromed M-16 which shit the bed in Vietnam was build against the advice of Stoner and Colt. He raised the issue before they went into production.
>>
File: 1478207782524.jpg (80KB, 450x450px) Image search: [Google]
1478207782524.jpg
80KB, 450x450px
>>33705949
ah, you almost got me there comrade
>*whispers in your ass* (You)
>>
File: 1383948796801.png (420KB, 578x643px) Image search: [Google]
1383948796801.png
420KB, 578x643px
>>33704936
>>33706107
or maybe there's dirt and grit in the upper receiver that causes the bolt to slow down and pressing the forward assist helps it go into battery? you're automatically assuming the only possibe cause of failure to go into battery is a chamber obstruction. you do know lubing an AR-15 is one of the main things you do to avoid malfunctions right? because guess what, friction on the bolt carrier is a big cause of malfunctions and it does no harm to tap the forward assist to ASSIST THE FORWARD TRAVEL when it's stiff. so give me one example of the use of the forward assist causing a case head seperation or stuck case or even a kaboom, because it never happens
>>
>>33706251
>or maybe there's dirt and grit in the upper receiver that causes the bolt to slow down
The AR-15 is a closed system, that doesn't happen.

When dirt stops the bolt from closing, it's always forward of the bolt carrier.

>so give me one example of the use of the forward assist causing a case head seperation or stuck case or even a kaboom, because it never happens
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oh1lyMyejpI

Happens only to people who use their forward assist. Does not happen to people who don't use the forward assist.
>>
>>33706288
that was a squib lmao, and maybe he jammed another round in by pushing the squib further forward but it's borderline cherry picking because squibs are extremely unlikely to happen, especially with regular quality ammo

also

>muh closed AR-15 meme

it's not fucking vacuum sealed, dirt does literally get inside the buffer tube and receivers and it builds up, most of the time when you use the forward assist it'll snap forward or only require a very small amount of force. you'd know if something was in the way because you'd feel it being really heavy
>>
>>33706108
> super sneaky operation
>doesn't have a round chambered well in advance
>mfw super quiet forward assist saved me again
>>
Was literally thinking about this on the way to work. Why do we still have a "make the problem worse" button on our rifles?
>>
No rifle needs a chrome bore or barrel. The problem was the absolute dogshit dirtier than a tijuana whore ammo we used for the first half of Vietnam.
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.